Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post

I thought we established that no troopers are issued ASP's
    You can find a previous post of mine in which I described the type of baton that is issued (as of now, it will change soon).

You didn't see a post of mine in which I described the type of baton that was carried.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      You can find a previous post of mine in which I described the type of baton that is issued (as of now, it will change soon).

You didn't see a post of mine in which I described the type of baton that was carried.
      SlowDownThere: "we carry straight batons.", believe me I read it everyday.
      sigpic

Comment

That should probably be four paragraphs, but anyway, we carry straight batons. (OK, five paragraphs)
        Ok, you got me. I DID state that we CARRY straight batons.

You'll have to forgive me, I was drinking that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
          All I know is that when I saw the 5 minute dvd on the academy training at the orientation a couple of months ago, it was no joke. There was not one scene of PT where it didn't look like the recruits were gonna drop dead from exhaustion. Even the classroom scenes didn't look a bit less than eyes and ears. And that was only 5 minutes. It's gonna be a long 6 months.
          yes indeed it will be a long 6months, but they way I'm going to look at it is THIS 6MONTHS OF TOTURE AND PAIN WILL PAY OFF AT THE END.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• So I started studying for the NYSP test on Jan.19,2008 , Can anyone give me any good tips or tell like what type of questions they ask or what should I study from, so far I have "State Trooper exam" 14th edition. Anyone who took the 2004 tell me what the test was like, math, reading comprehension and so on???

Thanks in advance for any useful information.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              So I started studying for the NYSP test on Jan.19,2008 , Can anyone give me any good tips or tell like what type of questions they ask or what should I study from, so far I have "State Trooper exam" 14th edition. Anyone who took the 2004 tell me what the test was like, math, reading comprehension and so on???

Thanks in advance for any useful information.
              It was the same as any of the other police tests I took... memorization and reading comprehension. There really isn't any 'studying' for a CS police exam... just being observant of the pictures and do whatever you can to improve your reading comprehension. The whole idea behind CS tests is that ANYONE can take it and pass it provided a general education and common sense.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• i think the trooper test was the hardest i took....isn't there long division on there?

i don't remember really.....take a prep course, it'll help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  It was the same as any of the other police tests I took... memorization and reading comprehension. There really isn't any 'studying' for a CS police exam... just being observant of the pictures and do whatever you can to improve your reading comprehension. The whole idea behind CS tests is that ANYONE can take it and pass it provided a general education and common sense.
                  ooooo ok, because I have taken NYPD test which was a joke and scored a 100 on it, SCPD,SCPP, all of them were reading comprehension and memorization but someone told me that the NYSP was the hardest test they ever took and it had math in it, and I hate math.lol, so in other words I'm just trying to find out because I really want this as my career.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

ooooo ok, because I have taken NYPD test which was a joke and scored a 100 on it, SCPD,SCPP, all of them were reading comprehension and memorization but someone told me that the NYSP was the hardest test they ever took and it had math in it, and I hate math.lol, so in other words I'm just trying to find out because I really want this as my career.

The NYSP test has the typical reading comp, grammar, word meaning, memorization etc. but the the one I took in '04 had a good amount of math. It was basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. From what I remember, calculators were not allowed, so I would just brush up on the basic math skills. Most people do good on the non-mathematics parts being the answers are always right in front of you, but the math can throw you off because if you don't have the exact answer decimals, commas and all in the right places all the answers will be close. You might have answer choices like this for example: 38,6231 38,6232 38.6231 38.6232 When your pushed for time and came up with an answer close to these but not exact, which do you choose? Do you waste more time on it or move to the next question or problem. Sometimes you look fast at the answers and think a comma was needed but your thinking about the last math problem and this one you needed the answer with the decimal.

Personally I think those study guides are bad because alot of them are outdated even though they update the copyright dates. I had taken the SCPD years ago for the first time and bought a well known publisher's study guide only to find it was so outdated that there was nothing out of 100 questions that were related to what I read in the guide. I wound up scoring a 92% but may have done better if I was more focused on what was really on the test. Most of these tests are common sense and what you have learned since grade school. If you did alright in grade school and assuming you have taken college courses for the required credits, you will do fine. The math is where you should practice, especially if your not already confident in that area.

Hope this info helps and good luck on the test.
                    sigpic
                    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                      The NYSP test has the typical reading comp, grammar, word meaning, memorization etc. but the the one I took in '04 had a good amount of math. It was basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. From what I remember, calculators were not allowed, so I would just brush up on the basic math skills. Most people do good on the non-mathematics parts being the answers are always right in front of you, but the math can throw you off because if you don't have the exact answer decimals, commas and all in the right places all the answers will be close. You might have answer choices like this for example: 38,6231 38,6232 38.6231 38.6232 When your pushed for time and came up with an answer close to these but not exact, which do you choose? Do you waste more time on it or move to the next question or problem. Sometimes you look fast at the answers and think a comma was needed but your thinking about the last math problem and this one you needed the answer with the decimal.

Personally I think those study guides are bad because alot of them are outdated even though they update the copyright dates. I had taken the SCPD years ago for the first time and bought a well known publisher's study guide only to find it was so outdated that there was nothing out of 100 questions that were related to what I read in the guide. I wound up scoring a 92% but may have done better if I was more focused on what was really on the test. Most of these tests are common sense and what you have learned since grade school. If you did alright in grade school and assuming you have taken college courses for the required credits, you will do fine. The math is where you should practice, especially if your not already confident in that area.

Hope this info helps and good luck on the test.

Thank you very much, this was the type of answer I was looking for :-) thanks.
                      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Thank you very much, this was the type of answer I was looking for :-) thanks.

No problem. Glad to help.
                        sigpic
                        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• I have heard (not certain if it's true) that practice test question may appear on the website nytrooper.com

I'll look at it occasionally and let you know. I suggest you do the same.

Comment

I have heard (not certain if it's true) that practice test question may appear on the website nytrooper.com

I'll look at it occasionally and let you know. I suggest you do the same.

Yeaaaa I try printing it out but nothing was there, and it says if you can't print it or it doesn't show call your local recruiter and I can't never get in touch with him lol. that's why I turned to this website and a lot of you guys have been very helpfull especially you Slowdownthere and GrayState.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Yeaaaa I try printing it out but nothing was there,

Where on the website are practice questions?

I don't find any at all.

Comment

Where on the website are practice questions?

I don't find any at all.
                                I just looked and I can't find it, but there was a section that said for practice questions click here and when I clicked there was nothing there, I'm guessing they might have taken it down and going to post that section back up soon.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9198 users online. 456 members and 8742 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X