300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
    The bad juju rx brought in here is gonna be floating around until medical letters and offers start showing up.. And if we get to meet in the coming months - your nickname is definitely gonna be Debbie downer
    Haha..not trying to bring any bad karma around here, just trying to sort out facts versus lies. I am pretty sure that the state likes to spread rumors to make us stress out even more. I'll be the guy with a doctorate that doesn't want to be a pharmacist. I think it would be only natural to put a face to the screename. Believe me, I hope that news is not true as much as everybody else does. Most of my other sources are saying it is highly unlikely they cancel the class because the need is so great.

Comment

• Well I think it's safe to say that while they may have processed us before any budget issues, they should not medical us if there is any doubt there will be an academy. So here's to hoping medical letters come soon and let us know we are good to go!

Comment

• The state could theoretically cancel the class at any time. That would be out of your hands, so try not to think about it. That being said... I have not heard anything about a deficit or them canceling the class. My guess is that they are going to continue to pump out classes.

Comment

• rest in peace to the 2 nypd officers that died today in brooklyn

Comment

• only 10 more days until January. Its going to be our stressful month ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
              only 10 more days until January. Its going to be our stressful month ever.
              Getting closer. We could start hearing about med invites any day now...

Comment

• We can only pray man. I feel like we would get med invite by end of this month since they the academy is March 2nd. and they usually have the medical a month before. and they give so much times notice before hand as well.

Comment

• Well HR probably has most of next week off, but I'm hoping that the last week of this month and the first week of January is the sweet spot. It's starting to get weird at work now that my SGT / Supervisor who was interviewed by my BI is telling everyone I'm leaving - although it will be more awkward if I don't leave at all!
                  Last edited by Whitty; 12-21-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• We better hope you get the job then. All my friends are wooting I get the job. I wanted to be a trooper since I was 17.

Comment

• Are they still up the rank of 6xxx ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
                        Are they still up the rank of 6xxx ?
                        I do not believe they have gotten even close to that yet. Somewhere between 3500 and 4000 last I heard. Probably 2 more processing weekends before they make 6000...

Comment

I do not believe they have gotten even close to that yet. Somewhere between 3500 and 4000 last I heard. Probably 2 more processing weekends before they make 6000...
                          the last one was in September right ? Any idea when the next one will be

Comment

the last one was in September right ? Any idea when the next one will be
                            No there are all kinds of rumors at this point. My guess would be late spring early summer. But it seems they have plenty of people in the pipeline at the moment to fill a class or two before having to even do much processing. It's a wait and see and pray the budget likes us kinda game...

Comment

No there are all kinds of rumors at this point. My guess would be late spring early summer. But it seems they have plenty of people in the pipeline at the moment to fill a class or two before having to even do much processing. It's a wait and see and pray the budget likes us kinda game...
                              Thanks I have a far way to go at 10xxx if they even reach that low

Comment

Are they still up the rank of 6xxx ?
                                3609 is the rank they have reached…they may have enough from the first two processing's to put 2 more classes through…depending on size. Even then, there are several people that have deferred so they may not be sending quite as many through processing weekends. It can take several years (sometimes up to 5), to process 10,000 people.
                                Last edited by rxgeoff; 12-22-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4752 users online. 261 members and 4491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X