Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know for sure when you don't pass your situps at the medical what happens? My buddy that got the 39 and not 40 is getting paranoid because he keeps hearing so many different things but mainley believes what the captain said about just being informed that the physical aspect is a big part of the academy but it doesn't count him out for being in the next class.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
      Does anyone know for sure when you don't pass your situps at the medical what happens?
      If it is determined that he did 39, and not 40, then he didn't pass and will be DQ'd. The standard is the standard. What's the point of having a standard if it is flexible? It would be like telling people to show up in good shape? What does that mean?

On the other hand, it may be determined that he did 40 or more. It depends on what the officials present determined, not how close to the standard he came.
      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• SDT,

First of all I would like to thank you and the rest of the troopers who take the time to help all of us on this forum through the process of becoming a New York State Trooper. I posted in another forum but I figured more troopers read this one.

At the time of the last test in Feb 2004 I was in high school and was not of age to take the test. Since then I am able to take it and signed up on the first day. Currently, I am processing with the New York State Park Police with only the Background Investigation and Polygraph pending. Pending the approval of my background and entrance into the academy would I have to attend the troopers academy as well, if I passed the NYSPP? Not that I would mind that, because it would only make me more knowledgeable.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hey Future, you are welcome. I'm glad that you find it helpful.

Good luck with the Park Police, and while it would be a pain to go through 2 academies, I think you would be making a good decision to do so.

Comment

Does anyone know for sure when you don't pass your situps at the medical what happens? My buddy that got the 39 and not 40 is getting paranoid because he keeps hearing so many different things but mainley believes what the captain said about just being informed that the physical aspect is a big part of the academy but it doesn't count him out for being in the next class.
            While I did not see anyone fail, I saw a couple of people struggle with the situps and the pushups. They were told right in the gym that they needed to work on the situps and pushups because "you will be doing alot more them in the academy on a daily basis."

Comment

Does anyone know for sure when you don't pass your situps at the medical what happens? but it doesn't count him out for being in the next class.
              I can't say for sure but when I went through the medical people were not DQ for being unable to meet the minimum requirements. They were simply advised to try harder in the particular area.

I believe your friend should be just fine.

Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
              SDT,

would I have to attend the troopers academy as well, if I passed the NYSPP? Not that I would mind that, because it would only make me more knowledgeable.
              Unfortunately you would have to attend both academies.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                My class had a guy graduate Parks on Friday and start our class on Monday. Thats a long 12 months, plus the Parks academy is no joke, much smaller classes and they are probably trying to show up the troopers
                Last edited by WishIKnew; 07-02-2007, 02:35 PM. Reason: 1

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                  Hey Future, you are welcome. I'm glad that you find it helpful.

Good luck with the Park Police, and while it would be a pain to go through 2 academies, I think you would be making a good decision to do so.
                  Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post

Originally posted by WishIKnew View Post
                  Unfortunately you would have to attend both academies. My class had a guy graduate Parks on Friday and start our class on Monday. Thats a long 12 months, plus the Parks academy is no joke, much smaller classes and they are probably trying to show up the troopers

After being an Explorer for 4 years I practically lived at the academy every other tuesday. I can't wait. Hopefully I make it through the tough State Parks Academy (At fingerprinting I accidentally touched one of the officers with a clean hand and he said "Don't ever touch me" and pulled out his collapsable baton and asked where I wanted to be hit. I thought he was kidding and another officer told me he wasn't and to wipe the stupid smerk off my face) and then have to jump right in to the tough State Police Academy. It'll make for one long year but it will be well worth it in the end.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
                    At fingerprinting I accidentally touched one of the officers with a clean hand and he said "Don't ever touch me" and pulled out his collapsable baton and asked where I wanted to be hit. I thought he was kidding and another officer told me he wasn't and to wipe the stupid smerk off my face.
                    Ah the way policing should still be done... I wish I was 20 years older... I could have lived some of the stories the now retired guys told, even if some were slightly embellished... attitude adjustments are a needed tool in LE if you expect to command respect from some people. Oh yeah, I could be retired by now too
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
                      At fingerprinting I accidentally touched one of the officers with a clean hand and he said "Don't ever touch me" and pulled out his collapsable baton and asked where I wanted to be hit. I thought he was kidding.
                      Pssst......

He was kidding, but keep it to yourself.

Comment

Pssst......

yeah.....i was gonna ask.......so did he hit you?

you shoulda said "in the face"

Comment

• Hey, maybe this is the reason that only some troopers are allowed to carry the collapsabale batons.
                          sigpic
                          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                            Hey, maybe this is the reason that only some troopers are allowed to carry the collapsabale batons.
                            Harry Callahan believed in attitude adjustments for those who could not be reached though normal conversation.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Pssst......

I figured he was kidding but you never know when your not a LEO and all you want to do is give them all the respect in the world. I smiled at him because I knew he was kidding and I don't think he liked that. He was an FTO so he must have been a good guy.

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                              yeah.....i was gonna ask.......so did he hit you?

you shoulda said "in the face"
                              Peebody, that's what one of my friends said at work and I told him if I wanted to have a really tough road to the academy I would have said that, but I knew he was only kidding so...

Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                              Hey, maybe this is the reason that only some troopers are allowed to carry the collapsabale batons.
                              I thought we established that no troopers are issued ASP's

Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              Harry Callahan believed in attitude adjustments for those who could not be reached though normal conversation.
                              Very true, very true
                              sigpic

Comment

• Go ahead... make my day!
                                sigpic
                                IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9467 users online. 475 members and 8992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X