Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ****deleted****

Comment

• [QUOTE=bigmitch123;3641206]Has anyone who went to the March 21-22 processing heard anything from their investigator? I took my psych

Yes i actually had my home interview today. My polygraph is set for next week.. Can i ask why there is another weekend process going on when there was just one in March? Just curious as to why so soon..

Comment

• Don't worry about the why. Just be happy it's moving along. Good luck.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Are their multiple orientations or just one? I got the orientation letter for the NYC troop but not the one I live in?

Comment

• Man, next processing can't come fast enough, I am going to be near the top.

Comment

• Anyone going to the troop E orientation tomorrow morning?

Comment

• 10 characters
                Last edited by Prospect07; 09-23-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prospect07 View Post
                  Has anyone's BI contacted the references you have provided on the application? I've met with the BI, completed the psych eval & poly. Just curious....

Thanks
                  All of my references were called, my BI went to my job and talked to my bosses, and had a home interview a few days after the polygraph. My BI called me the day after the home interview to tell me everything was pretty much done, and that my file is going up to Albany.

Comment

Last edited by Prospect07; 09-23-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Reaching out to anyone who was invited to attend candidate processing on May 16 and 17, 2015 at the New York State Police Academy and heading to orientation for Troop L Headquarters out in Farmingdale, NY 11735. Would be really interested in interacting with someone on here who plans on attending from the Long Island area.

I ended up renting one of the last rooms at a hotel outside of Albany which had an extra bed and will be driving up Friday evening. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Comment

• Do any of the trooper candidates going into the Academy know anything about the physical exam? I've heard different things about if your form isn't exactly how its written in the guide they will tell you to leave.

Any truth?

Comment

• Forms for Albany, There is a section on driving record that ask you to list all traffic tickets you have ever received, how do I find record of traffic tickets? I remember getting one a few years ago but cannot remember date, or exact violation..Is there a place where I can get this information? Not sure how to complete form without this information.

Comment

• 10characters
                            Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rsom1 View Post
                              Do any of the trooper candidates going into the Academy know anything about the physical exam? I've heard different things about if your form isn't exactly how its written in the guide they will tell you to leave.

Any truth?

What is provided to you in the packet outlining what happens during the PAT is what will happen... It is a progressive test so you need to pass each phase to make it to the next. You can go to the NYSP website for a tutorial video. I was there in March 2015, sit ups then push ups then your 1.5 mile run. There is a 15 min gap between the push ups and the run. We ran on the indoor track, you will probably be outside. The sit ups sent half of the candidates packing... Its a fine filter to filter out those with a poorly conditioned core. Two instructors will demonstrate what they consider a full sit up.

Comment

• Originally posted by schoolsinsession View Post
                                Forms for Albany, There is a section on driving record that ask you to list all traffic tickets you have ever received, how do I find record of traffic tickets? I remember getting one a few years ago but cannot remember date, or exact violation..Is there a place where I can get this information? Not sure how to complete form without this information.
                                Yes, you can order a lifetime driving record through the NYS DMV using form MV-15 with a $10 money order or check. It will take approximately two weeks to receive it. I sent up for mine last Monday overnight and they received it on Tuesday. Still waiting for it it in the mail. Hopefully get it soon so I can fill out that part of the application as that is the only part I have left to complete.
                                NYSP
                                Score: 97.x

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11532 users online. 410 members and 11122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X