Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard when medical letters are estimated to come out? Any good rumors? I tried to read through and figure out estimates on timelines for past classes - and my best guess was sometime between mid-December and mid-January. Any other thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
      Has anyone heard when medical letters are estimated to come out? Any good rumors? I tried to read through and figure out estimates on timelines for past classes - and my best guess was sometime between mid-December and mid-January. Any other thoughts?
      Assuming that I pass my BI, I expect that the final medical would be on the 1st week of January. Good luck to all.

Comment

• The medical is usually 1 month before the academy starts right? So based on the date of the medical, we can safely assume it is a month away.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
          The medical is usually 1 month before the academy starts right? So based on the date of the medical, we can safely assume it is a month away.
          That's what I was thinking - but then member hiring said maybe a March Academy - which messes up that estimate / calculation...

Comment

• I have a question for those who have gone through the academy. How difficult are the classes at the academy? Do people tend to struggle with the academics? This is what I am most nervous about. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
              That's what I was thinking - but then member hiring said maybe a March Academy - which messes up that estimate / calculation...
              True. I guess we should be safe and prepare for it to be a week after the current one graduates.

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
                I am guessing next year around November. Passaic County
                Thats cool. I used to go out to Somerset County a lot. And yes I hope that it is definitely sometime in the later part of the year. For now we will have to keep our fingers crossed that our rank numbers will come up for processing then.
                NYSP
                Score: 97.x

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                  Hopefully I'll be after you guys, rank 70XX.
                  Yea, Hopefully you will get called at the same time that we do with your rank number.
                  NYSP
                  Score: 97.x

Comment

I have a question for those who have gone through the academy. How difficult are the classes at the academy? Do people tend to struggle with the academics? This is what I am most nervous about. Thank you!

Yes, the academics are challenging. Prepare to study as hard as you've ever studied. There is a ton of material covered in the 4 module exams. Every class there are a handful of people that are dismissed due to not meeting academic standards. It's doable, but expect to study constantly.

Also they currently give Troop preference based on your exam average. So there's significant competition to do well or get sent to the boonies.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                      Yes, the academics are challenging. Prepare to study as hard as you've ever studied. There is a ton of material covered in the 4 module exams. Every class there are a handful of people that are dismissed due to not meeting academic standards. It's doable, but expect to study constantly.

Also they currently give Troop preference based on your exam average. So there's significant competition to do well or get sent to the boonies.
                      Thanks a lot for your response. I am currently a senior in college, and have above a 3.0 GPA. Do you think I should be OK? Or is it totally different from college? I guess what I'm asking is -- Do they set you up to pass, so that the people who just don't try or study end up failing, or is it set up in a way that makes it difficult to do well?

Also, wow-- that is definitely an incentive to do well.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your response. I am currently a senior in college, and have above a 3.0 GPA. Do you think I should be OK? Or is it totally different from college? I guess what I'm asking is -- Do they set you up to pass, so that the people who just don't try or study end up failing, or is it set up in a way that makes it difficult to do well?

Also, wow-- that is definitely an incentive to do well.

Thanks again for your help.
                        If you put effort into it, you will pass. Don't be afraid to get help from others. A few that I know failed out thought they could do it themselves. Everybody is in it together to help you pass the exams... even the ATOs. They give you mandatory quiet study time so take advantage of it. Again, it's not easy but if you put in the time and effort you should have no problem.

Comment

• Does anybody know when Backgrounds should be complete. I passed my Poly almost 3 weeks ago and my references and current/past employers have yet to be contacted. Thank you for any input.
                          Last edited by rxgeoff; 11-04-2014, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• I was told by my BI they are being turned in this week. But if medical letters are coming out in Dec you still have plenty of time. All my contacts were done in like a 2 or 3 day time frame. It was suprising - super quick. You still have plenty of time!
                            Last edited by Whitty; 11-04-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                              If you put effort into it, you will pass. Don't be afraid to get help from others. A few that I know failed out thought they could do it themselves. Everybody is in it together to help you pass the exams... even the ATOs. They give you mandatory quiet study time so take advantage of it. Again, it's not easy but if you put in the time and effort you should have no problem.
                              Ok great. That puts my mind a little more at ease. Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
                                Does anybody know when Backgrounds should be complete. I passed my Poly almost 3 weeks ago and my references and current/past employers have yet to be contacted. Thank you for any input.
                                Mine is done. So probably this week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4535 users online. 210 members and 4325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X