Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I am new to this forum but been looking at all the comments everyone writes. I have got the med invite and looking forward to seeing all of you. I dont think they send out med invite my rank or name. My last name starts with S

Comment

• I know mine was still active right up to about the deadline, my investigator never actually told me he was done but was still calling me during the 2nd week of November

Comment

• if I was in your place, I would call them monday thats enough time to get a answer from them. Maybe they mail letters out end of the week like they did for the med invite on the 2nd. Just a guess

Comment

• Does anyone know what else will we doing beside having a medical check up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
            Does anyone know what else will we doing beside having a medical check up?
            I believe a uniform "fitting." And if it makes anyone feel better - the back of the medical letter stated that they are still processing backgrounds so even people who got invites could be DQ'd later on...

Comment

• Ok, so this is what I know for sure, and what I am assuming based on what is being said throughout this topic. Backgrounds are processed based on when they are turned in from the BI (<----this I know). (This I am taking an educated guess on ----->) Therefore, if your BI submitted your background in late October, early November (or sooner), you have already been processed. I know my background was not submitted until the 20th of November (my BI called me and let me know he was finished and submitting my background). So those of us that were stressing because we thought that backgrounds had to be turned in by the 14th of November (me being one of them), are now stressing because we have not received a med invite. My guess would be we will be hearing shortly…I hope…

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                Ok, so this is what I know for sure, and what I am assuming based on what is being said throughout this topic. Backgrounds are processed based on when they are turned in from the BI (<----this I know). (This I am taking an educated guess on ----->) Therefore, if your BI submitted your background in late October, early November (or sooner), you have already been processed. I know my background was not submitted until the 20th of November (my BI called me and let me know he was finished and submitting my background). So those of us that were stressing because we thought that backgrounds had to be turned in by the 14th of November (me being one of them), are now stressing because we have not received a med invite. My guess would be we will be hearing shortly…I hope…
                Thanks Geoff, this sounds logical.

Whitty, your dinner idea sounds nice, though I haven't decided my best route for making it to Albany yet. As I've been a student up to this point I am low on funds and haven't figured out if I will try and stay in a hotel friday night or drive up from my home in the wee hours of the morning (~4 hour drive)

Comment

• I wish I could stay at a hotel but im out of money since I just graduated college, I have to drive up but im from nyc so its only a 2 hour and 40 min drive for me. Ill probably get there a hour early and just wait in a parking lot or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by msphill View Post
                    Thanks Geoff, this sounds logical.

Whitty, your dinner idea sounds nice, though I haven't decided my best route for making it to Albany yet. As I've been a student up to this point I am low on funds and haven't figured out if I will try and stay in a hotel friday night or drive up from my home in the wee hours of the morning (~4 hour drive)
                    You better start saving up some money. The sample offer letter I have seen requires you show up with several hundred dollars in order to buy uniforms, etc. and 75 bucks a weekish to pay for food...just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                      You better start saving up some money. The sample offer letter I have seen requires you show up with several hundred dollars in order to buy uniforms, etc. and 75 bucks a weekish to pay for food...just saying.
                      So if we get into the academy, We pay for food weekly? and by uniform do you mean PT uniform or the uniform we will be wearing once we graduate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
                        So if we get into the academy, We pay for food weekly? and by uniform do you mean PT uniform or the uniform we will be wearing once we graduate.
                        PT and Academy uniforms - not Duty Uniforms. And yes - it said in the letter something like $75 a week if I read it correctly - which has to be paid with a cashiers check or something along those lines. $300 a month is an outrageous amount of money for food....my family (me, my wife, and 2 year old) pay $150.00 on food - so this will triple our food budget. But you gotta pay to play.

Comment

• I just bought my black oxford shoes from Red Wing. They're pretty comfortable, so far. I believe we spend most of our time in them, other than when we are doing PT.

Re funds- you pay for food weekly and it has to be a money order that you bring in every monday. And you have to pay for all of your PT gear- clothes, water bottle, etc. AND you have to show up with a gray hoodie and gray sweatpants. So if funds are low you should start looking online now to see where the deals are.

Whitty-- why did you write "fitting" in quotes? You're scaring me.

Comment

• Sounds like if I get in it will be time to start selling some things

Comment

• what kind of shoes do we need? the ones that arent shine? but can be

Comment

• black oxford, not pre shined

Originally posted by Eriecounty250 View Post
                                what kind of shoes do we need? the ones that arent shine? but can be

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7923 users online. 373 members and 7550 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X