Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You can get DQ for a lot things in nysp. But they look on it case by case. Everyone case is different nd also what the BI wrote as well. They know everyone isn't perfect. My recruiter told me they look at drug usages nd speeding tickets heavily

    Comment


    • Hey guys, been monitoring this site for the past few months but never signed up for an account till just recently. I received an email from NYSP over the weekend stating that my military document status has changed and it goes on to say that I can login into my application to review it. When I login nothing has changed. Still have my veterans points and my rank or score has not changed. Just wondering if any of you received this email as well.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by idahome View Post
        Hey guys, been monitoring this site for the past few months but never signed up for an account till just recently. I received an email from NYSP over the weekend stating that my military document status has changed and it goes on to say that I can login into my application to review it. When I login nothing has changed. Still have my veterans points and my rank or score has not changed. Just wondering if any of you received this email as well.
        I received it months back. Called a recruiter and she said they had just updated something in my file and it sent that auto email. Take it for what it's worth.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
          I received it months back. Called a recruiter and she said they had just updated something in my file and it sent that auto email. Take it for what it's worth.
          That's what I figured. They added something in my file or reviewed it. Thanks for the feedback.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by idahome View Post
            That's what I figured. They added something in my file or reviewed it. Thanks for the feedback.
            Mine was when I filed for a deferment and was removed from the process. It has not happened since I re-entered the process and did my poly, psych, and background...just fyi. I would contact member hiring via phone and ask if your concerned.

            Comment


            • Does anyone have an idea as to when the next processing/academy will occur? I was supposed to process with the rest of you (mostly) but I filed for deferment to finish my degree this May.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
                Does anyone have an idea as to when the next processing/academy will occur? I was supposed to process with the rest of you (mostly) but I filed for deferment to finish my degree this May.
                I don't think anyone can tell you. Could be 3 months, or 3 years depending on state budget and such. They have not even confirmed the next academy officially. Good luck.

                Comment


                • idahome,

                  I received the same email sometime last week and emailed my recruiter like the email said if we had questions. The recruiter told me she viewed my file and it was sent out accidentally and to disregard it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                    I don't think anyone can tell you. Could be 3 months, or 3 years depending on state budget and such. They have not even confirmed the next academy officially. Good luck.
                    I see, good luck to everyone currently processing and I will continue to visit this thread on the daily.

                    Comment


                    • Another day without a DQ letter! (Not that I'm expecting one)

                      Comment


                      • Just curious.. What's everyone doing for pt? I'm mainly just powerlifting for my workouts but I think I'm going to start insanity because my endurance is lacking.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by reil View Post
                          Just curious.. What's everyone doing for pt? I'm mainly just powerlifting for my workouts but I think I'm going to start insanity because my endurance is lacking.
                          I do about 15 or so miles running each week, and an hour and a half of gym 5 days a week (off on weekend). I've started incorporating more HIIT type stuff, and body weight / boot camp type exercises - like pushup and burpees. I'd like to run as close to 100% Cooper as I can before the academy but we will see...sitting at about 70% now. Im hoping I'm doing enough - my biggest fear is being under prepared and getting hurt during the academy. Also low carbing it to drop another 10 or so pounds before it's go time.

                          Comment


                          • Similar to what Whitty said. I usually do a run in the morning first thing when I wake up to get the blood flowing and to make sure my legs are still working. LOL I don't enjoy running. In the afternoon or evening I do a crossfit workout which usually consists of a mixture of many movements all in one.

                            Comment


                            • Any one have any idea the length and types of runs in the academy?

                              Comment


                              • Have no clue. on the other hand no letter today. just checked the mail

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10568 users online. 390 members and 10178 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X