Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone that hasnt got a Med letter yet, is there any reason why they wouldnt pick you? like driving record? credit record?

Comment

• How important is credit report? I have a lot of expenses on my report which I pay on time, but I would be taking a pay cut to join the NYSP and I'm worried with my current mortgage, car payment, and various other obligations it would make me look foolish to take a $60k job when I make much more than that now. I can easily defend this with proof of my hefty savings account but I am fearful that they won't let me get to that point but rather just disqualify me. It seems they owe us no explanation.

Comment

• if you pay everything on time then your fine, now if your credit said something like hasnt been paying loans on time or had to be deal with a collection agency then you have a problem. But the way you put it, you sound like you have a good credit and you pay everything on time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
          How important is credit report? I have a lot of expenses on my report which I pay on time, but I would be taking a pay cut to join the NYSP and I'm worried with my current mortgage, car payment, and various other obligations it would make me look foolish to take a $60k job when I make much more than that now. I can easily defend this with proof of my hefty savings account but I am fearful that they won't let me get to that point but rather just disqualify me. It seems they owe us no explanation.
          Bad credit it probably they easiest way to get DQ'd. And its a 60k job to start, making 85-100k after four years - and if you stay 20 years you get 50% of your pay for the rest of your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
            Bad credit it probably they easiest way to get DQ'd. And its a 60k job to start, making 85-100k after four years - and if you stay 20 years you get 50% of your pay for the rest of your life.
            Which is the reason I am hoping to join the force. Plus I'd be third generation police so I'd like to say it's in my blood. I currently own an electrical service business with a partner so I have a backup plan for those 3 days off as well as adding to the generous retirement package.

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
              Is this forum the primary avenue for "off the record" posting and discussions regarding the NYSP exam? It appears that there are a lot of current police officers on these threads with pertinent information. However, does anyone else find it a little disconcerting that we take the time to take an exam that we pay for but yet are left in the wind with updates? I understand the NYSP is busy, but do they not have dedicated sergeants and officers that work in recruiting? To tell to us to continuously check the website for updates to only to see postings regarding September 6th and 7th but yet it appears on here from other people's responses that they've come much further. Am I just being a brat or don't we deserve a little more updates from the NYSP? I mean after all they are judging us on our responsibilities........
              Call member hiring and ask for the Colonel, he'll let you know what's up. :/

Comment

• If you guys are worried about taking a pay cut I suggest that you use google. If you google nysp salary for 2009, a site show every single troopers salary vs how much they actually made. One of my professors was still a trooper at the time so I decided to search his name. His base salary was 117k as a lieutenant but he ultimately made 145k that year. This is due to over time, holiday pay and other things that the state police will pay you to do. So I then searched what a lower ranked official made that year and was very surprised. Another trooper with the same last name, base salary was 81k and he ultimately made 136k. This should be a boost of confidence for you all worried about taking a pay cut. This is actually the link to the webpage.. http://rocdocs.democratandchronicle....y-state-police

Comment

• My credit report was fairly good all of my loans & credit cards are current. I did have a few delinquent payments but nothing beyond 5 days due to my jobs pay days being the 15th and 30th. As for the letter another day and no response again I am ranked 31xx

Comment

• Anyone near the 3xxx rank range still have no response?

Comment

• Originally posted by jburgos7 View Post
                      My credit report was fairly good all of my loans & credit cards are current. I did have a few delinquent payments but nothing beyond 5 days due to my jobs pay days being the 15th and 30th. As for the letter another day and no response again I am ranked 31xx
                      Anything more than one or two late payments (a pattern) will most probably result in a DQ. Hopefully that's not the case with you...

Comment

• Myself have college loan out but my investigator had to call the agency to make sure it was deferred since the time he called I was still in school.

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                          Myself have college loan out but my investigator had to call the agency to make sure it was deferred since the time he called I was still in school.
                          Having loans is not a bad thing. Being delinquent in paying them is.

Comment

• Yup. Thank God I have a 6 month grace period I already start paying for them tho

Comment

• So sorry to hear that, man. Did they say you can apply in the future? The next test is 2017 so keep your head up.

Originally posted by msphill View Post
                              I received my letter today. It was dated the 6th. I've been DQ'd. Good luck to all of you.

Comment

• @whitty I wouldn't consider it a pattern it was over a year ago and was corrected. I was on the phone where the rep said I excercised my grace period during that time. If its the end of the line for that then I can't say it hasn't been interesting. All of my other bill payments on the other hand have been flawless, not that I enjoy them lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9428 users online. 486 members and 8942 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X