300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
    Another Question for you Graystate, a lot of my friends are not taking the test for NYSP because they think there's nothing to do upstate and so on (but a lot of parts in upstate have gun and drug problems from my understanding from what this other trooper told me), and also they don't like the fact that their backup is 20-30mins away and so on which is the main fact that turns them off but w/e that's good for me less competition for me, but my question to you is usually how far away is your nearest backup?
    John,

I work in upstate Troop D area and back up isn't that bad. Most counties have a Sheriff's Dept and they respond with you to all domestic's and other high priority calls. Also, when other members hear you getting called to other priority calls they are already on their way. Now if you work in Troop B, well that's another story. The main thing is Officer Safety, I can not stress this enough. Your main goal is to go home at the end of your 12 hr shift. All police officers will tell you the same. SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY.

Comment

• Originally posted by redzone View Post
      John,

I work in upstate Troop D area and back up isn't that bad. Most counties have a Sheriff's Dept and they respond with you to all domestic's and other high priority calls. Also, when other members hear you getting called to other priority calls they are already on their way. Now if you work in Troop B, well that's another story. The main thing is Officer Safety, I can not stress this enough. Your main goal is to go home at the end of your 12 hr shift. All police officers will tell you the same. SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY.
      thank you for your answer, that made me feel a lot better about the backup thing, because that is the only thing that has me worry about being a Trooper. thank you for you answer and time.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Thank you for the replies guys, you have at least put my mind at ease about the subject. I am definitely not the type to point fingers and yell racist, but when I looked into how few Asians there were in the NYSP, I really was surprised. Good to know there are Asian-American troopers out there though. I guess their ratio is on the low end in most LE agencies in general, not just here. I wish more of us would consider these types of jobs/careers. Anyway, I look forward to taking the exam.

Comment

• John, I have noticed where I live (SARATOGA) the Troopers get a lot of help from Saratoga County Sheriff's. It definitely puts me at ease. Even on I-87 the Troopers get a lot of help from Albany PD, Colonie PD, State Park Police, Glens Falls PD, Saratoga Springs, etc. The only problem I ever hear from my tpr friends is in the Adirondacks because back up is like 20 minutes away. But they are VERY OFFICER SAFETY up there.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
            John, I have noticed where I live (SARATOGA) the Troopers get a lot of help from Saratoga County Sheriff's. It definitely puts me at ease. Even on I-87 the Troopers get a lot of help from Albany PD, Colonie PD, State Park Police, Glens Falls PD, Saratoga Springs, etc. The only problem I ever hear from my tpr friends is in the Adirondacks because back up is like 20 minutes away. But they are VERY OFFICER SAFETY up there.
            oooo ok,that's good, I live in Troop L and they aren't that spread out as much over here on Long Island, I usually see them in groups on the side of the road like 4-5cars parked and they're always at the state parks helping out NYSPP, so if they get help from sheriff departments and other local departments upstate that makes me feel a lot better. thanks for you answer.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Anyone from Troop F and K? I wonder how is it working in those areas if anyone knows? because when I'm in the academy(if and when I get there) I'm going to ask for Troop L as my 1st choice but I know I have a very very very slim chance of getting that, so I want troop F or K as my other choices. so if anyone has any imput on those two troops plz let me know
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                Anyone from Troop F and K? I wonder how is it working in those areas if anyone knows? because when I'm in the academy(if and when I get there) I'm going to ask for Troop L as my 1st choice but I know I have a very very very slim chance of getting that, so I want troop F or K as my other choices. so if anyone has any imput on those two troops plz let me know
                i thought L was one of the easier to get into.....

i don't really know though....anyone help?

Comment

• From previous post, the wait is about 1-3 years for Troop L

Comment

• I want Troop D! Nothing like patroling 28 through the ADK's and Old Forge or 177 across the Hill!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                      i thought L was one of the easier to get into.....

i don't really know though....anyone help?
                      nope Troop L is one of the hardest to get in to, there's a 1-3waiting list of transfers for troop L, I spoke to a trooper in Troop L he said it took him 4yrs before he was sent out here before that he was troop K,that's why I want troop K or F that way I'm not tooo far from Long Island, I'll be within a good 2hour drive or so.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• so anyone here from Troop F or K? or anyone has anything to say about troop F or K, about the work and things to do in those troops?
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• troop f or k wouldn't be the end of the world........might actually be alright to get off long island for a while.

how does the cost of living compare to that on long island?

Comment

• Anyone know how long it takes to transfer to Troop areas C, D, & E ?

Also, a friend who is looking to take the test wants to know if he will be turned down during processing for a history of high cholesterol?
                            sigpic
                            IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                              troop f or k wouldn't be the end of the world........might actually be alright to get off long island for a while.

how does the cost of living compare to that on long island?
                              A LOTTTTTTT cheaper, I was looking at APTS you can get a two bedroom APT w/ living room kitchen and full bathroom for like 600-800dollars a month but some of those areas are nothing like LI, they are very rural everything is farrrrr away and so on real rural passing westchester.
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                                Anyone know how long it takes to transfer to Troop areas C, D, & E ?

Also, a friend who is looking to take the test wants to know if he will be turned down during processing for a history of high cholesterol?
                                I don't think so as long as he passes the PAT test and doesn't have any heart problems. and passes all the physical stuff in the academy.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12932 users online. 490 members and 12442 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X