300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
    As an experienced and wise man on these forums one said, “if you are motivated and not a knucklehead, you’ll do just fine.”

Just call me the RUDY of the bunch.

Thanks for the props, but who is Rudy?
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      Thanks for the props, but who is Rudy?
      Hey SDT anytime. Where ya been lately??? Must be your phone made it through the last round of thunderstorms.

Apparently you haven't seen the movie RUDY, where a guy plays football for Notre Dame. Although I'm not the runt of the litter, he definitly was. No matter how much they tried to make him quit, he just wouldn't give in. He was all heart and gave 110% all the time and actually got some playing time towards the end of the season. Decent movie and I do believe it was based on a true story.

Comment

Hey SDT anytime. Where ya been lately??? Must be your phone made it through the last round of thunderstorms.
        He's been planning his retirement for the Bahamas.

It must feel good to be so close. We only have to do 20 years to get a foot up on in his boat.
        sigpic
        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

Apparently you haven't seen the movie RUDY, where a guy plays football for Notre Dame. Although I'm not the runt of the litter, he definitly was. No matter how much they tried to make him quit, he just wouldn't give in. He was all heart and gave 110% all the time and actually got some playing time towards the end of the season. Decent movie and I do believe it was based on a true story.
          I haven't been on much lately, too much to do in the summer.

I almost wish for thunderstoms, it's been so dry lately.

I never saw the movie, and I'm not retiring any time soon.

That should probably be four paragraphs, but anyway, we carry straight batons. (OK, five paragraphs)

Comment

• straight batons....thanks for the feedback guys.

Comment

• Dq

Well, I recieved the official DQ today. I'm not sure why it took them so long to determine I didn't meet the requirements, but I guess thats the way the cookie crumbles. Time to move on to bigger and better I guess Good luck to all those attending the medical this weekend, you're almost there. Who knows, maybe one day you'll see me cruising down the highway on my bike with my bushy handlebar mustache and my long locks of hair blowing in the wind.

Willeck out.

Comment

• Willeck,
                Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other and future opportunities.

Comment

• Take care willeck, good luck in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by willeck View Post
                    Well, I recieved the official DQ today. I'm not sure why it took them so long to determine I didn't meet the requirements, but I guess thats the way the cookie crumbles. Time to move on to bigger and better I guess Good luck to all those attending the medical this weekend, you're almost there. Who knows, maybe one day you'll see me cruising down the highway on my bike with my bushy handlebar mustache and my long locks of hair blowing in the wind.

Willeck out.

So sorry you didn't make it man. Did they atleast give a reason why? If no reason stated you do have the right to find out. Either way, good luck with whichever path you choose.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Willeck. Keep your head up and try again.

When does the current class graduate?

Mike

Comment

• Nothing like waiting to the last minute.....

So I get a call from member hiring today saying that they never received my college transcripts. I had mailed them out months ago, prior to my medical in November. Then I get another call saying that my physical has expired from last April and I need to have another one before this weekend. They said they mailed the letter stating this information to the wrong person with a similar name. Driving me crazy...

Comment

• Good luck to everyone going to the medical. We are still short on the road and although one class is not going to solve our problems... every recruit that decides he/she can put up with being yelled at and pushed till he thinks he can't go any further 6 days a week for 26 weeks, who makes it out on the road and through FTO helps. The nice thing is the PBA is trying to get us 32 years max service and up the retirement age to 60 so maybe I can retire at 57 with 32 years of service and 70% average of my highest 3 years... even better... maybe they will get us 75@25 by the time I have to worry about it and I can go at 50.

Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                          They use the ASP straight friction lock collapsable type batons. I believe they can also use the Monadnock ball bearing lock collapsable batons too. As far as I know the side handle batons and straight wooden ones are no longer used, but maybe they still have a choice of personal preference.
                          I'd like to know when I started carrying an ASP? I'd like to carry an ASP because my stick has not come out of the velcro straps on top of my patrol bag since the academy unless I'm trying to get the 3 extra sets of handcuffs I have locked around my stick... 2 max security prisons and 1 shock camp all within 25 miles of my barracks means plenty cars with multiple 'clients'

Originally posted by willeck View Post

Willeck out.
                          Sorry to hear you didn't make the grade... There are days that I wish I was the one with the bushy beard on the back of a bike cruising around without a care in the world. I really can't do the long hair unless I go Gallagher as I have about 30 hair per sq in left on top. I had thick hair (too thick for hot summers) till I took this job then it all fell out... I wonder if I can sue the state for some kind of mental anguish over the job making me go bald

Good luck in whatever you move on to.

Originally posted by trooperCand View Post
                          Nothing like waiting to the last minute.....

So I get a call from member hiring today saying that they never received my college transcripts. I had mailed them out months ago, prior to my medical in November. Then I get another call saying that my physical has expired from last April and I need to have another one before this weekend. They said they mailed the letter stating this information to the wrong person with a similar name. Driving me crazy...
                          Send your stuff return reciept requested or registered or whatever it is that someone has to sign for it so you have proof you

The day I got the huge yellow envelope with the Trooper in the upper left corner telling me I had been appointed to the 187th class... I actually got 2 envelopes... both addressed to me but I though nothing of it because I grew up with both parents working for the state and knew that Albany is far from efficient. Then I get to the academy and I thought they were playing with me because there were 2 nametags with my name and then my name was on my dorm room twice also. Shortly after that... another future Trooper from downstate walked in and introduced himself... two of us with the same name made things fun. They sent his package to me. The only reason he knew he had recieved an appointment... he got worried about no hearing anything and called something like 2 days before we were supposed to report and was told that he had recieved an appointment. Had he not called they would have taken it as he blew us off and written him off.
                          Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM.
                          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Willeck, Good luck with what ever you chose to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDTROOPER View Post
                              Sorry to hear that Willeck. Keep your head up and try again.

When does the current class graduate?

Mike

July 16th

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                I'd like to know when I started carrying an ASP? I'd like to carry an ASP because my stick has not come out of the velcro straps on top of my patrol bag since the academy unless I'm trying to get the 3 extra sets of handcuffs I have locked around my stick... 2 max security prisons and 1 shock camp all within 25 miles of my barracks means plenty cars with multiple 'clients'
                                Really, that's odd. I've seen many Troopers in the NYC area carrying ASP batons, including the recruiters and reg Troopers at NYC HQ. I also remember talking to a Trooper who said they can also use the Monadnock ball bearing lock straight baton. Like I said earlier, maybe you can have the choice or certain areas have the choice. Another reason could be if you have some time on the job maybe the newer guys are getting the ASP. I personally like the side-handle batons, but I think most departments have stopped using them. Let me know if you figure out why this is.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8386 users online. 305 members and 8081 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X