Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ..........
    Last edited by NiagaraCounty; 02-09-2015, 01:17 AM.

    Comment


    • ..........
      Last edited by NiagaraCounty; 02-09-2015, 01:17 AM.

      Comment


      • ..................
        Last edited by Whitty; 03-07-2015, 09:54 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
          Headed to Five Guys as we speak. Denver International at 0441 hrs.
          If I got the count right it looks like there will be 8 of us. C_ob, Whitty, All American, reil, matty_ice, wny bills10, and Niagara county. Are we all just going to meet in front?
          Last edited by Nysp201491; 01-30-2015, 08:01 AM.

          Comment


          • ..................
            Last edited by Whitty; 03-07-2015, 09:54 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
              Headed to Five Guys as we speak. Denver International at 0441 hrs.
              Glad to hear there aren't any delays. Beware that the snow out east isn't like the champagne snow out west .

              Comment


              • ..................
                Last edited by Whitty; 03-07-2015, 09:54 AM.

                Comment


                • Definitely meet inside. Whoever gets there first, just pick a big table.

                  Originally posted by Nysp201491 View Post
                  If I got the count right it looks like there will be 8 of us. C_ob, Whitty, All American, reil, matty_ice, wny bills10, and Niagara county. Are we all just going to meet in front?

                  Comment


                  • We don't get nearly as much snow as they predicted, but that shouldn't be a surprise. Anyways, regardless of how much snow we got, everyone have a safe trip whether you're driving or flying. I wish I could make it to the get together, but luckily I don't live to far from albany so I won't be heading out their until tomorrow morning.

                    Comment


                    • ..................
                      Last edited by Whitty; 03-07-2015, 09:55 AM.

                      Comment


                      • I just found a post a trooper wrote on a forum. Made me smile. Thought it would be nice to share.

                        "November 30th, 2008, was a cold a rainy day here. Myself and about 100 or so other recruits reported for training at the NYSP academy. I remember very clearly pulling into the parking lot, getting screamed at, standing at attention in front of the main entrance in the freezing rain in my suit. I was out of the military for just of 6 weeks, my son was 1 month old, my wife and I didn't have a place to live and were living in a spare bedroom at my dads house.

                        That winter was pretty cold and we had alot of snow. It made for alot of fun at PT at 0530, when the temperature was in the low 20's and 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground. It also sucked Sunday nights when we had to be back to the academy early to shovel because it had snowed over the weekend, in our suits and polished black shoes, so that the walkways and parking area would be cleaned up for business Monday morning.

                        Communication between the wife occured on Wednesday nights, after evening briefing, it the Sgt. allowed it. We would march out to our vehicles to retrieve our cell phones, and scarf down whatever stash of food we had squirreled away. That reminds me of the chow hall, not that good. I ate better in Iraq than at the academy.

                        Fridays were great. It was the only day of the week we slept under the blankets, because we had to strip the beds and turn in our linen every week. PT was usually tough on Friday, but we had a great outlook for the weekend. Classes dragged by, and usually we got a little extra PT in the afternoon. The drive home was 55 mph, hands at 10 & 2, eyes on your rear view mirror.....nobody wants to get stoppedd in the academy.

                        The weekends were great.

                        Sunday nights sucked. You miss the family, you don't want to be their, but you make it through. I had a cool roomate, he was single and would always have some crazy story about a new woman he had met. My quad mates were all cool too. 2 hillbillies from the north woods, and 1 straigt out of NYC. We could'nt have been more different, but all the same as well.

                        Graduation came quick. I dont remember alot of the academy, it was a blur thats been overshadowed by "the job". But its been well worth it.

                        Having a live in academy didnt affect my decision. All 3 agencies I applied with have live-in academies, including the one I work for."

                        Comment


                        • ..................
                          Last edited by Whitty; 03-07-2015, 09:55 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                            I just found a post a trooper wrote on a forum. Made me smile. Thought it would be nice to share.

                            "November 30th, 2008, was a cold a rainy day here. Myself and about 100 or so other recruits reported for training at the NYSP academy. I remember very clearly pulling into the parking lot, getting screamed at, standing at attention in front of the main entrance in the freezing rain in my suit. I was out of the military for just of 6 weeks, my son was 1 month old, my wife and I didn't have a place to live and were living in a spare bedroom at my dads house.

                            That winter was pretty cold and we had alot of snow. It made for alot of fun at PT at 0530, when the temperature was in the low 20's and 6 inches of fresh snow on the ground. It also sucked Sunday nights when we had to be back to the academy early to shovel because it had snowed over the weekend, in our suits and polished black shoes, so that the walkways and parking area would be cleaned up for business Monday morning.

                            Communication between the wife occured on Wednesday nights, after evening briefing, it the Sgt. allowed it. We would march out to our vehicles to retrieve our cell phones, and scarf down whatever stash of food we had squirreled away. That reminds me of the chow hall, not that good. I ate better in Iraq than at the academy.

                            Fridays were great. It was the only day of the week we slept under the blankets, because we had to strip the beds and turn in our linen every week. PT was usually tough on Friday, but we had a great outlook for the weekend. Classes dragged by, and usually we got a little extra PT in the afternoon. The drive home was 55 mph, hands at 10 & 2, eyes on your rear view mirror.....nobody wants to get stoppedd in the academy.

                            The weekends were great.

                            Sunday nights sucked. You miss the family, you don't want to be their, but you make it through. I had a cool roomate, he was single and would always have some crazy story about a new woman he had met. My quad mates were all cool too. 2 hillbillies from the north woods, and 1 straigt out of NYC. We could'nt have been more different, but all the same as well.

                            Graduation came quick. I dont remember alot of the academy, it was a blur thats been overshadowed by "the job". But its been well worth it.

                            Having a live in academy didnt affect my decision. All 3 agencies I applied with have live-in academies, including the one I work for."
                            I dunno... graduation does not come quick. Worst 6 months ever.

                            Comment


                            • Anybody here? This place is packed

                              Comment


                              • ..........
                                Last edited by NiagaraCounty; 02-09-2015, 01:16 AM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14151 users online. 468 members and 13683 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X