300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
    Anyone have a good running program they are using to get themselves to be able to run at least 10 miles for this academy?
    What do you run now? I went from running ziltch to passing the PAT in a month. Alternate running a lap, then walking, then running 2, walking 1, etc.

They're big on high interval training at the Academy, and it's proven to work. To apply it to running, you would run 100% for a set time/distance, then do a resting walk for some time, then full bore again. Repeat. I know I'm being super vague but you need to cater it to your own abilities.

Good luck. And yes, training yourself for 10 miles is overkill. 5k is a fair goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
      What do you run now? I went from running ziltch to passing the PAT in a month. Alternate running a lap, then walking, then running 2, walking 1, etc.

They're big on high interval training at the Academy, and it's proven to work. To apply it to running, you would run 100% for a set time/distance, then do a resting walk for some time, then full bore again. Repeat. I know I'm being super vague but you need to cater it to your own abilities.

Good luck. And yes, training yourself for 10 miles is overkill. 5k is a fair goal.
      I run a few miles a week. I just didnt know if anyone had a good program to follow. I run before or after my lift. I heard some where they run 10 miles a few times in the academy. I just want to be in the best possible shape before the academy.

Comment

• Greetings, I just got a call from Albany to get medical records from my ACL Reconstruction back in 2010. I was cleared to play lacrosse 5 months after my surgery. Is having an ACL surgery a sure DQ or if my knee is 100% and stable i shouldn't worry? Just a little paranoid i want this job more then anything!

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
          Greetings, I just got a call from Albany to get medical records from my ACL Reconstruction back in 2010. I was cleared to play lacrosse 5 months after my surgery. Is having an ACL surgery a sure DQ or if my knee is 100% and stable i shouldn't worry? Just a little paranoid i want this job more then anything!
          Well if they are asking for your records then you haven't been DQ yet. I think you should be fine. I know plenty of guys that have returned to full and strenuous after having that surgery and I know guys who have been hired after having it as well so they obviously know you can do the job after having it. That being said every surgery and it's results are different; so they do need a thorough medical history so the Division Physician can review the records.

Don't worry: When I went through my physical I was told I was going to need a waiver from the Division Physician for an injury I sustained in the Military. I was really sweating that. But I wasn't leaving there without an answer so I went and found him. He was standing in the hallway talking to a Lieutenant so I waited for them to finish their conversation walked up to him introduced myself and told him I was going to need a waiver from him if I was to get hired. He looked at me and said "I just saw you take your PT test, you're fine, you'll get your waiver." He wrote down my name and that was the last I ever heard about my medical records. Then I got hired.

Good luck.
          In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Anyone know when the next wave will start processing?

Comment

• 10characters
              Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                Aren't you in the academy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I think you got me confused with Whitty.
                I scored 96.Xxx so I have a wait still.

Comment

• 10characters
                  Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Wondering the same thing, the last ranking number that I am aware of that was processed was 5100, no one answered my post, so still wondering whats the last ranking # processed.

Comment

Originally posted by schoolsinsession View Post
                      Wondering the same thing, the last ranking number that I am aware of that was processed was 5100, no one answered my post, so still wondering whats the last ranking # processed.

Comment

• Originally posted by UpNorth3816 View Post
                        Hmmm, if they take the next 2000, I might be passed over by a few spots, thanks for the info UpNorth.

Comment

• Has anyone who went to the March 21-22 processing heard anything from their investigator? I took my psych a few weeks ago and still have not got anything

Comment

• I just got email about orientation...I was in 6000

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmitch123 View Post
                              Has anyone who went to the March 21-22 processing heard anything from their investigator? I took my psych a few weeks ago and still have not got anything
                              Yes, met with my BI a couple of days before the psych exam and have the poly scheduled for next week.

Comment

• Dam, I still have not heard anything. Anyone else still waiting to meet with their BI?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4474 users online. 245 members and 4229 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X