Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your BI contact you to let you know that he has finished?

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
      Does your BI contact you to let you know that he has finished?
      Mine did. I'm not sure if they are required too.

Comment

• Did anyone else get contacted for medical records?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
          Did anyone else get contacted for medical records?
          I am still waiting on my BI…he called and asked me some questions Wednesday, but has still yet to contact references/past and current employes/ etc.

Comment

• I talked to member hiring today and they said no dates for anything yet and no pt at all at final medical. I thought the last class did push ups and sit ups. She said its been four or five years since they have done that. She said its just a medical exam now. I couda sworn the last class did pt at it. Only reason I was curious was because I am gonna have a voluntary surgery in Nov or Dec and didnt want it to interfere with that part of the medical...just thought id give you all a heads up. The Feb/march potential class still needs to be funded so no med on the docket...

Comment

• Are there any military vets here that are currently undergoing to the selection process and also currently using their gi bill?

Comment

• I plan to.

Comment

• Any new words/news/rumors on when the next academy might be?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangloose View Post
                    Any new words/news/rumors on when the next academy might be?
                    The current class graduates on February 10th. They started the week after the class before them graduated. So it could be sometime around February 16th and after. Word is that it has not been passed yet, but the chances that it does not get funded are next to nothing. If I was to guess, and this is purely a guess, I would think sometime late February, early March.

Comment

• Hello all I just got word from my background investigator ask he asked me a few last questions that he was done with my background investigation and was submitting the package to Albany. I have no criminal history, a BA, was nervous on the Poly I tried weed before in college and but only once. Poly guy said I reacted to almost everything especially drug part but I know its because was nervous. I only had one traffic violation which was dismissed back in 2011 for something in school. One job fired from which they still gave me a good review and once time got written up from another job. My current job gave super review. The only thing im worried about is that I applied for NJSP back in 2012 and was declined to join the academy in the final stage of the process i explained its because i **** the bed on the review NO DQ just a letter saying not being advanced. Do you think im F**ked because of NJ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                        The current class graduates on February 10th. They started the week after the class before them graduated. So it could be sometime around February 16th and after. Word is that it has not been passed yet, but the chances that it does not get funded are next to nothing. If I was to guess, and this is purely a guess, I would think sometime late February, early March.
                        As per my BI, the next academy might be at April. I hope that it would be on february.

Comment

• Originally posted by jburgos7 View Post
                          Hello all I just got word from my background investigator ask he asked me a few last questions that he was done with my background investigation and was submitting the package to Albany. I have no criminal history, a BA, was nervous on the Poly I tried weed before in college and but only once. Poly guy said I reacted to almost everything especially drug part but I know its because was nervous. I only had one traffic violation which was dismissed back in 2011 for something in school. One job fired from which they still gave me a good review and once time got written up from another job. My current job gave super review. The only thing im worried about is that I applied for NJSP back in 2012 and was declined to join the academy in the final stage of the process i explained its because i **** the bed on the review NO DQ just a letter saying not being advanced. Do you think im F**ked because of NJ?
                          Ok. Breathe. Everything needs to be put in perspective before answering your question.
                          1. Why were you fired?
                          2. What was the traffic violation?
                          3. Did you admit to trying weed BEFORE the polygraph?
                          4. Is there something you didn't tell them that they found out?
                          5. What does "because i **** the bed on the review" mean exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                            Ok. Breathe. Everything needs to be put in perspective before answering your question.
                            1. Why were you fired?
                            2. What was the traffic violation?
                            3. Did you admit to trying weed BEFORE the polygraph?
                            4. Is there something you didn't tell them that they found out?
                            5. What does "because i **** the bed on the review" mean exactly?
                            1. was sick on my allowed vacation needed additional sick days came back with doctors note was let go. Job confirmed also still gave me a great review

2. reckless driving basically hid a frat brother in trunk late night on campus made a left to the school it was a ridiculous campus police ticket which was dismissed.

