Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by msphill View Post
    Won't they be bothered by us?
    No, they field questions constantly, and are used to it.

Comment

• Does anyone have the number for member hiring? I need to call them.

Comment

• Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
        Does anyone have the number for member hiring? I need to call them.
        518-485-8375

Let us know what they say, please and thank you.

Comment

• Anyone know of any other documentaries like this? As I have no law enforcement or military background I would love to soak up as much info as possible.

Comment

Anyone know of any other documentaries like this? As I have no law enforcement or military background I would love to soak up as much info as possible.
            http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V9QEg4VXliE
            Not troopers but still a good one to watch

Comment

• I gave them a call. Not all letters have been sent out as files are still being reviewed.

Comment

I gave them a call. Not all letters have been sent out as files are still being reviewed.
                Hopefully that bodes well for you.

Comment

• I realize it's a bit early to plan, but I'm wondering if anyone wants to grab dinner Friday night before the medical. Colonie mall seemed to have some good choices and is pretty close to the academy. I fly into town that afternoon and back out Saturday afternoon or else I'd suggest sat night. Might be nice to get to know some folks we most probably will be stuck with for 26 weeks

Unless of course that would be weird. As a cop I don't usually meet up with people I don't know, but considering most of you have passed a pretty strenuous background investigation I think I could make an exception
                  Last edited by Whitty; 01-07-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• I called member hiring as well because I was planning on going back to school if I did not receive a medical invite and classes start Monday (out of state). I was told that my application packet is still under review and they were not allowed to tell me anymore.

Comment

• I also called member hiring and got the same response. Files are still being reviewed. I am thinking maybe they are going in order by rank number and sending invites out accordingly. Also, I went to school at The University At Albany which is right next to the state police academy. If anyone needs any information PM me I will do my best to help.

Comment

• I think that is a great idea! It's never too early to plan. However, I'll be arriving late Friday night so I won't be able to make it.

Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                        I realize it's a bit early to plan, but I'm wondering if anyone wants to grab dinner Friday night before the medical. Colonie mall seemed to have some good choices and is pretty close to the academy. I fly into town that afternoon and back out Saturday afternoon or else I'd suggest sat night. Might be nice to get to know some folks we most probably will be stuck with for 26 weeks

Unless of course that would be weird. As a cop I don't usually meet up with people I don't know, but considering most of you have passed a pretty strenuous background investigation I think I could make an exception

Comment

• My rank was 24xx and I havent recieved anything, what about you other guys still waiting?

Comment

• List number 19**. Heard no word anybody from troop L get anything?? At this point it sounds like they go by list # anyway. Staying patient and positive, but ready to go...

Comment

• Some in the 2000's have recieved theres so it doesn't seem to be based on Rank. Whitty shows its not based alphabetically, and I have no idea about Troop... there was only around a dozen from Troop B invited to the physical and I don't know how many made it through, so doubt I could compare that way.

Comment

• i am rank 13xx from troop L and my applications packet is still being processed.....It seemed like my background investigation was done a little later than most though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7999 users online. 406 members and 7593 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X