Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jay,

    Thanks for letting us know! Is there any information on there you would care to share? What to wear? What time to be there for?


    Originally posted by Jaycrash13 View Post
    The letter is dated Jan 2nd 2015 and its at the end of the month like you all suspected.

    Comment


    • Ok just did cardio recovery today and was bored out of my mind

      Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
      I did not buy a plyo mat, but I would suggest doing so. I have used them in the past and they do help. I eat pretty clean and healthy so I follow my own eating habits and it works out really well.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by c_ob View Post
        Jay,

        Thanks for letting us know! Is there any information on there you would care to share? What to wear? What time to be there for?
        c_ob

        No problem. It was just an invite for the medical. The date and time. Im guessing the times maybe diffrent for everyone. Just like for processing weekend, the females were before males. Business attire.

        Comment


        • Thanks a lot!
          If it's business attire then I guess the rumor that we have to do pushups and situps is now disconfirmed

          Originally posted by Jaycrash13 View Post
          c_ob

          No problem. It was just an invite for the medical. The date and time. Im guessing the times maybe diffrent for everyone. Just like for processing weekend, the females were before males. Business attire.

          Comment


          • I'm sure they can always surprise us

            Comment


            • Originally posted by c_ob View Post
              Thanks a lot!
              If it's business attire then I guess the rumor that we have to do pushups and situps is now disconfirmed
              Member hiring told me they stopped doing that after the 2008 test. For what it's worth...

              Comment


              • To everyone prepping for the academy - what kind of mile / mile and a half pace are you running at? Trying to figure out where I'm at in comparison to the average recruit...? I think I'm sitting at a 10 min flat for the mile and a half...But I slow it down and run an 8 minute pace for my 5+ mile runs. I'm feeling like im gonna be one of the "old guys" in the academy and I'm only 27...don't wanna be one of the slow guys too

                Comment


                • And not that anybody really cares...but you guys have become my ad-hoc support group. I finally hit the big 20 lbs weight lost over my last two months of working towards being academy ready. Big accomplishment for me. 10 lbs to go before March!

                  Comment


                  • I lost 40 pounds prepping for the physical but I'm still overweight at 205 @ 6'. I got my run to 11:45 for the physical which was my best run up to that point, but have had trouble improving it since... I never have anyone to run with however and I think that was a big part of it... I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the slow guys if I'm in (age 26). But I'm determined to give it all I have.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by msphill View Post
                      I lost 40 pounds prepping for the physical but I'm still overweight at 205 @ 6'. I got my run to 11:45 for the physical which was my best run up to that point, but have had trouble improving it since... I never have anyone to run with however and I think that was a big part of it... I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the slow guys if I'm in (age 26). But I'm determined to give it all I have.
                      Are they going to disqualify us at the medical if we are overweight?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by hangloose View Post
                        Are they going to disqualify us at the medical if we are overweight?
                        I was told that there are no height and weight parameters anymore by member hiring. With that being said, I wouldn't want to be "that guy" in the academy...

                        Comment


                        • Everyone should just perform the best they can. We will all have different strengths and weaknesses and at the end of the day we are all in it together. Each and every one of us should be willing to help our fellow recruits who may be struggling in certain areas.

                          Comment


                          • They said there were no standards? On the nysp page under medical examination it mentions that they check height and weight parameters? Currently I'm 205 at 6'. Doctors would consider me overweight because the max weight at my height is 186. I couldn't imagine myself being tall and skinny. So maybe it will be like the marine corps and if you don't meet the weight standard they I'll tape you?. I do want to lose about 10 pounds before going to Albany again (if I do anyways), but being 186 wouldn't make me a very intimidating trooper..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fredenburg1 View Post
                              They said there were no standards? On the nysp page under medical examination it mentions that they check height and weight parameters? Currently I'm 205 at 6'. Doctors would consider me overweight because the max weight at my height is 186. I couldn't imagine myself being tall and skinny. So maybe it will be like the marine corps and if you don't meet the weight standard they I'll tape you?. I do want to lose about 10 pounds before going to Albany again (if I do anyways), but being 186 wouldn't make me a very intimidating trooper..

                              There are no height/weight requirements. There are PAT requirements as you know.

                              Honestly once you're in the Academy, the biggest hurdle for 95% of recruits is the academics. Make sure you study, and then study some more.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                                To everyone prepping for the academy - what kind of mile / mile and a half pace are you running at? Trying to figure out where I'm at in comparison to the average recruit...? I think I'm sitting at a 10 min flat for the mile and a half...But I slow it down and run an 8 minute pace for my 5+ mile runs. I'm feeling like im gonna be one of the "old guys" in the academy and I'm only 27...don't wanna be one of the slow guys too
                                My mile and a half is right around 10 as well. Don't waste your time running 5 miles, the most you ever do is 3. And as for old guys…I'll be 30!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12114 users online. 397 members and 11717 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X