Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
    I also called member hiring asking when the next medical will be because I will be leaving the country for 2 weeks. She also said expect something next week. She even looked up my name and said I will be getting a med invite. I just had to send her a picture of a flight ticket saying I'm actually leaving. She said anyone that hasn't got a DQ letter will get a med invite. Just wanted to share
    Do we have to let them know if we are leaving the country?

    Comment


    • Zombiemap,

      So what your saying is member hiring told you if we were going to be dq'ed at this point we would have already received a dq letter? And if we have not received a dq letter at this point we should be expecting a med invite?

      Comment


      • You dont have to let them know if your leaving the country. I told them that so I can get a answer which they did give me one. Ill be gone when the med letters comes to my house

        Comment


        • Thats what she told. But keep in note once we are all done with our medical on the 31st. it can go many different ways for us stil

          1)Accepted (hopefully all of us here get this)
          2)DQ because of a medical reason
          3) Not enough seats so we will be moved to the next class
          4) you are a backfill for the first week when class starts.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fredenburg1 View Post
            Awesome so next week the med letters will be out?
            yes as whitty and I called member hiring she said med letter will be mailed out this friday, so expect a letter maybe Tuesday the latest Thursday probably

            Comment


            • When I was at the weekend processing I saw a lot of people with a highlight of a blue marker on their Pt test sheet which indicated they failed the PT test back in April and September was their second chance or passing it. Does anyone know if there chances are higher then ours because of their rank

              Comment


              • Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                When I was at the weekend processing I saw a lot of people with a highlight of a blue marker on their Pt test sheet which indicated they failed the PT test back in April and September was their second chance or passing it. Does anyone know if there chances are higher then ours because of their rank
                My guess would be rank # is rank # if your still in the process. The rank # seems like it's a sacred thing in the NYSP. Just my two cents.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                  Thats what she told. But keep in note once we are all done with our medical on the 31st. it can go many different ways for us stil

                  1)Accepted (hopefully all of us here get this)
                  2)DQ because of a medical reason
                  3) Not enough seats so we will be moved to the next class
                  4) you are a backfill for the first week when class starts.
                  So if your rank is 31xx, you are most likely will be backfill or for the next academy?

                  Comment


                  • Yeah unfortunately I was one of those ones who failed the pt test (missed it by one sit-up). It may have been a blessing is disguise because I'm ranked in the lower 600's compared to the those in the group now.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by hangloose View Post
                      So if your rank is 31xx, you are most likely will be backfill or for the next academy?
                      There is always a chance. As I said earlier in the thread - There are atleast 60+ held over from the last medical and processing waiting for an academy spot. So with only 170 spots (last rumor) it could be slim pickins...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by hangloose View Post
                        So if your rank is 31xx, you are most likely will be backfill or for the next academy?
                        There are 70 people left over from the last processing but you never know you might actually have a spot for this academy class. I said this earlier in the form my buddy is actually in the class right now his rank was in 1900's no military experience only a college degree. When he has asked one of the captains and ATO in the academy how he got picked, they all said his raced help him in the spot. Hes Half Korean and Half Chinese.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fredenburg1 View Post
                          Yeah unfortunately I was one of those ones who failed the pt test (missed it by one sit-up). It may have been a blessing is disguise because I'm ranked in the lower 600's compared to the those in the group now.
                          I think I'd rather be almost done with the academy right now than waiting to get in.

                          Comment


                          • Trust me I would rather be in the class now, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

                            Comment


                            • I just hope with all this waiting we had to do we all get in here. Everyone on this forum seems nice and willing to work as a team.

                              Comment


                              • Well will know soon enough. Hopefully by this time next week.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10873 users online. 393 members and 10480 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X