Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we do get in the academy im really looking forward working with new people and learning new things. I also cant wait for the week where we use the troopers car.

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
      If we do get in the academy im really looking forward working with new people and learning new things. I also cant wait for the week where we use the troopers car.
      Pursuit, EVOC, and TVI training is legit - and even more exhilarating when there is an actual bad guy, in a stolen car, driving down the wrong side of the truway into oncoming traffic....and your just trying not to sound like a little girl on the radio....Just saying

Comment

• You got that right. is there any special unit you want to join in the state police after

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
          You got that right. is there any special unit you want to join in the state police after
          I just want to get on the job. I enjoy "being on the beat", and just doing what cops do. With that being said, working in a big city now, if I am so lucky to be picked, I think I am gonna have to get used to a more rural, sometimes more traffic oriented type policing. Ultimately it would be a blast to be on a task force in say Syracuse or Binghamton. I have a friend who is a US Marshal in Syracuse and he has a task force of NYSP, Syracuse, and Onondaga County folks all together. He told me shoot for NYSP - mostly because they are making 30k+ more than the other guys (Syracuse and Onondaga) on the task force, to do the same job.

Comment

• Another day without a letter.. If I'm blessed with a chance of becoming a part of the nysp team, I would ultimately want to be apart of the K-9 unit! Has anyone else received a letter (Good or bad)? I heard that the current class ends in February, so it's safe to say the next class will probably be in march. That sure would be an awesome birthday present!

Comment

• If I become a part of the NYSP, I would like to become an Investigator

Comment

• Then all the future candidates will be hounding you for answers!

Comment

• I would like to join the sort team (swat). When I was at a orientation they said the sort team really needs all different shapes and sizes and im a 6 foot 2 guy.

Comment

• if not I would love to be part of the K-9 unit.

Comment

• Just found out the next academy class starts march second and will hold around 170 people

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredenburg1 View Post
                        Just found out the next academy class starts march second and will hold around 170 people
                        This is a rumor I had heard. Is this good / verified information? Where'd ya hear from?

Comment

• It is coming from a sergeant who teaches at the academy and the troop D commander. My buddy or into the backfill list from the last selection and he messaged me this information today.

Comment

• Good to hear.

Comment

• I heard something was supposed to be coming in March as well. Could be as simple as an announcement or as big as a class starting... For what its worth, I've been following the budgeting in NYS as they allocate funds to various departments and all of those seem to be going smoothly with annual budgets getting renewed/approved on time so far. Very cryptic process, I really wish we had some concrete info to work with.

Comment

• So if we are pretty sure the class will be March 2nd, then Medical would in theory be somewhere around the 7th of Feb, and a medical invite the first or second week of January?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5566 users online. 241 members and 5325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X