300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
    I'm curious to know if the rejection letters come before or after the medical letters...
    Rejection letters come before and after medical.

Comment

• I'm just hoping everyone here gets a medical letter. We all been waiting so long nd came so far already.

Comment

• anyone got any new update about the academy or meds?

Comment

• Still waiting...not expecting anything for a bit. I imagine Albany will be cold in Feb

Comment

Still waiting...not expecting anything for a bit. I imagine Albany will be cold in Feb
            you think thats when the academy will be?

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
              you think thats when the academy will be?
              Lol I feel like we have had this discussion before. Sometime between when the current class graduates on the 14th and the first week of March is my guestimate and what I've heard...

Comment

• You got that right. Albany can get extremely cold in Feb. I got my B.A. from SUNY Albany so I was there for a few winters.

Comment

• Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
                  You got that right. Albany can get extremely cold in Feb. I got my B.A. from SUNY Albany so I was there for a few winters.
                  The wind chill is the worst in Albany. I spent 5 years living there for pharmacy school.

Comment

• I am not to familiar with member hiring so I just wanted to ask a few questions that maybe someone could answer. Is it a panel of people or just a single person who decides who gets accepted into the academy and who get a dq letter? Does anyone know if these people are uniformed troopers or civilians? And what kinds of things factor into who get selected and who gets disqualified. I know the obvious things get looked at like criminal history etc... but how much does say advanced education and previous military weigh into the decision. I know everything is a case by case basis but I was just curious if anyone knew.

Comment

• I have no actual evidence - but my understanding is that experience, military, and education have little weight in civil service situations like this. I was told that as long as you meet the basic qualifications and they don't find anything negative in your poly or background your as good as anyone else. I was told by troopers that the highschool kid with the basic college credit hour requirements who works at Mc Donalds with no life experience has the same chance as someone like me, with 10 years military, combat vet, bachelor's and two masters degrees, and 6+ years of law enforcement experience. But that's just my uneducated two cents...

Comment

• If you meet the basic requirements, and have the heart and motivation, they will make you into what they want you to be...

Comment

• Anyone else in the reserve or guard and wonder what your gonna do if you get into the academy? Has anyone talked to their unit about workarounds or an extended absence?

Comment

Anyone else in the reserve or guard and wonder what your gonna do if you get into the academy? Has anyone talked to their unit about workarounds or an extended absence?
                            Since the training for guard and reserve are during the weekend you will be excused to leave early on fridays

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                              Since the training for guard and reserve are during the weekend you will be excused to leave early on fridays
                              Really?

Comment

• Anyone know what people can get DQ for on this poly and background.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12282 users online. 444 members and 11838 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X