Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nysp201491 View Post
    That was a typo, I am actually rank 28xx. Sorry for any confusion
    No worries. Just thought that our rank # wasn't sacred anymore.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by All_ American View Post
      No worries. Just thought that our rank # wasn't sacred anymore.
      Definitely still sacred. Many people going to medical will not make it into the academy, and it's based on passing and your rank #.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
        Definitely still sacred. Many people going to medical will not make it into the academy, and it's based on passing and your rank #.
        Agreed. Pushing for everyone on here to get through.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
          Definitely still sacred. Many people going to medical will not make it into the academy, and it's based on passing and your rank #.

          Do many people fail medical? That's why they don't make it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
            Definitely still sacred. Many people going to medical will not make it into the academy, and it's based on passing and your rank #.
            and passing? you mean the medical or soemthing else

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
              and passing? you mean the medical or soemthing else
              Ya I Meant medical. I Imagine some people fail or else they wouldn't have it...?

              Comment


              • I guess I mean to say I hope no one gets DQ'D at this point. I figured with the amount of ppl processing and the fact that they have already reviewed our medical records, there is not much else to do other than a final check one month prior to the academy to make sure nothing has changed. If I was gonna get DQ'D because of my medical history, I hope they wouldnt make me drop 750 bucks to fly cross country to find out...

                Comment


                • After countless trips to Albany, it would be a killer to be dq'ed at this stage in the game. Esp if it's after the medical.

                  Comment


                  • anyone know what we can get medical dq for.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
                      anyone know what we can get medical dq for.
                      I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas. I have gone through this thread up and down and have yet to see anyone get medically dq.

                      Although I did see someone get DQd after the medical, but they didn't know why. Im praying being a current cop and military reservist means I can perform full and strenous duty by NYSP standards...

                      Comment


                      • I am guessing that they are going to perform a typical physical on us to determine if we are physically healthy- make sure our arms and legs have a full range of motion, check our teeth to make sure they are healthy and not rotting, make sure we practice good hygiene, then possibly do blood tests. They'll also look at our past medical history and if you have had issues in the past they will ask you about them and focus on those areas of the body (like broken bones). The paper also says they want to make sure we are mentally healthy. So they'll probably ask us simple questions like what we were asked during our background investigation. As soon as the bloods come back (that's if they do bloods) they can make their decision and send us our letters. I am guessing they do blood tests though, otherwise they would be able to make the decision on the spot.

                        This is just me making an educated guess.

                        Whitty- what kind of medical did you do when you first became a cop? I am sure the process is quite similar.

                        Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                        I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas. I have gone through this thread up and down and have yet to see anyone get medically dq.

                        Although I did see someone get DQd after the medical, but they didn't know why. Im praying being a current cop and military reservist means I can perform full and strenous duty by NYSP standards...

                        Comment


                        • no blood test will be given, I had private messaged shark and asked him.

                          Comment


                          • http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/Respir.pdf

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                              I am guessing that they are going to perform a typical physical on us to determine if we are physically healthy- make sure our arms and legs have a full range of motion, check our teeth to make sure they are healthy and not rotting, make sure we practice good hygiene, then possibly do blood tests. They'll also look at our past medical history and if you have had issues in the past they will ask you about them and focus on those areas of the body (like broken bones). The paper also says they want to make sure we are mentally healthy. So they'll probably ask us simple questions like what we were asked during our background investigation. As soon as the bloods come back (that's if they do bloods) they can make their decision and send us our letters. I am guessing they do blood tests though, otherwise they would be able to make the decision on the spot.

                              This is just me making an educated guess.

                              Whitty- what kind of medical did you do when you first became a cop? I am sure the process is quite similar.
                              My medical exam took an hour + at my current dept. Full blood test, etc. If they did that, they would have to start medical now and work continuously until the actual med exam. I highly doubt they do a blood test personally. I think the time lapse is purely the time it takes for the Drs. Approval to make it on to paper and to the applicants. They would have to be extremely proficient to do several hundred blood draws and tests in a couple of hours. By the average amount of people invited to these things, im guessing a blood draw every 2-5 minutes. Just does not seem feasible. Plus I imagine they would have done that when they were shaving our legs That's just my two cents. I kinda think it will be everything cob said without the blood.

                              Comment


                              • Did he tell you what to expect that is out of the ordinary?

                                Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
                                no blood test will be given, I had private messaged shark and asked him.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9905 users online. 491 members and 9414 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X