Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For military people on here!

    Second Supplemental Trooper Entrance Examination

    The second Supplemental Trooper Entrance Examination for MILITARY PERSONNEL who APPLIED PRIOR TO THE APPLICATION DEADLINE OF September 8, 2013 has been scheduled for Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 9:00 AM at the New York State Police Academy 1220 Washington Avenue, Bldg. 24, Albany, New York 12226.

    Comment


    • Hey guys,
      I have been reading this thread everyday for the past month or so while going through the process but have not posted anything yet. I am currently a college senior, have made it through everything so far and my investigator is finishing up my background investigation now. I really hope we get the medical letters in the mail somewhat soon, I have to decide if I am going to take my remaining 10 credits or not next semester. If i make it into the academy I will receive these 10 credits from my university upon completion of the academy.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Spartans92 View Post
        Hey guys,
        I have been reading this thread everyday for the past month or so while going through the process but have not posted anything yet. I am currently a college senior, have made it through everything so far and my investigator is finishing up my background investigation now. I really hope we get the medical letters in the mail somewhat soon, I have to decide if I am going to take my remaining 10 credits or not next semester. If i make it into the academy I will receive these 10 credits from my university upon completion of the academy.
        No one really knows when the academy will be. We all hope we would get med invites this month which would mean the academy would start the week after the current one, which is in February. but we all think it will start sometime in march

        Comment


        • Hi Spartan,

          I am in the exact same situation as you. You can private message me if you would like!

          Originally posted by Spartans92 View Post
          Hey guys,
          I have been reading this thread everyday for the past month or so while going through the process but have not posted anything yet. I am currently a college senior, have made it through everything so far and my investigator is finishing up my background investigation now. I really hope we get the medical letters in the mail somewhat soon, I have to decide if I am going to take my remaining 10 credits or not next semester. If i make it into the academy I will receive these 10 credits from my university upon completion of the academy.

          Comment


          • Good morning, This is probably a misunderstanding on my part but I thought all backgrounds had to be finished and forwarded to our troop headquarters on November 3rd and from there they would be sent to Albany? Mine was complete and sent off on November 3rd according to my BI, Is there a reason some peoples background investigations are still being done? Just curious.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
              Good morning, This is probably a misunderstanding on my part but I thought all backgrounds had to be finished and forwarded to our troop headquarters on November 3rd and from there they would be sent to Albany? Mine was complete and sent off on November 3rd according to my BI, Is there a reason some peoples background investigations are still being done? Just curious.
              Nope I think your right and others are just confused..

              Comment


              • I was fine throughout the whole process but now I can honestly say the wait is starting to get to me. I am feeling anxious and nervous at this point. I guess it could be all the unanswered questions, and fear of the unknown.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
                  I was fine throughout the whole process but now I can honestly say the wait is starting to get to me. I am feeling anxious and nervous at this point. I guess it could be all the unanswered questions, and fear of the unknown.
                  Right there with you.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by cs288515 View Post
                    Good morning, This is probably a misunderstanding on my part but I thought all backgrounds had to be finished and forwarded to our troop headquarters on November 3rd and from there they would be sent to Albany? Mine was complete and sent off on November 3rd according to my BI, Is there a reason some peoples background investigations are still being done? Just curious.
                    My background was completed on November 13th, so I am assuming that the November 3rd was not the correct last day for backgrounds. I was freaking out because I did not actually hear anything about my BI starting the process until November 6th but he assured me when he stopped at my parents and I was there that everything was fine and he had heard nothing but good things while talking to everybody in my background.

                    Comment


                    • Not that it matters at this point - but my BI said Nov 3rd as well. Rxgeoff was probably just a late bloomer

                      Comment


                      • Yea, just glad that everyone here is successfully making it through the process. We have all made it so far to get to this point.

                        Comment


                        • I'm curious to know if the rejection letters come before or after the medical letters...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                            I'm curious to know if the rejection letters come before or after the medical letters...
                            I have read past posts before and the rejections letter came 1 week before the med invites

                            Comment


                            • Here is a link I came across with a video at a quick look inside the academy from a Syracuse news station.


                              http://www.localsyr.com/story/d/stor...kUqNuFW4D8BJuQ

                              Comment


                              • I saw this short video as well. It was very informative and it seems similar to military training, a lot of attention to detail. I am also curious if rejection letters come out before or at the same time as the med invite letters. I know what previous threads have said but maybe things are different now. I tend to take information with a grain of salt until I have proof in hand.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5270 users online. 266 members and 5004 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X