Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad we really don't know how the Committee picks which candidate gets a slot and which doesn't.

Comment

• I'm just blessed I made it this far already and got a medical letter. Even though I could still get DQ.

Comment

• All of us blessed to get this far should show how great out potential is. No matter how great our education or work experience or just what type of person we are. If I had to be a part of the committee, I wouldn't disqualify any person who made it this far. There may be more candidates than slots, but more positions will open up in the future. I wouldn't want to DQ someone who made it through the medical, to much man power and money went into each and everyone of us just to DQ us. I hope all of us make it into the next class, but even if they don't reach our number right away they will get to us sooner or later.

Comment

• Agreed, I am looking forward to working with everyone here, everyone has a special skill they can teach others, wide range of ages here

Comment

• Fredenburg1,

Its funny you should mention it. I have a bachelors degree in Sociology from the University At Albany with a minor in Criminal Justice. I also have my masters degree in criminal justice from John Jay College of Criminal Justice. I have also done 4 years of active duty in the military where and have become a combat veteran, two deployments OEF and OIF. I have also been sprayed OC sprayed just like you in the Middle East when I went through the security academy. I have also stood many armed watches in Middle Eastern countries. I know college is not all the state police are looking for but I have a fair amount of work and real life experience as well.

Comment

• Wow you guys have a lot of experience with the military and everything else. Im surprised I even made it this far since all I have is a college degree.

Comment

• By the looks of it, you don't have much to worry about. You have the education and the life experience they should be looking for. At the end of the day as long as you pass the medical examinations all you have to worry about is where the troopers are on the list to hire.

Comment

• Military experience is great, education is great, real life experience is great.. But like we all stated before is they hire on an individual basis and just because a person lacks one of these experiences doesn't mean your chances are at risk. Think about how many other candidates got in without some of the things we all talked about. Just be confident and stay focused on becoming a trooper and it will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
                    Wow you guys have a lot of experience with the military and everything else. Im surprised I even made it this far since all I have is a college degree.
                    I'm right there with you. All I have is a bachelors, but since I'm an old man I can bring some solid work experience. Besides, NYSP needs to keep their force diverse.

Comment

• How old are you?

Comment

• Yeah i don't want someone to be older then me lol

Comment

• 30. It's not terribly old, but from what it seems like, most are early to mid 20s.

Comment

• Ok i feel better then still got you by a few years lol

Comment

• Dont feel bad, I will be turning 29 in a few months.

Comment

• Dont worry ill be turning 34 in a couple months myself

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11351 users online. 407 members and 10944 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X