300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
    Is this forum the primary avenue for "off the record" posting and discussions regarding the NYSP exam? It appears that there are a lot of current police officers on these threads with pertinent information. However.....
    Short answer? You're being a brat.

Long answer? What do you want -- some kind of calendar of what your investigator is doing and where along the process you're in? You might not know this, but there aren't full time recruit background check investigators at the NYSP. The investigator that has to trudge through your life's boring history is a full time regular investigator that has a dozen of robberies, assaults, carjackings, etc that's simultaneously on his/her plate.

And quite simply, Division will tell you what you need to know and very little else. If you plan on joining the NYSP, get used to it. Being a State Trooper means you get very little supervision and very little direction.

Are you seriously pained by the feelings of anxiety of not knowing where you are along the process? If that upsets you, 6 months of Academy life isn't for you. I'm cringing just reading the line where you ask about what you "deserve". You have no idea the sacrifices people make to get on this job, most of my class drove 3-6 hours every Friday night and then on Sunday night for 26 weeks just to go to the Academy. And yes, you'll count down every single week. Plenty more have to relocate across the state right out of the Academy. You live in Westchester, NYC, LI, Buffalo, Albany? Guess what -- you won't be working anywhere near there for years.

I could go on. But needlesstosay, there are more than enough candidates that are willing to put up with little to no updates. Again, lest you forget, you deserve nothing. You can quit the process at any time.

I'd like to remind you, plenty of people in the State Police know about this thread. All the people at the Academy do. Do not make the mistake of thinking it's some "off the record" secret forum.
    Last edited by jaguarshark; 01-09-2015, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
      Short answer? You're being a brat.

Long answer? What do you want -- some kind of calendar of what your investigator is doing and where along the process you're in? You might not know this, but there aren't full time recruit background check investigators at the NYSP. The investigator that has to trudge through your life's boring history is a full time regular investigator that has a dozen of robberies, assaults, carjackings, etc that's simultaneously on his/her plate.

And quite simply, Division will tell you what you need to know and very little else. If you plan on joining the NYSP, get used to it. Being a State Trooper means you get very little supervision and very little direction.

Are you seriously pained by the feelings of anxiety of not knowing where you are along the process? If that upsets you, 6 months of Academy life isn't for you. I'm cringing just reading the line where you ask about what you "deserve". You have no idea the sacrifices people make to get on this job, most of my class drove 3-6 hours every Friday night and then on Sunday night for 26 weeks just to go to the Academy. And yes, you'll count down every single week. Plenty more have to relocate across the state right out of the Academy. You live in Westchester, NYC, LI, Buffalo, Albany? Guess what -- you won't be working anywhere near there for years.

I could go on. But needlesstosay, there are more than enough candidates that are willing to put up with little to no updates. Again, lest you forget, you deserve nothing. You can quit the process at any time.

I'd like to remind you, plenty of people in the State Police know about this thread. All the people at the Academy do. Do not make the mistake of thinking it's some "off the record" secret forum.
      Apparently my approach was too nice

Comment

• Scar.jpg

@UggyPreston - make sure a career in LE is what you are looking for. You will never know the true sacrifice until you have seen one of your brothers fallen. Until then, you will miss holidays, birthdays, and many of the important events in life that you will never get back. The job is thankless at times, seeing dead babies, dead bodies, horrific traffic accidents, etc. With this being said, its one of the greatest things I have ever been apart of, and I enjoy every day of it. Realize though that the little annoyances like waiting to get through the process is the first of many frustrations as the Trooper above as pointed out. But there is nothing like it - period.

