300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeP924 View Post
    What exam are they up to for hiring process?
    If by exam you mean list number, it's around 3600. If you actually mean exam number you are probably referring to the NYPD exams, in which case you're on the wrong thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by All_ American View Post
      If by exam you mean list number, it's around 3600. If you actually mean exam number you are probably referring to the NYPD exams, in which case you're on the wrong thread.
      Sorry meant list #, thank you for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• 20 more days until the medical. Then the real wait game begins

Comment

• Lol. You're right. We think we have it bad now.

Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
          20 more days until the medical. Then the real wait game begins

Comment

• I was checking comments from the last academy, they had their medical on june 28th and most of the people commented they got their acceptance letter around Jul 12 for people that live near Albany and July 14-16 for people that dont live close to Albany. However if they plan on only giving us a 2 week notice we should be getting our acceptance letter during Feb 9-14

Comment

• Does anyone have an idea on what are the basis for medical disqualification?

Comment

• I was just about to ask that question.

Whitty should have an idea, since hes already a cop

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                  I was just about to ask that question.

Whitty should have an idea, since hes already a cop
                  I wish I knew...I keep telling myself since I'm a cop and active military reserve that I should be fine....but I have no idea....I would imagine any ailments that keep you from performing full and strenuous duty (ie. Limitations on movement, broken bones, high blood pressure, etc) but that's my best educated guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
                    I had asked that same question when I finally got my bachelors, all you need is 60 credits for the job, so that doesnt really help at this point.
                    Minimum requirements are just that, minimums to move onto the next point. Past that, people are evaluated as a whole person and on everything they have done. Showing that you have completed a masters degree would make someone look like a responsible, hard working person. It could potentially offset something else in their background that is negative, but not an automatic disqualification. Of course, if hiring has decided they are good enough already, it won't help. To tell them not to without knowing that information though would be a mistake.

Comment

• I hope you eventually become a detective because you're so good at this stuff

Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                      I was checking comments from the last academy, they had their medical on june 28th and most of the people commented they got their acceptance letter around Jul 12 for people that live near Albany and July 14-16 for people that dont live close to Albany. However if they plan on only giving us a 2 week notice we should be getting our acceptance letter during Feb 9-14

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                        Minimum requirements are just that, minimums to move onto the next point. Past that, people are evaluated as a whole person and on everything they have done. Showing that you have completed a masters degree would make someone look like a responsible, hard working person. It could potentially offset something else in their background that is negative, but not an automatic disqualification. Of course, if hiring has decided they are good enough already, it won't help. To tell them not to without knowing that information though would be a mistake.
                        Good point, sir

Comment

• Feb is the shortest month, I am praying we find out real soon after the medical, I hope they at least give us 2 weeks notice
                          Last edited by Eriecounty250; 01-11-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• GrayState,

Thank you so much for the reliable information. I could never understand how people think that someone with the bare minimum 60 college credits would be looked at the same as an applicant with a masters. I am aware that there are minimum qualifications just to move through the process but, when it comes to looking at potential applicants as a whole it seems like the state police would want the people with the most qualifications over those who strive for just the minimum.

Comment

• Although the more college credits the better, do not count out work experience. I myself am just shy of having a associates degree, but also have 4 years military experience. In my active 4 years I have had the opportunity in dealing with riot control, escalation of force, martial arts, I've been oc sprayed (stronger than average pepper spray, and I've been tased (also trained in how to tase and mace people). I wish I had enough time to further my degree, but all of this processing happened so fast. So all thought you so have more education experience than me, I may have more "on the job experience". I think both aspects plays a role in further selection. Also I think they may look deeper into what type of degree you have. If a person has a masters in business and another has a bachelors in sociology, the bachelors may mean more to the board than a masters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredenburg1 View Post
                                Although the more college credits the better, do not count out work experience. I myself am just shy of having a associates degree, but also have 4 years military experience. In my active 4 years I have had the opportunity in dealing with riot control, escalation of force, martial arts, I've been oc sprayed (stronger than average pepper spray, and I've been tased (also trained in how to tase and mace people). I wish I had enough time to further my degree, but all of this processing happened so fast. So all thought you so have more education experience than me, I may have more "on the job experience". I think both aspects plays a role in further selection. Also I think they may look deeper into what type of degree you have. If a person has a masters in business and another has a bachelors in sociology, the bachelors may mean more to the board than a masters.
                                In my opinion, I believe that an associate degree with a flawless background (no tickets, excellent references) has more weight than master degree with a little ding on the background.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8311 users online. 373 members and 7938 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X