300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hangloose View Post
    I stayed at the Best Western across the university and just walt to the academy. Best Western has good price too.
    Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
    Wear ur glasses on the day and bring ur contacts
    Thanks guys, good luck in the academy.

Comment

• For the people that just got hired... Any tips for the people that are about to go through the process or will go through the process next round? Anything from the fit test to the last step would be great. Thank You.

Comment

• 2 days. I packed as light as I could and I still can't hold it for that long.

Comment

• There isn't a whole lot to prepare for but make sure you have your doctor's physical up to date and have all necessary paperwork done.

Don't get any new tattoos because they may want you to remove them.

Stay the night before- it helps.

Eat something light before the physical- I had a banana and a special K bar.

Take the psychological on Sunday- you have an option to take it Saturday but there's no point because you have to go back on Sunday anyway.

If you pass the physical let me know and I'll help you with the next steps

Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
          For the people that just got hired... Any tips for the people that are about to go through the process or will go through the process next round? Anything from the fit test to the last step would be great. Thank You.

Comment

• Hey guys, congrats on everyone who got called for processing weekend. I have a question for the more experienced guys here.. I recently got a speeding ticket 53/40 mph.. My first ever & I'm attending the processing weekend in March. I wasn't trying to speed or get home quicker.. I'm usually very cautious. But that night I went from work straight to my mma class & then to the gym for some running. On my way home, for some reason, I was day dreaming & missed my exit & had to take another route home which led to my ticket. So back to the question part, how bad is this going to hurt me if I make it far into the processing? It's my first speeding ticket ever & my second traffic ticket. The last one was in 2012 for failure to yield for an emergency vehicle which I had no idea was a law. I was a new driver. Thanks in advance
            Last edited by Celcius27; 02-28-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Celcius27 View Post
              Hey guys, congrats on everyone who got called for processing weekend. I have a question for the more experienced guys here.. I recently got a speeding ticket 53/40 mph.. My first ever & I'm attending the processing weekend in March. I wasn't trying to speed or get home quicker.. I'm usually very cautious. But that night I went from work straight to my mma class & then to the gym for some running. On my way home, for some reason, I was day dreaming & missed my exit & had to take another route home which led to my ticket. So back to the question part, how bad is this going to hurt me if I make it far into the processing? It's my first speeding ticket ever & my second traffic ticket. The last one was in 2012 for failure to yield for an emergency vehicle which I had no idea was a law. I was a new driver. Thanks in advance
              I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

• I can't believe we are starting the academy tomorrow. I am looking forward to the long and rough 6 months we have ahead of us, and I can't wait to meet the people I will soon be calling my brothers and sisters. We will probably be told not to post on here during our time in the academy, so I just wanted to say to everyone going in to stay strong, DON'T give up, and remember that it is 6 months of blood, sweat, and tears for a rewarding life long career. Remember why you started, and remember the people on the outside who are rooting for you. Good luck!

Comment

• Congrats to all who are starting tonight. It will be quite the rite of passage. No matter how many years a member has on they can still tell you stories from their first night like it was yesterday. Just remember everything you go through tonight and the next six months thousands and thousands have done before you it is all completely possible if you simply don't allow yourself to quit. Good luck.
                  In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• good luck to everyone

Comment

• So does anybody think its realistic for them to get up to list number 13,xxx off this list in a couple of years?

Comment

• Anything is possible. On the recruitment site, it states that they reached list #10800 on the 2008 exam. Stay hopeful and if it doesn't work out this time around, take the test again. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSOFMIND View Post
                          Anything is possible. On the recruitment site, it states that they reached list #10800 on the 2008 exam. Stay hopeful and if it doesn't work out this time around, take the test again. Good luck.
                          Yeah but the 2008 exam covered a hiring freeze so many people did other things. The list was also extended past the usual 4 year deadline.

Is 13,000 possible? Sure. Realistic? Not really.

You look like you're progressing along with NYPD, I'd focus all my energy on that.

Comment

• Received an email for processing weekend orientation. Is it imperative to go? Or is everything covered in the processing packet. Scheduling will be tough with this which is why I am asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by nymikegb View Post
                              So does anybody think its realistic for them to get up to list number 13,xxx off this list in a couple of years?
                              There are way too many variables to be able to even hazard a guess. Even looking at past lists won't give you a clear picture as this test was very different than previous test and, from what I have heard, the processing is resulting in a higher then normal attrition rate. The best advice that anyone can give anybody going through the process with any agency is: Continue to train and prepare as if you'll be called tomorrow and continue to apply and process with other agencies as if you'll never get a call. The really good news for you is that it seems not only are your following that advice but you are on the list with some amazing agencies, arguable some of the best in the country. Good Luck
                              In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Comment

• Originally posted by Empiregrey View Post
                                There are way too many variables to be able to even hazard a guess. Even looking at past lists won't give you a clear picture as this test was very different than previous test and, from what I have heard, the processing is resulting in a higher then normal attrition rate. The best advice that anyone can give anybody going through the process with any agency is: Continue to train and prepare as if you'll be called tomorrow and continue to apply and process with other agencies as if you'll never get a call. The really good news for you is that it seems not only are your following that advice but you are on the list with some amazing agencies, arguable some of the best in the country. Good Luck
                                Is there any reason in particular that the attrition rate for this list is higher than usual?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9033 users online. 430 members and 8603 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X