Mostly because I am up to late and way too tired - I attached a picture of my surgery I got to enjoy having as a result of my attempts to be one of the few to don the Gray and Purple. While you may have spent $30.00 bucks on a police exam, I am guessing you haven't had your tattoo (which you got for one of your fallen Marines) cut / scalped off your forearm (hopefully the picture shows up). Im guessing you haven't spent over $5,000 (ya...5k) in traveling between Colorado and NY for the hiring process. Im guessing you didn't just accept an offer on your $255,000 house to move your family from CO to NY on 10-14 days notice. But I digress...Ultimately - be thankful for where you are at - and keep your eyes on the target. Best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]12569[/ATTACH]

@UggyPreston - make sure a career in LE is what you are looking for. You will never know the true sacrifice until you have seen one of your brothers fallen. Until then, you will miss holidays, birthdays, and many of the important events in life that you will never get back. The job is thankless at times, seeing dead babies, dead bodies, horrific traffic accidents, etc. With this being said, its one of the greatest things I have ever been apart of, and I enjoy every day of it. Realize though that the little annoyances like waiting to get through the process is the first of many frustrations as the Trooper above as pointed out. But there is nothing like it - period.

Mostly because I am up to late and way too tired - I attached a picture of my surgery I got to enjoy having as a result of my attempts to be one of the few to don the Gray and Purple. While you may have spent $30.00 bucks on a police exam, I am guessing you haven't had your tattoo (which you got for one of your fallen Marines) cut / scalped off your forearm (hopefully the picture shows up). Im guessing you haven't spent over $5,000 (ya...5k) in traveling between Colorado and NY for the hiring process. Im guessing you didn't just accept an offer on your $255,000 house to move your family from CO to NY on 10-14 days notice. But I digress...Ultimately - be thankful for where you are at - and keep your eyes on the target. Best of luck.

I was referring to the hiring process outside of being processed. It seemed they did well with letting us know the ranks they were canvassing but that was last updated in September and the budget was passed so I'd assume they'd let us know when they are looking at a next wave of candidates.

You took my post a little personal there buddy. I didn't need the whole sacrifice speech. Tough skin is needed for police.

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
            I was referring to the hiring process outside of being processed. It seemed they did well with letting us know the ranks they were canvassing but that was last updated in September and the budget was passed so I'd assume they'd let us know when they are looking at a next wave of candidates.

You took my post a little personal there buddy. I didn't need the whole sacrifice speech. Tough skin is needed for police.
            Trust me - I've got tough skin. But I definitely don't have to prove it to a wanna be. Just wanted you to see that some of us have skin in the game (pun intended) just to be here - more of an investment then you have put into the process, and you sound like a whiney little bi!ch, but a Trooper already told you that so I digress. That was actually me being nice....I'll admit im not very good at it . Good luck - hope your not covering me on any calls...

I had to come back and add something I overlooked. Your right. I do take it "personally." I've seen several of my brother buried while on the job. I'm both proud and defensive of it - and I take it personally.
            Last edited by Whitty; 01-09-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Man I'm in a good mood and haven't even eaten my Wheaties yet. In an attempt to move past the "Daddy just hit mommy" feeling in the room - Hope you guys who are still hanging out there get your letters today.

Comment

• Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a copy of your student transcript (with a past due balance owed)? ASAP

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPCandidate2013 View Post
                  Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a copy of your student transcript (with a past due balance owed)? ASAP
                  You cant. I don't know of any school who will release an official copy with an overdue balance. Its the only way they can kinda ensure they eventually will get paid. How about pay your bill and get the transcript

Also - your background investigator is not gonna like that you can't get it for that reason - especially if that has hit your credit report....

Comment

• after a certain time the school would send the due bill to a collection agency as well.

Comment

• Actually my background investigator went out her way attempting to get it as well. She stated it wasn't a major issue. It has not hit my credit report... Im on a payment plan.

Comment

• Not if you're on a payment plan they wont.

Comment

• Any other ideas?

Comment

• I guess I'm confused. Is it a payment plan that is past due?

Comment

• You can try to get an unofficial online through their Web portal or whatever. Otherwise if they wont release it to a Trooper - your probably screwed. Maybe a search warrant

Comment

• No, there is an outstanding balance which is on a payment plan. They wont release it unless I pay in full. Is there anyway around it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7951 users online. 391 members and 7560 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X