Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Whitty; 03-07-2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• You scared me for a second! Congrats. I bet your wife is over the moon.

Originally posted by Whitty View Post
      Well the mail came. Unfortunately...I guess I'm gonna Have to get a NYS license. See you all in March!

Comment

• I received my acceptance letter this morning. Good luck everyone

Comment

Last edited by Whitty; 03-07-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Comment

• Anyone know how many years approx does it take to get into troop L ?

Comment

• Whitty- I have no idea. I trust that it will work itself out. If anyone does know, though, please also PM me.

Also, I am confused about the health insurance. Are we supposed to choose a plan that works best for us? For example blue cross or aetna? Or is there one that the NYSP specifically uses. I feel like I'm missing something.

Comment

Comment

• I just found advice a trooper gave to future recruit troopers.

"So the next class is set to begin in April. In the past, I've posted some informational items that may answer some questions, and ease the way into academy life. Below is a partial list of suggestions.

If you know an incumbent Trooper, you may want to review this list with him/her. If not, you can PM me.

1) Be punctual. Don't be late for anything. If they say you have to be there by 5:00pm, they don't mean 5:02pm.
                    5:02 pm is late.

2) You stay very busy at the academy, especially the first few weeks. It's a very full day. You will need to keep your energy levels up. So bring some snacks to munch on throughout the day. But bring healthy snacks, granola bars, fresh fuit, etc. It's all about team work, so bring some to share with your quadmates too.

3) The last thing you want to do is to get caught speeding on your way to the academy. If you have a radar detector, use it. Borrow one if you can.

4) The academy is about 6 months long. You are going to want to make yourself comfortable in the dorms. So plan on bringing some small (emphasize small) kitchen appliances, such as a dorm size refrigerator and microwave oven. You don't want two frig's and no mircrowave, so save this step for at least week two, so you can cooridnate with your quadmates. I understand K cups are available in the canteen now, for you coffee drinkers.

5) Wall decorations are acceptable, but keep it clean. Sports posters are OK, but no swimsuit models. I'll bet Eli Manning is popular right now, with the NY Giants having won the Super Bowl.

6) When moving your stuff into the dorms, there is a flat bed cart you can use for the heavy stuff. There is just one available, so don't hog it. If you need it, just ask the First Sergeant for it. There is also a shopping cart, but it has a squeeky wheel, so it's not used much."

Comment

• Originally posted by dom1220 View Post
                      Anyone know how many years approx does it take to get into troop L ?
                      Don't hold your breath. Guys from the 199th haven't gotten into L yet. And if there's a hiring freeze, it'll be even longer.

Comment

• I'll see everyone on the 1st!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                          Don't hold your breath. Guys from the 199th haven't gotten into L yet. And if there's a hiring freeze, it'll be even longer.
                          How long ago was the 199th?

Comment

• Anyone in troop K area receive an email?

Comment

• I greeted my mailman, bright and early, only to receive my acceptance packet!! I'll see you, ladies and gentlemen, in March!

Comment

• Did anyone find out about the paycheck section?

And if anyone knows where to buy good oxford rubber sole shoes, please let me know
                                Last edited by zombiemap; 02-10-2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8065 users online. 426 members and 7639 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X