Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told by my former congressman, Mike Arcuri who came to my wedding, a retired captain with the NYSP, who was one of my professors, and another trooper I know who was a city cop in my area.. That once you pass the polygraph you are basically "in". Arcuri told me that the state doesn't have money to waste, if they didn't want you then they wouldn't go beyond the polygraph. I think as long your BI gives you a solid review and you passed everything else in the processing phase you should have nothing to worry about. I knew a guy who passed everything but showed up to meet his BI in jeans and on his social media account had a picture of him in front of a pot growing field in Afghanistan.. Well needless to say he got DQ'd but it wasn't for no reason. So as long as you all passed everything and left on a good foot with your BI, I wouldn't worry much. Although I keep telling my self all of this but I'll worry less when I get my acceptance letter, and I hope all of you do to!

Comment

• Does anyone know what are the benefits for New York state police. I never really looked into that part.

Comment

• The medical takes only a few hours, and that's because there's a line. You're really just seeing the doc for like 15 minutes. They ask you a few things, look at your body, and you're done. Most will get out before noon.

If you're among those in the holding pattern, just enjoy your freedom, and make sure you meet the 70% Cooper standards for pushup/situp/runs. While it's true you "only" need the 50% at first, you don't want to cut it close, especially in week one when they first test you. Let's just say you won't be at optimal awakeness.

Feel free to PM me with questions. This board has helped me in the past so I'll gladly give back.

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
          Does anyone know what are the benefits for New York state police. I never really looked into that part.
          You get to wear a cowboy hat and purple tie. What more do you want?

Comment

• Originally posted by Citykid33 View Post
            You get to wear a cowboy hat and purple tie. What more do you want?
            You make a valid point lol. The uniform is pretty awesome

Comment

• They give you the physical fitness test again when you first get there?

Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
              The medical takes only a few hours, and that's because there's a line. You're really just seeing the doc for like 15 minutes. They ask you a few things, look at your body, and you're done. Most will get out before noon.

If you're among those in the holding pattern, just enjoy your freedom, and make sure you meet the 70% Cooper standards for pushup/situp/runs. While it's true you "only" need the 50% at first, you don't want to cut it close, especially in week one when they first test you. Let's just say you won't be at optimal awakeness.

Feel free to PM me with questions. This board has helped me in the past so I'll gladly give back.

Comment

• I think it's during the first week to see where everyone is at. Since the last time they took it was 6 months ago

Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                They give you the physical fitness test again when you first get there?

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                  I think it's during the first week to see where everyone is at. Since the last time they took it was 6 months ago
                  If you are looking to increase your stamina for cardio, I would highly suggest doing Insanity. My 5 mile run went from 45 minutes to 40 minutes and my 1.5 mile went from 12 minutes to 10 minutes after not running for 2 months and doing Insanity instead. I did this last January and am currently having another go at it to try and get my numbers down even more. Just running will only get you so far in getting your numbers down. I would also suggest the original P90X Back and Chest workout to help increase your pushups. I still am almost to puking when I finish that workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                    If you are looking to increase your stamina for cardio, I would highly suggest doing Insanity. My 5 mile run went from 45 minutes to 40 minutes and my 1.5 mile went from 12 minutes to 10 minutes after not running for 2 months and doing Insanity instead. I did this last January and am currently having another go at it to try and get my numbers down even more. Just running will only get you so far in getting your numbers down. I would also suggest the original P90X Back and Chest workout to help increase your pushups. I still am almost to puking when I finish that workout.
                    +1 on insanity

Back when I was massively pathetic (years ago) I started insanity. I dropped 30lbs quickly. The only thing with insanity is for bigger guys it is a ton of stress on the knees. I stopped with it and started running. Either way it helped me loose the first 30 and you can never become comfortable with it. As long as you push it will whoop your butt.

Comment

• What list number are they up to for this next academy class? I'm 50XX and just trying to figure out when they might start the process for my exam score.

Comment

• I think they have invited close to 2000 for each processing. So you likely will be in the next batch, or at least on the cusp.

Comment

• The recruiter I spoke with in my Troop said they have invited up to the rank of 3,609.

Comment

• Appreciate the info guys.

Comment

• Ya I thought I had heard 3800 somewhere. Something close I guess..

Comment

• Yeah, I could be wrong give or take a couple hundred. Recruiter said 3,609 and Whitty heard around 3,800 so lets split the numbers and say around 3,700 have been invited so far.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4366 users online. 224 members and 4142 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X