Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good luck to everyone that entered the academy...our hearts and prayers will be with you in making it through the next 6 months. Also, congratulations to the candidates being processed for the Fall 2015 academy. Glad to hear there there isn't a hiring freeze.

    Also, does anyone have a likely idea when as to reaching candidate processing for list number 6,1xx? Hoping that it will be soon! Looking forward to when my times comes to go through the process.
    NYSP
    Score: 97.x
    Rank: 6,xxx

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
      Good luck to everyone that entered the academy...our hearts and prayers will be with you in making it through the next 6 months. Also, congratulations to the candidates being processed for the Fall 2015 academy. Glad to hear there there isn't a hiring freeze.

      Also, does anyone have a likely idea when as to reaching candidate processing for list number 6,1xx? Hoping that it will be soon! Looking forward to when my times comes to go through the process.
      Post #10627 states that they reached list #5107 in processing for the fall academy. So they will probably hit your # in the next group of processing.
      Last edited by NYSOFMIND; 03-06-2015, 05:25 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
        Is there any reason in particular that the attrition rate for this list is higher than usual?
        No. Just how I heard things were going. Obviously that can change with each canvas. It was more to illustrate how no one can predict how high the list will go not to insinuate that there is anything different in how they are processing applicants. There is also self attrition like the dozen or so who just didn't show up to the academy after receiving an invite and acknowledging the were coming. Basically my point is no two list are the same and there is no way to know how high they will get.
        In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
          No. Just how I heard things were going. Obviously that can change with each canvas. It was more to illustrate how no one can predict how high the list will go not to insinuate that there is anything different in how they are processing applicants. There is also self attrition like the dozen or so who just didn't show up to the academy after receiving an invite and acknowledging the were coming. Basically my point is no two list are the same and there is no way to know how high they will get.
          Thanks.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
            Post #10627 states that they reached list #5107 in processing for the fall academy. So they will probably hit your # in the next group of processing.
            Thanks for the information as well as the update.
            NYSP
            Score: 97.x
            Rank: 6,xxx

            Comment


            • Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
              Post #10627 states that they reached list #5107 in processing for the fall academy. So they will probably hit your # in the next group of processing.
              Wow I got really lucky in that case; just made it for this canvassing period. I was 50XX, and I moved down to 51XX because of the supplementary military exam.

              Comment


              • If you got a letter to start processing that means you will be up for fall 2015 academy?

                Comment


                • New York State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D’Amico is saddened to announce the death of Trooper Donald R. Fredenburg. Trooper Fredenburg was assigned to the New York State Police Academy for Basic School Training.

                  On March 13, 2015, Trooper Fredenburg collapsed while participating in a daily physical training run with members of the 203rd Basic School.

                  At 6:30 am, the Academy class was approximately 1/4 mile into their morning run around the UAlbany campus when Trooper Fredenburg fell to the ground.

                  New York State Police Academy staff tended to Trooper Fredenburg, attaching an AED which advised a shock. His heart was restarted by the AED and he was transported to Albany Medical Center where he died at approximately 7:30 am.

                  Trooper Fredenburg, 23, served as a U.S. Marine from 2009 until 2013 and was in his second week of training at the New York State Police Academy.Trooper Fredenburg is from Utica, NY .

                  RIP Trooper Fredenburg
                  RIP Marine
                  In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

                  Comment


                  • 10characters
                    Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 03:36 PM.

                    Comment


                    • 10characters
                      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 03:36 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                        Isn't there a user with that last name?

                        RIP
                        Yes
                        In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

                        Comment


                        • Rest in peace Trooper Fredenburg. Thank you for your service and God bless.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                            Isn't there a user with that last name?

                            RIP


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            yes...and he is from Utica... RIP.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
                              New York State Police Superintendent Joseph A. D’Amico is saddened to announce the death of Trooper Donald R. Fredenburg. Trooper Fredenburg was assigned to the New York State Police Academy for Basic School Training.

                              On March 13, 2015, Trooper Fredenburg collapsed while participating in a daily physical training run with members of the 203rd Basic School.

                              At 6:30 am, the Academy class was approximately 1/4 mile into their morning run around the UAlbany campus when Trooper Fredenburg fell to the ground.

                              New York State Police Academy staff tended to Trooper Fredenburg, attaching an AED which advised a shock. His heart was restarted by the AED and he was transported to Albany Medical Center where he died at approximately 7:30 am.

                              Trooper Fredenburg, 23, served as a U.S. Marine from 2009 until 2013 and was in his second week of training at the New York State Police Academy.Trooper Fredenburg is from Utica, NY .

                              RIP Trooper Fredenburg
                              RIP Marine
                              Semper Fi!
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                                Semper Fi!
                                Only 23, that's crazy.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9347 users online. 470 members and 8877 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X