Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another good day with no DQ here in Colorado. Last day of work for me this week as well. Have a good holidays all. And stay frosty

Comment

• Same here in central New York, a day without a letter is still a blessing. Happy holidays to everyone!

Comment

• same here as well in Western New York. Cant wait until next month when hopefully we all get med invites

Comment

• Anyone know how many people are left at this point of the process stage

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
            Anyone know how many people are left at this point of the process stage
            I dont. I think based upon earlier threads that 300 to 500 typically get invites to the final medical - but I'm drawing this completely from memory...

Comment

• What are they looking for at final medical? Is it like MEPS? What type of things will not get you accepted into the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by idahome View Post
                What are they looking for at final medical? Is it like MEPS? What type of things will not get you accepted into the academy?
                MEPS is how it's kinda been explained to me. Full medical appt, cough and bend over, etc. Not sure what gets you DQ'd.

Comment

• Originally posted by idahome View Post
                  What are they looking for at final medical? Is it like MEPS? What type of things will not get you accepted into the academy?
                  Medication history can get you dq'd, from what I have heard. Any sort of Anti-psych or antidepressant's in your past. Along with medication for PTSD. A long history of broken bones and or surgeries. If, god forbid, they find something major, like pre cancerous or cancerous lumps, high blood pressure, high blood sugar. Just more things to worry about until you get the final acceptance packet. Hope everybody has a safe and happy holiday season. Few more weeks and we will have a couple more answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                    Medication history can get you dq'd, from what I have heard. Any sort of Anti-psych or antidepressant's in your past. Along with medication for PTSD. A long history of broken bones and or surgeries. If, god forbid, they find something major, like pre cancerous or cancerous lumps, high blood pressure, high blood sugar. Just more things to worry about until you get the final acceptance packet. Hope everybody has a safe and happy holiday season. Few more weeks and we will have a couple more answers.
                    This sounds right. I was under the impression that they would discuss with you the items that they already requested (medical documentation for injuries, etc.) and do a full physical. I was told that its only a half day affair - and that's for several hundred people so they can't spend too long with you....

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                      This sounds right. I was under the impression that they would discuss with you the items that they already requested (medical documentation for injuries, etc.) and do a full physical. I was told that its only a half day affair - and that's for several hundred people so they can't spend too long with you....
                      It's a well oiled machine, so they get people in and out pretty quick, from what I understand. They pretty much know everything, as they have a majority of the time, as it is. If you have little in your medical background, you have little to worry about. If you have a laundry list of medications, surgeries, and injuries, it could be up in the air.

Comment

• We should be getting the med letters any day now, since the last class had 5 weeks between med processing and the day the academy starts. unless they are pushing back the academy.

Comment

• Does this mean most DQ'S should have already been handed out? Don't wanna be looking for a med and get a dq...

Comment

• The DQ letters do come out earlier then the med letter. But im not sure at all. If the class is March 2nd. The med should nd end of jan which is exactly 5 weeks apart them after med is done 2 weeks later they give you a acceptance letter, DQ letter, backfill letter, or you will be moved to the next class.

Comment

• The class that started the first week of August there medical was last week of June

Comment

• Well hopefully we hear something soon. Fingers crossed. My vote is still for Jan 31st..
                                Last edited by Whitty; 12-26-2014, 01:08 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7862 users online. 428 members and 7434 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X