Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Probably just about anything.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
      Probably just about anything.
      I think your probably right. Does anyone know how long it takes into the Academy before benefits kick in like health insurance. I imagine my reserve tricare is still better than NYS health plans but I'm curious none the less...

      Comment


      • I believe around a month

        Comment


        • I was thinking about something random last night...anyone know anything about height and weight standards? Is it just proportional, or do they have set weight range you have to fall into. I can pass the cooper at the graduation standard but have always had trouble falling within height and weight standards. According to the national Institute of health, at 5'7" I should be between 115 and 154. Just curious if anyone has any input?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
            I was thinking about something random last night...anyone know anything about height and weight standards? Is it just proportional, or do they have set weight range you have to fall into. I can pass the cooper at the graduation standard but have always had trouble falling within height and weight standards. According to the national Institute of health, at 5'7" I should be between 115 and 154. Just curious if anyone has any input?
            the weight range you gave is correct about how much you should be at that height. How much do you weight right now?

            Comment


            • Like 175. So I'm gonna have to stop working out entirely and go on an extreme diet if I'm gonna fall within those by late January or early February. ...

              Comment


              • ................
                Last edited by Whitty; 12-08-2014, 11:22 AM.

                Comment


                • It Seems as though the SP may have had some issues related to the processing in the past, as far as having enough qualified applicants, because everytime I call and ask about a requirement, they say "we don't do that anymore." Turns out they don't check height and weight anymore at all - according to member hiring. Tried to pry some additional itel - she stated that they are shooting for a March class, so a january/Feb medical. With this being said, she said that they have received no official word on any thing at this point. I don't think I'd hold my breath for a med letter before Christmas at this point - but maybe just after the first of the year!

                  Comment


                  • So what do they do in the medical then if it's not weight and height? And I think you should be fine if they don't check the weight portion then

                    Comment


                    • I'd still like to lose some weight as I get closer regardless. I'd imagine they do an overall health assessment of you like a sports physical. And review your medical records they have obtained. And she said they will ask you your size for uniforms and pt gear...

                      Comment


                      • 10characters
                        Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 03:34 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                          It Seems as though the SP may have had some issues related to the processing in the past, as far as having enough qualified applicants, because everytime I call and ask about a requirement, they say "we don't do that
                          anymore." Turns out they don't check height and weight anymore at all - according to member hiring. Tried to pry some additional itel - she stated that they are shooting for a March class, so a january/Feb medical. With this being said, she said that they have received no official word on any thing at this point. I don't think I'd hold my breath for a med letter before Christmas at this point - but maybe just after the first of the year!

                          I guess I don't have to look out in the Mail until January then. Thanks for the detail man

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                            I guess I don't have to look out in the Mail until January then. Thanks for the detail man
                            You can always hope! But I wouldn't be camping at the mailbox just yet. At this point it sounds as though they and we are in a holding pattern, but I think the first of the year will bring good news. In less than a month this could be nearly over!

                            Comment


                            • Are we allowed to travel outside the country while waiting for our medical invite?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by hangloose View Post
                                Are we allowed to travel outside the country while waiting for our medical invite?
                                I don't see how they could restrict your travel - even after your hired. So I would say your good to go. Might raise some questions if you to Afghanistan and your not in the military but I'm sure a vacation to the tropics is fine

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7720 users online. 395 members and 7325 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X