300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
    Congrats! That's a great accomplishment.

I'm running my mile and a half at graduation standard. I'm having trouble getting my time down.
    Graduation standard is solid in my opinion. That's my goal all around anyway for pushups, sit ups, etc.

Comment

• I received my medical invite yesterday and I will be in Albany on the 31st at 0930 coming from Buffalo, NY. Does anyone know when they actually appoint you to a position at the academy and give you a start date? It seems that there are more applicants right now going to the medical than there are spots in the March academy, so I am wondering how soon we will know whether we are going to the March academy or if we will be appointed to a future academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
        Graduation standard is solid in my opinion. That's my goal all around anyway for pushups, sit ups, etc.
        Not that it effects us, but word on the street is that they are going to actually be changing the processing weekend agility standards to the graduation standards. This may not be until the next test is given in several years, but I have heard it is in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysp201491 View Post
          I received my medical invite yesterday and I will be in Albany on the 31st at 0930 coming from Buffalo, NY. Does anyone know when they actually appoint you to a position at the academy and give you a start date? It seems that there are more applicants right now going to the medical than there are spots in the March academy, so I am wondering how soon we will know whether we are going to the March academy or if we will be appointed to a future academy.
          The academy is going to start on Sunday afternoon, March 1st. After medical you get one of several different letters, at any point before the academy starts (usually 10 to 14 days before, but it could be a few days before). You are disqualified, you are accepted into the March 1 academy, you are put on the backfill list for people that drop out in the beginning of the academy, or you are put on a hold list until the next academy processing.

Comment

• Ok good to know, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
              The academy is going to start on Sunday afternoon, March 1st. After medical you get one of several different letters, at any point before the academy starts (usually 10 to 14 days before, but it could be a few days before). You are disqualified, you are accepted into the March 1 academy, you are put on the backfill list for people that drop out in the beginning of the academy, or you are put on a hold list until the next academy processing.
              Ok good to know, thanks

Comment

Doing the happy dance at my Colorado mailbox at 1230am after my swing shift. See you all on the 31st
                well if you got yours all the way out there, I'm gonna take it as a pretty bad sign if I don't get mine today...

Comment

• Originally posted by msphill View Post
                  well if you got yours all the way out there, I'm gonna take it as a pretty bad sign if I don't get mine today...
                  I think the Sunday worked in my favor. Don't worry yet - they have you like 3 weeks to RSVP so there is still plenty of time. Good luck.

On a separate note - does everyone have a different show time? I'm at 0730. During my processing weekend they appeared to process by rank order. Anyone have any idea? It certainly isn't by last name - I'm 100% sure of that...

Comment

• I have a rank of 21xx and I'm at 7:00.

Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                    I think the Sunday worked in my favor. Don't worry yet - they have you like 3 weeks to RSVP so there is still plenty of time. Good luck.

On a separate note - does everyone have a different show time? I'm at 0730. During my processing weekend they appeared to process by rank order. Anyone have any idea? It certainly isn't by last name - I'm 100% sure of that...

Comment

I believe it will be females first, then by rank since im also at 7:30 and have a pretty low rank.

On a separate note don't worry about being the old guy you make me feel young. lol

Comment

• im on long island, just got my mail and haven't received anything yet....

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartans92 View Post
                          im on long island, just got my mail and haven't received anything yet....
                          Maybe they send them out in waves... Oh well at least we know either way we'll get an invite or a DQ

Comment

• I am also 7:30 and ranked in the lower 600's. My friend I'm going with is also at 7:30 and is ranked just under 2000. I think the time is just a randomly given time by the looks of it

Comment

• I would still say by rank since lower 2000's would be near the top for this other then hold overs from the first processing. And it seems females are always first at 7 for any processing

Comment

• They do the processing time by rank. I was a backfill for the August class and when I went in June my med time was at 10:30am and my rank was in the 1900s. This time I process at 7:30am.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13296 users online. 470 members and 12826 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X