300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the expectated next class?
    Last edited by Orion31; 11-13-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orion31 View Post
      Hey everybody!
      First time posting, mostly doing a lot of forum reading. My background investigation/poly/psych process are complete and BI said his report is complete. How soon after should I expect to receive a letter regarding medical invite? For example if all BI reports are due back to Albany November 14th what is the time frame that letters will be sent out? How soon after did the last class receive there medical invites once background/poly/psych were completed?
      Did your BI tell you the reports are due on 11/14?

Comment

• Backgrounds are due to Albany by November 14th, and typically you hear about the medical within a month. With Thanksgiving, it may be a little longer. Your BI does not have to contact you to let you know they are done, but most do. Mine called me today to ask a few last questions and then let me know that he would be submitting my information later today. He brought things up that I would have never remembered. At least they let you explain yourself. Wish I took the exam when I was in my early 20's rather than my late 20's, it would have been a lot easier to remember everything. We should know where we stand before Christmas (hopefully), but things do not always go as planned. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCan View Post
          Did your BI tell you the reports are due on 11/14?
          No my BI didnt tell me that
          Last edited by Orion31; 11-13-2014, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• How important is the background investigators opinion for the selection process? For example, if an applicants investigator said they believe you would make a good state trooper when asked, does that mean you have a good chance of being accepted into the academy?

Comment

• Investigators don't have to tell you anything but sometimes they do as a courtesy. Medical invites usually occur about 30 days before a class starts. It's a very basic exam. They won't start a new class until the current one graduates. Once a BI is completed you won't hear anything unless your BI gets kicked back for some reason. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, they just may need further info on you. Next, expect a letter, medical invite or otherwise. Selection is done by a committee, taking the findings of the BI into account
              Last edited by Citykid33; 11-14-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• I was informed by a reliable source this morning that the next class has already been approved. Just some food for thought for everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                  I was informed by a reliable source this morning that the next class has already been approved. Just some food for thought for everybody.
                  I heard something to the same effect. Also heard early March for a start date. Just to inject a little hope / motivation into the mix.

Comment

• I have contacted my recruiter and told me the med invites will be around January right after new years. so for now no news is good news. He had also told me anyone that is a minority has a higher chance of getting appointed because they really trying to strive for diversity. I didnt see too many minority during the processing so out chances should be high anyone that made it this far.

Comment

• does anyone know how many candidates are we up to since processing. We had almost 2000 and how much made it to the background

Comment

• Originally posted by zombiemap View Post
                        I have contacted my recruiter and told me the med invites will be around January right after new years. so for now no news is good news. He had also told me anyone that is a minority has a higher chance of getting appointed because they really trying to strive for diversity. I didnt see too many minority during the processing so out chances should be high anyone that made it this far.
                        This sounds like good news to me.

Comment

• To my knowledge hiring is done soley based on list # and passing the steps of processing... Unlike much of NY where there are seperate-but-not-equal lists where minorities get hired first regardless of their scores or qualifications (Syracuse for example). I wouldnt pat yourself on the back too quickly for being a minority. Not sure why the recruiter would tell you that though....

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                            To my knowledge hiring is done soley based on list # and passing the steps of processing... Unlike much of NY where there are seperate-but-not-equal lists where minorities get hired first regardless of their scores or qualifications (Syracuse for example). I wouldnt pat yourself on the back too quickly for being a minority. Not sure why the recruiter would tell you that though....
                            The recruiter told me if minorities passed all phases they got a higher chance of getting it because the Agency wants diversity, they dont get extra points or anything, They get the same treatment as us non minorities but they tend to look for them more thru selection process in albany which they are probably doing now.

Comment

• Anyone also know how many people are left after doing the polygraph and background, I know we started close to 2000, but do the numbers drop a lot ?/

Comment

• Does not really make sense to me...but I gotcha.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8571 users online. 249 members and 8322 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X