300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted By User
    Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-20-2008, 06:14 PM.
    sigpic
    IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
      Really, that's odd. I've seen many Troopers in the NYC area carrying ASP batons, including the recruiters and reg Troopers at NYC HQ. I also remember talking to a Trooper who said they can also use the Monadnock ball bearing lock straight baton. Like I said earlier, maybe you can have the choice or certain areas have the choice. Another reason could be if you have some time on the job maybe the newer guys are getting the ASP. I personally like the side-handle batons, but I think most departments have stopped using them. Let me know if you figure out why this is.

I'm a newer guy and I definitely don't have an ASP
      Although, it would be really nice to have one...
      There are a few special details that can carry them, like bike patrol and maybe the executive details. With a few exceptions, no expandable batons for us.

Most of the time it just gets in the way when I'm trying to close the car door.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
        Really, that's odd. I've seen many Troopers in the NYC area carrying ASP batons, including the recruiters and reg Troopers at NYC HQ. I also remember talking to a Trooper who said they can also use the Monadnock ball bearing lock straight baton. Like I said earlier, maybe you can have the choice or certain areas have the choice. Another reason could be if you have some time on the job maybe the newer guys are getting the ASP. I personally like the side-handle batons, but I think most departments have stopped using them. Let me know if you figure out why this is.
        A few guys I know who are on a special detail (Motorcycles and CVEU) or went to certain Dog and Pony shows were one time trained on collapsable batons as sticks were too intimidating in a parade or not practical for riding a Harley (even though Ponch and John did it), but recruits are trained with whatever stick Division can obtain for the cheapest price.

I love my job and wouldn't do anything else or suit up in any other uniform.
        Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-28-2007, 01:17 PM.
        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Deleted Post
          Last edited by OTVFD18; 06-27-2007, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• Deleted Post
            Last edited by GrayPatriot; 06-27-2007, 09:31 PM. Reason: Bad information posted

Comment

• question:

i'm going to buy a new pair of sneakers to break in before the academy starts(fingers crossed). when (if) i get a list of things i need for the academy, are they going to tell me to get a specific color or type of running shoe?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                When did all that happen?
                He is refering to the murder of Tpr. Andrew Sperr and the recent shooting involving Tpr. Amanda Reif.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  There was a RUMOR floating around when I came on that there are enough ASPs sitting in Sidney for every road Trooper but Division wont give them to us because they are affraid we might actually carry them and use them.
                  Hey 4985, read your email. Not here, the one from the Acting Superintendent.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                    I'm a newer guy and I definitely don't have an ASP
                    Although, it would be really nice to have one...
                    Stand by......

You read your email too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                      question:

i'm going to buy a new pair of sneakers to break in before the academy starts(fingers crossed). when (if) i get a list of things i need for the academy, are they going to tell me to get a specific color or type of running shoe?

thanks
                      Yes, fast ones...

Don't worry about the color or type. Good idea to break them in beforehand.

You ever want advice on sneakers I am your guy. I just bought my third pair of the year. I have only about 100 miles left on the 2nd pair.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        Hey 4985, read your email. Not here, the one from the Acting Superintendent.
                        Sorry Sarge... I think I will forever be bitter over losing the best A-line partner you could ever have.
                        Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-27-2007, 11:08 PM.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                          Yes, fast ones...

Don't worry about the color or type. Good idea to break them in beforehand.

You ever want advice on sneakers I am your guy. I just bought my third pair of the year. I have only about 100 miles left on the 2nd pair.
                          what kind of advice do you have?

i know this lady who is a big runner and she told me about a specialty store where they know how to tell the right shoe for your foot....rather than going into a modells and just talking to some meat bag who's only qualification is locating your size on the shelving in the back room.

Comment

• Deleted Post
                            Last edited by OTVFD18; 06-27-2007, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Fleet Feet.

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post

i know this lady who is a big runner and she told me about a specialty store where they know how to tell the right shoe for your foot....rather than going into a modells and just talking to some meat bag who's only qualification is locating your size on the shelving in the back room.
                              I went to Fleet Feet where they check the sizes of both feet, check you stride, and have you run a little in every pair they think will be right for you. They don't tell you a price right away so it doesn't affect which pairs your like. However remember you won't only be running in them. Also a pair that drys fast would be a good thing.
                              When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post

i know this lady who is a big runner and she told me about a specialty store where they know how to tell the right shoe for your foot.
                                I will try not to hijack the thread too much, but I am a firm believer that physical fitness is one of the most important aspects of the job so...

The store your friend is refering to is probably http://www.fleetfeetsports.com/store-locations
                                They will record you running on a treadmill and tell you if you exhibit over-pronation or an under-pronation/supination. They will then suggest the best running shoes for you. Don't feel obliged to buy as they are a bit more expensive than other stores.

Some sites will suggest the wet test but nothing beats watching your running style and seeing the proof in the pudding... so to speak...

Here is some links that will make you a better educated shopper:
                                http://www.fogdog.com/fog-running-sh...bg-222919.html
                                NB have a new rollbar technology I haven't tried yet:
                                http://www.nbwebexpress.com/achieve_...nning_gait.asp

Next time you are checking out sneakers in the running section you will see some brands have grey coloring on the inside sole/heel. This means extra protection for runners who exhibit over pronation/pronanted.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Happy running

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8057 users online. 427 members and 7630 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X