Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Orion31 View Post
    I received my medical invite today
    Im from queens, list # 33xx reporting at 10:30am. So cs288515 im thinking you should receive yours within the next couple of days being that your from long island.
    Last edited by Orion31; 01-16-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Patiently waiting. I did not see a list of vocabulary words from processing weekend. Would someone be kind enough to send me a picture of it. Thank you so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
        I have a question for someone who has gone through the academy. Do we have to have steel toe oxfords? Are steel toe allowed?

Thank you!
        Why would you want steel toed oxfords, planning on kicking stuff?

You know we don't patrol in oxford shoes right?

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
          I have a question for someone who has gone through the academy. Do we have to have steel toe oxfords? Are steel toe allowed?

Thank you!
          Steel-toed shoes are not required, and I would not recommend them. With the invitation will come a list of what to bring. Read it carefully and follow it.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Gray State, do still have the list of things to bring to the Academy, the one I used to post prior to each new class?

Comment

• Slowdownthere - long time no see. Glad to see your back. And I think that between you and a couple other troopers on here - with your "helpful lists" I'm gonna stick to the list they send me in the mail.
              Last edited by Whitty; 01-17-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                Slowdownthere - long time no see. Glad to see your back. And I think that between you and a couple other troopers on here - with your "helpful lists" I'm gonna stick to the list they send me in the mail.
                That's probably a good idea. But I had a lot of fun putting the list together.

BTW, I retired in May. While I loved the job, retirement has been great.

Comment

• Here we go
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Whitty; 01-17-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    Gray State, do still have the list of things to bring to the Academy, the one I used to post prior to each new class?
                    Things have changed a bit over the years. No need to bring a mini-fridge anymore since the rooms ought to all be equipped now. You can just show up with your deli meats, milk, and guacamole
                    Last edited by GrayState; 01-17-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• On an unrelated note - What's everyone wearing to the medical? It specifically said no suits...so I was thinking slacks, dress shirt and tie. Still too "business" than casual?

Comment

• Just slacks and a button down for me.

Comment

• I usually try to air on the side of caution and over dress. I was 1 of 5 out of 300 or so people at the test in a suit. But they specifically say in the letter no suits...so I though I'd take a poll of the folks on here. Makes my cross country flight easier without a garment bag...

Comment

• I figure they don't want suits or ties for the convince of moving guys in and out of seeing the doctor and fitting uniforms. To take ties off and then have people retie them might slow down the process. But idk that's just my guess

Comment

• Thank you so much to everyone who responded about the steel toe shoes. I bought steel toe a week or so ago because they didn't have another option at the store, and I wanted to start breaking them in before the academy. It hasn't been 30 days so I can return them, thankfully.

Also, a bunch of people messaged me about the lists. I need you to send me your email address. I don't know how to post pictures on here.

Comment

• Figured it out never mind about the emails
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by c_ob; 01-17-2015, 10:43 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7594 users online. 407 members and 7187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X