Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nyc4419
    commented on 's reply
    Heard from a friend they are anticipating a class in the spring. Fingers crossed

• far1993
    commented on 's reply
    Personally I think it's too soon to tell what if any vaccination policy will be set in place for the next class. I think it's one of those things that we will find out only once it happens

• NYCopper
    commented on 's reply
    The current list will be extended as long as is necessary. I think it is optimistically expected that a class comes in during the Spring - but no one really knows.

• NYCopper
    commented on 's reply
    I will speculate and say the SP is likely to have a class before vaccines are even available to healthy adults entering the academy. It seems more likely to me that they offer it (or require you receive it from them) prior to entry. OSHA guidance has come out saying employers can require it - particularly in environments where your employees are heavily exposed to the public (ie. Schools, hospital, emergency responders, etc ).

• 845Trooper
    replied
    Any one hear anything about them running academies again ? I’m curious on how they are going to handle the current eligibility list .

Leave a comment:

• ascaldwell
    replied
    So what are the chances we will need a vaccination before basic training? Last class had a bunch of positive cases and I'm sure at least a few of us have tested positive and are already immune.

Leave a comment:

• Dukefan23
    replied
    Hey bro, hope you’re well. I hope everyone is well! Ladies and gentlemen I know this has been the worst and craziest year. Let’s count our blessings and hold our faith that we can have a class in 2021, were built for this and we will be so proud when we get our invites and survive the academy, then graduate. I’ve been praying for everyone that is on path and has earned a chance to represent the New York State Police. Let’s not get comfortable; we need to understand that when our time comes we still have to earn it. Let’s get this, we can do it!!! Happy New Years everyone to you and your families.

Leave a comment:

• C_Dona89
    replied
    The physical year for nys budgets should begin in april
    1st not January 1st

Leave a comment:

• far1993
    commented on 's reply
    It can help in a different way - if the federal money is going towards schools, hospitals, unemployment etc. thats less money that NYS has to spend on those things and could potentially recoup some of its losses hopefully.

• Dukefan23
    replied
    nyc4419, we’re currently in FY21, FY21 went into action April of this year. I’d be more worried about next years budget.

Leave a comment:

• nyc4419
    replied
    If any of you look at the NY 2021 fiscal budget, state police is losing $300 million compared to 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Dukefan23
    replied
    The money allocated in that bill isn’t allocated for budget deficit, the money is beyond needed but doesn’t help with the state government budget crisis.

Leave a comment:

• Shakados
    commented on 's reply
    Yes but he is refusing to sign the entire bill, which includes money for New York State, because of the stimulus checks.

• Dukefan23
    replied
    Shakados, stimulus checks will have no impact on when hiring will start up again.

Leave a comment:

• Shakados
    commented on 's reply
    It looks like the President might not sign it because of the ridiculously low stimulus checks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3617 users online. 141 members and 3476 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X