Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on here going up to Processing Weekend this Saturday?
    Last edited by JCLevs; 03-19-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCLevs View Post
      Anyone on here going up to Processing Weekend this Saturday?
      How'd it go for you so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sl6793 View Post
        How'd it go for you so far?
        Good! scheduled for my post psych interview in late April. Only thing in nervous about is the poly, even tho I was honest and have nothing to hide. I just hear from numerous people how they got nervous and failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JCLevs View Post
          Good! scheduled for my post psych interview in late April. Only thing in nervous about is the poly, even tho I was honest and have nothing to hide. I just hear from numerous people how they got nervous and failed.
          Everybody gets nervous. Applicants don't fail because they were nervous they fail because they lied. If someone told you they failed the polygraph because they were nervous they lied twice; once on the test and then again to you.
          In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
            Everybody gets nervous. Applicants don't fail because they were nervous they fail because they lied. If someone told you they failed the polygraph because they were nervous they lied twice; once on the test and then again to you.
            I am super nervous for my poly, even if I get that far. I've had contact high once in high school when I went to see Modest Mouse perform live. The entire auditorium was saturated, and we walked out high as kites. How the heck should you answer if they ask you if you ever smoked MJ, technically I wasn't smoking, but if I answer no, I know I will be super nervous, are you given a chance to explain your answer after they ask you the question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
              I am super nervous for my poly, even if I get that far. I've had contact high once in high school when I went to see Modest Mouse perform live. The entire auditorium was saturated, and we walked out high as kites. How the heck should you answer if they ask you if you ever smoked MJ, technically I wasn't smoking, but if I answer no, I know I will be super nervous, are you given a chance to explain your answer after they ask you the question?
              You maybe could have written about that on the applicant integrity questionnaire that we filled out after the PAT. I'm just an applicant like yourself, but my guess is that if you're honest about the incident, you shouldn't run into too many issues with it.

Comment

• 10characters
                Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Just don't lie, that DQ's more applicants than anything.

Comment

• Anyone have a good running program they are using to get themselves to be able to run at least 10 miles for this academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
                      Anyone have a good running program they are using to get themselves to be able to run at least 10 miles for this academy?
                      Yea, its called going outside and running

Comment

• Originally posted by Citykid33 View Post
                        Just don't lie, that DQ's more applicants than anything.
                        Yes you answer the question asked of you and you can explain yourself. You're having a conversation with an investigator. And I doubt you were high from the air in the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
                          Anyone have a good running program they are using to get themselves to be able to run at least 10 miles for this academy?
                          You won't run more than a 5 k. We ran more than a 5k one time.

Comment

That won't disqualify you. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're testing the waters to see how the polygraph process works since you are planning to be deceptive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
                              That won't disqualify you. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're testing the waters to see how the polygraph process works since you are planning to be deceptive.
                              No, if I smoked weed in the past I would have said so before. I had friends in college who smoked the stuff, and I can't stand the smell of it, smells like stale **** and BO.
                              Last edited by Striker Eureka; 04-05-2015, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• What rank number was the last processed for NYS trooper? the last number I heard was 5100.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4126 users online. 209 members and 3917 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X