Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on day 3 of insanity and my body is killing me. I thought I was pretty fit before I started too. It's a 63 day challenge so if anyone is considering it I would suggest starting now!!

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
      I'm on day 3 of insanity and my body is killing me. I thought I was pretty fit before I started too. It's a 63 day challenge so if anyone is considering it I would suggest starting now!!
      I just finished week 5 so I am heading into hell the next 4 weeks with the second half of the workout. By the end of week 4 I can do more than they actually do in the video, and it helps an insane amount with my endurance. Actually ran today for the first time since the Utica Boilermaker (9.3 miles) and did 5 miles at a nice easy pace in 42 minutes. I had not ran more than the 1.5 miles since July. Just be careful with Insanity because it puts a ton of pressure on your joints, especially the knees. I would suggest having at least a month between ending that and starting the academy to rest your joints for 6 months of punishment on the pavement.

Comment

• Received a letter today from NYSP... Was told they are not going to proceed with my application. Good luck to you all!

Comment

• Originally posted by idahome View Post
          Received a letter today from NYSP... Was told they are not going to proceed with my application. Good luck to you all!
          Sorry to hear.

Comment

Received a letter today from NYSP... Was told they are not going to proceed with my application. Good luck to you all!
            O snap. Thought those were done....sorry to hear.

Comment

Well there goes my feeling of confidence now...

I been monitoring these thread for probably over a year now, I am in the same processing as you guys. I'm not military, just finished my Masters at University at Buffalo. I've followed the advice and guidance available here as I would be pretty clueless without it as I don't know any troopers. I know christmas was last week, but it feels like next week is actually christmas... and I really don't want any coal...

Comment

Any explanation?

Comment

• Hopefully sense I live not to far from Albany, I'll receive a good letter tomorrow.. But I guess that's just me wishful thinking.

Comment

• Did it give any insight to why they didn't process your application any further? Or was it "confidential" like the others?

Comment

Sorry to hear that. What date did they sent out the letter?

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                        I just finished week 5 so I am heading into hell the next 4 weeks with the second half of the workout. By the end of week 4 I can do more than they actually do in the video, and it helps an insane amount with my endurance. Actually ran today for the first time since the Utica Boilermaker (9.3 miles) and did 5 miles at a nice easy pace in 42 minutes. I had not ran more than the 1.5 miles since July. Just be careful with Insanity because it puts a ton of pressure on your joints, especially the knees. I would suggest having at least a month between ending that and starting the academy to rest your joints for 6 months of punishment on the pavement.
                        Man I wish I was in week 5. Well the way I timed it I'll be finishing and going straight into the academy. Maybe I'll do the first month over instead of going into max interval training on month 2. Did you buy a plyo mat? I read that they're good to stop you from hurting your knees. And did you follow the meal plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangloose View Post
                          Sorry to hear that. What date did they sent out the letter?
                          They said it was confidential which really sucks because I don't have the cleanest record and I would like to know what made them not accept me. It's been 5 years since then and was hoping that was long enough for them. I have applied to multiple agencies within NY so I hope I still have a chance with them. They dated the letter on the 30th

Comment

They said it was confidential which really sucks because I don't have the cleanest record and I would like to know what made them not accept me. It's been 5 years since then and was hoping that was long enough for them. I have applied to multiple agencies within NY so I hope I still have a chance with them. They dated the letter on the 30th
                            So much for the "if you have not got the DQ your not getting one..."

Comment

• Originally posted by msphill View Post
                              Well there goes my feeling of confidence now...

I been monitoring these thread for probably over a year now, I am in the same processing as you guys. I'm not military, just finished my Masters at University at Buffalo. I've followed the advice and guidance available here as I would be pretty clueless without it as I don't know any troopers. I know christmas was last week, but it feels like next week is actually christmas... and I really don't want any coal...
                              I was near University at Buffalo. What did u graduate with.

Comment

Sorry to hear that idahome. I guess the lady at member hiring wasnt clear. If you dont mind me asking which troop area do you live in/?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7575 users online. 331 members and 7244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X