Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also wanted to remind everyone to study the list of vocabulary words that was given to us the Sunday of processing.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
      I also wanted to remind everyone to study the list of vocabulary words that was given to us the Sunday of processing.
      I don't have a list of vocabulary words, i did not go through this last processing i was in the first group and i did not receive a list so any light you shed on this would be appreciated. Thank You

Comment

• Originally posted by wnybills10 View Post
        I don't have a list of vocabulary words, i did not go through this last processing i was in the first group and i did not receive a list so any light you shed on this would be appreciated. Thank You
        It's just a list of police related terms. We got it during the first processing as well. If you graduated HS you should be fine...it's terms like apprehend, arrest, etc.

Comment

• I have no police experience so there were some words I didn't know. Most of them are simple words like "caucasian, potential, poison" but some I have never heard before. If you want I can email you a picture of the list.

Originally posted by wnybills10 View Post

Comment

I have a question for someone who has gone through the academy. Do we have to have steel toe oxfords? Are steel toe allowed?

Thank you!
            I would stay away from steel toe. We don't use them in police work. I don't know a single cop who does - no real reason and they are heavier during a foot chase...Though the troopers are probably different, some police depts are going the opposite direction - more towards shorter and lighter boots or ditching boots all together for black athletic shoes... (not a fan myself - but I'm old school)

Comment

I have no police experience so there were some words I didn't know. Most of them are simple words like "caucasian, potential, poison" but some I have never heard before. If you want I can email you a picture of the list.
              I personally thought it was bizarre to give a vocabulary list. If you need to know a word, you will figure it out during the academy. Weird...

Comment

• Yeah i was in that first processing but i was out pretty quick i must have somehow missed receiving that list. But if its basic police terminology then it should not be that difficult. I also find it strange they would give a list maybe its a pop quiz we will get
                the first day and the people who pass will get a pizza party

Comment

• Anyone know how soon after the medical we will find out if we get accepted since February is the shortest month.

Comment

I have no police experience so there were some words I didn't know. Most of them are simple words like "caucasian, potential, poison" but some I have never heard before. If you want I can email you a picture of the list.
                    Please do.
                    Thank you

Comment

• Orion31,

Tried to send you a PM but must be you don't have yours turned on. I was just curious if you have received anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
                        Orion31,

Tried to send you a PM but must be you don't have yours turned on. I was just curious if you have received anything?

I received my medical invite today

Comment

• Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
                          Anyone know how soon after the medical we will find out if we get accepted since February is the shortest month.
                          Im hoping before the 14th. I've heard "two weeks".

Comment

• Originally posted by Orion31 View Post
                            I received my medical invite today
                            At least I will know someone else from queens is there now. Lol. What rank and time do you come in for medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by wnybills10 View Post
                              Yeah i was in that first processing but i was out pretty quick i must have somehow missed receiving that list. But if its basic police terminology then it should not be that difficult. I also find it strange they would give a list maybe its a pop quiz we will get
                              the first day and the people who pass will get a pizza party

It says it the packet with the words we will be tested on spelling and vocabulary during academic orientation

Comment

• Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
                                Orion31,

Did you get your medical letter man?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6519 users online. 285 members and 6234 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X