300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
    I just bought my black oxford shoes from Red Wing. They're pretty comfortable, so far. I believe we spend most of our time in them, other than when we are doing PT.

Re funds- you pay for food weekly and it has to be a money order that you bring in every monday. And you have to pay for all of your PT gear- clothes, water bottle, etc. AND you have to show up with a gray hoodie and gray sweatpants. So if funds are low you should start looking online now to see where the deals are.

Whitty-- why did you write "fitting" in quotes? You're scaring me.
    I heard there is all kinds of bending over and coughing. And earlier in this thread they mention bringing an ample amount of lube. Just saying...
    Last edited by Whitty; 01-07-2015, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• If you are really hard up you can stay at the red carpet inn its like $50 a night its a dump but i stayed there last time by accident i thought it was a red roof. On the plus side no bed bugs and real close to the head quarters but it is a dump

Comment

• Hi All,

This thread had been incredibly helpful (Also caused a bit of anxiety) and I want to extend that help any way I possibly could, so here goes. My investigator wrapped up my background early November and gave me a call at the end of November stating that it was submitted. He went on to let me know that he hasn't been given any feedback about needing more info. This is just speculation, but it's possible member hiring gives the packet a once over to ensure ALL documents are included before they sit down and decide your future with the NYSP.

Msphill- I'm from the city and my rank is also 24xx and I received my medical invite letter Monday. I hope this helps you get an idea of where you are in the process.

Whitty- I also think it would be a great idea to get together Friday night because like you said, we'll be stuck together for 26 weeks and it definitely won't hurt to know a few people.

Comment

• I will be driving in from Buffalo on the 30th and staying at the Ramada Plaza on Watervliet Ave. I think it was about $90 for the night and includes a nice breakfast buffet for Saturday morning.
          Last edited by Nysp201491; 01-21-2015, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• I received my letter today. It was dated the 6th. I've been DQ'd. Good luck to all of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by msphill View Post
              I received my letter today. It was dated the 6th. I've been DQ'd. Good luck to all of you.
              Sorry to hear. Good luck in your future endeavors. Don't give up if you want a career in LE, it's a great profession. Just as a little bit of encouragement...I'm a current cop, and got DQ'D by PSP, yet made it through the NYSP process. It's a crapshoot. Don't give up if it's what you want.

Comment

• Is this forum the primary avenue for "off the record" posting and discussions regarding the NYSP exam? It appears that there are a lot of current police officers on these threads with pertinent information. However, does anyone else find it a little disconcerting that we take the time to take an exam that we pay for but yet are left in the wind with updates? I understand the NYSP is busy, but do they not have dedicated sergeants and officers that work in recruiting? To tell to us to continuously check the website for updates to only to see postings regarding September 6th and 7th but yet it appears on here from other people's responses that they've come much further. Am I just being a brat or don't we deserve a little more updates from the NYSP? I mean after all they are judging us on our responsibilities........

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                  Is this forum the primary avenue for "off the record" posting and discussions regarding the NYSP exam? It appears that there are a lot of current police officers on these threads with pertinent information. However, does anyone else find it a little disconcerting that we take the time to take an exam that we pay for but yet are left in the wind with updates? I understand the NYSP is busy, but do they not have dedicated sergeants and officers that work in recruiting? To tell to us to continuously check the website for updates to only to see postings regarding September 6th and 7th but yet it appears on here from other people's responses that they've come much further. Am I just being a brat or don't we deserve a little more updates from the NYSP? I mean after all they are judging us on our responsibilities........
                  Well you are updated as you progress through the process. We would all like more info but this is how the process works. With NYSP having a four year list, some people may not hear for years for updates. Basically, if you have not been updated, there are no updates...

Comment

• msphill,

Any idea why you may have gotten a DQ letter? Just curious because if I remember correctly you said you have a masters degree.

Comment

• Looking at how things panned out last week, and how they seem to be working themselves this week, it seems to me that DQ letters were mailed out last Tuesday, and this Tuesday, with people receiving them today. So I am assuming that they are going to be mailing out more med invites tomorrow…maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                        Looking at how things panned out last week, and how they seem to be working themselves this week, it seems to me that DQ letters were mailed out last Tuesday, and this Tuesday, with people receiving them today. So I am assuming that they are going to be mailing out more med invites tomorrow…maybe
                        You still waiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                          You still waiting?
                          As patiently, as possible. You have no idea how much I did not want a letter today, after wanting one Saturday through Wednesday. Hoping I get something Saturday or Monday. My background was not turned in until the 20th of November, so I am hoping that I am just at the end of the evaluations and getting my med invite soon…hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                            As patiently, as possible. You have no idea how much I did not want a letter today, after wanting one Saturday through Wednesday. Hoping I get something Saturday or Monday. My background was not turned in until the 20th of November, so I am hoping that I am just at the end of the evaluations and getting my med invite soon…hopefully.
                            Sending good thoughts your way.

Comment

• I too was near the end of November.

Comment

• my friend also got a DQ letter. I went to college with him, hes kind of down but hes not giving up. I asked him if any reason why he got dq he said it could have been for his speeding tickets but last one he got was 3 years ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8508 users online. 247 members and 8261 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X