3. yes i admitted it

4. nothing new that was brought up that wasn't disclosed

5. I S* the bed basically saying I panicked when they came down hard on me. Basically because NJ goes hard if you drink at all so it was basic photos of me with a drink in my hand and also because I had just gotten let go earlier so I thought it was a last resort. I didn't get disqualified I just wasn't chosen to be in the elite 150 and was told to try again in a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jburgos7 View Post
                              1. was sick on my allowed vacation needed additional sick days came back with doctors note was let go. Job confirmed also still gave me a great review

2. reckless driving basically hid a frat brother in trunk late night on campus made a left to the school it was a ridiculous campus police ticket which was dismissed.

3. yes i admitted it

4. nothing new that was brought up that wasn't disclosed

5. I S* the bed basically saying I panicked when they came down hard on me. Basically because NJ goes hard if you drink at all so it was basic photos of me with a drink in my hand and also because I had just gotten let go earlier so I thought it was a last resort. I didn't get disqualified I just wasn't chosen to be in the elite 150 and was told to try again in a year.
                              I am going to comment on this as nicely as I can. Take it for what its worth (probably not a whole lot). As a police officer, and a potential classmate of yours in the future, I have to say that your post sounds as though you are making quite a few excuses for stupid things you have done, and failing to "own up" to your mistakes. With this being said, I could have misinterpreted your comments - and as always - this is the internet - and I may be reading too far into what you posted. My cop "spidey sense" is just raising red flags all over the place. Stating things like you being "let go" for "needed[ing] additional sick days", and getting tickets from "ridiculous campus police" and "basic photos of me with a drink in my hand" just stinks of a lack of responsibility, and an unwillingness to even share with us the basic and actual facts of the situation - which we would need if you wanted any type of opinion from us.

Stepping off my soapbox - you make it sound as though you failed the NYSP polygraph. If you did, then I would imagine you are pretty much done. If you didn't, then it sounds as though your indiscretions are mostly minor - though I really have no way to tell. I would think that the NJSP DQ is not going to have any play on whether you get the job as a NY trooper - but if I were you I would work on two things:

1. Take responsibility for your actions and / or stupidity - we are all human and make mistakes. Own up to them and you should be fine. Trying to downplay them is not only petty - but makes me as a possible future classmate worried that in an academy environment you are not going to step up and take responsibility for your mistakes - and we will all pay for it as a result.

2. Learn to proof read. Again - its the internet and we all make simple spelling and grammar mistakes. I know typing from my smartphone I make mistakes all the time on here. But your writing is atrocious, and it may have been the reason that I don't understand half of what you posted - and may have led me and other to misunderstand where you are coming from.

In the end - best of luck.

Comment

• So that my only post today isn't a downer - is everyone getting pumped for a possible Feb / March Academy? Whats everyone doing to get prepared? Being a cop, former Marine, and a current reserve Airman, I am in "decent" shape - and can pass the NYSP PT test with not much effort. I hit the gym five days a week - running somewhere between 3-5 miles a day - for a total of 15-20 a week. Usually around an 8 minute mile pace - which I probably should speed up - but its comfortable at that speed for longer distances. I run the 1.5 mile in about 10 min flat. If anyone is struggling with pushups and / or situps, id recommend the 100 pushup and 200 situp plans. If you google either phrase you will see what I mean - they both have easy to use online plans to increase each respectively. It has helped drastically increase my pushups and situps - and its a plan that covers something like 8 weeks - so you can still start it and finish it before any potential academy.

I am trying not to get too ahead of myself as I realize the board in Albany can still kill my package, but I am pretty excited to have made it this far. For those not in a law enforcement career - all I can say is it is a blast - and I have heard nothing but the best about NYSP. As a fellow law enforcement officer - they have also treated me with respect through the entire process - unlike other agencies (PSP for example...). Lets keep this thread alive and well - Im tired of seeing that US Marshal thread at the top

Also - you guys who live in NY, PA, or NJ are super lucky. In addition to worrying about whether I even get it - I have to figure out how to "retire" from my current job, move my family from CO to NY, sell a house, transfer Air Force Units, find someone to hold all my "evil" weapons that NY wont let me bring, etc all in a week or two time frame. Consider yourself lucky in that regard...
                                Last edited by Whitty; 11-10-2014, 02:45 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9472 users online. 272 members and 9200 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X