300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
    Well, they've already processed 4,000. If they process 4,000 a year, and everything goes as planned, within 2-3 years.
    Well since they've processed 4,000 already so far this year, I was wondering as my list number is in the very low 6,000's when might I get called for the academy. I just wanted to get some sort of idea if and when I may be processed. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Xstioner; 10-17-2014, 10:35 AM.
    NYSP
    Score: 97.x

Comment

• No problem. I would say within the next 2 waves. The latest would probably be August 2015.

Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
      Well since they've processed 4,000 already so far this year, I was wondering as my list number is in the very low 6,000's when might I get called for the academy. I just wanted to get some sort of idea if and when I may be processed. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• I guess we'll soon find out! Either way, it's close. Are you running every day and conditioning?

Originally posted by Whitty View Post
        Rumors from bi and member hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
          I guess we'll soon find out! Either way, it's close. Are you running every day and conditioning?
          I've been going to the gym at least 5 days a week, which involves lifting and conditioning for the last few years. So hopefully that will put me at where I need to be once processing comes around. What is the time for the 1 and 1/2 mile run again? Thanks.
          NYSP

Comment

• http://nytrooper.com/fitness_levels.cfm

Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
            I've been going to the gym at least 5 days a week, which involves lifting and conditioning for the last few years. So hopefully that will put me at where I need to be once processing comes around. What is the time for the 1 and 1/2 mile run again? Thanks.

Comment

• Hey everyone,
              Glad to see the thread is still active. I meet with my BI last week for the interview and they had me out in about 1.5hrs... Seemed kinda fast. Got a call tonight asking me to come back in for further questioning. My record should be pretty clean and surprise-free... Is this unusual for the process to get called back in? I haven't even had my poly yet... Thxs for any thoughts.

Comment

• Im no expert but I wouldnt sweat it until they tell you to. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xstioner View Post

Idk if you read earlier but they haven't processed exactly 4,000... I'm ranked 3,7xx and didn't receive anything... When I called troop nyc they told me to not be concerned that they are currently at rank 3,609 and I should receive a packet for the next wave... From a credible source I've heard there are two more classes confirmed... I'm just patiently waiting training my tail off everyday waiting for my shot man... Best of luck..

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwork=Success View Post
                    Idk if you read earlier but they haven't processed exactly 4,000... I'm ranked 3,7xx and didn't receive anything... When I called troop nyc they told me to not be concerned that they are currently at rank 3,609 and I should receive a packet for the next wave... From a credible source I've heard there are two more classes confirmed... I'm just patiently waiting training my tail off everyday waiting for my shot man... Best of luck..
                    Yes, I actually did read that the list was currently at rank 3,609. Looks like you will be called for the next wave which is in Feb., correct? And which are the next two classes confirmed? And definitely keep training everyday, I am making sure to do the same myself hoping to get called for the class next August I think. Good luck to you in next class.
                    NYSP

Comment

• Thanks for putting up the link c_ob. Need to start running more regularly.
                      NYSP

Comment

I was being general. Sorry if I caused any confusion but yes you are correct they didn't process exactly 4,000. Thanks and best of luck to you too!

Comment

Thanks for putting up the link c_ob. Need to start running more regularly.
                          No problem!

Comment

Yes, I actually did read that the list was currently at rank 3,609. Looks like you will be called for the next wave which is in Feb., correct? And which are the next two classes confirmed? And definitely keep training everyday, I am making sure to do the same myself hoping to get called for the class next August I think. Good luck to you in next class.

Thanks man.. I'm just praying and working hard every day.. I've been prepping for a state police style academy for roughly 2 years... I was given a rough estimation of the time slot for the next class.. I'm just hoping everything pans out and I'm fortunate enough to get the job... I'm in the process with another department right now as they gave me a certification before nysp did.. It was kind of bittersweet because I was expecting to get processed with the wave that just went in and when I didnt i was stunned because i missed out by a 100 slots lol... I now might be in a position if I'm fortunate enough to gain employment with nysp that I'll go either back to back academies or I might have to process when I'm already in an academy where I have to live at a location and come home on weekends... either way it's a once in a life time thing to get offered a job of this magnitude.. I wish you the best man keep training and kicking the crap out of your body.. Run run run run and do more running till your body can't take it anymore lol...

Comment

Thanks man.. I'm just praying and working hard every day.. I've been prepping for a state police style academy for roughly 2 years... I was given a rough estimation of the time slot for the next class.. I'm just hoping everything pans out and I'm fortunate enough to get the job... I'm in the process with another department right now as they gave me a certification before nysp did.. It was kind of bittersweet because I was expecting to get processed with the wave that just went in and when I didnt i was stunned because i missed out by a 100 slots lol... I now might be in a position if I'm fortunate enough to gain employment with nysp that I'll go either back to back academies or I might have to process when I'm already in an academy where I have to live at a location and come home on weekends... either way it's a once in a life time thing to get offered a job of this magnitude.. I wish you the best man keep training and kicking the crap out of your body.. Run run run run and do more running till your body can't take it anymore lol...
                              You're welcome...and I am doing exactly the same as you every day...hoping that I will get the call for canditate processing. And congrats on both classes in both departments. I wish you the most luck with both of them and wherever you end up I'm sure you will be happy. I am excited as well as staying focused with training until they reach my rank number. Thank you as well for the luck as I hope that we both make it. I will continue to follow that regiment to run and lift until I can't anymore haha!
                              NYSP

Comment

You're welcome...and I am doing exactly the same as you every day...hoping that I will get the call for canditate processing. And congrats on both classes in both departments. I wish you the most luck with both of them and wherever you end up I'm sure you will be happy. I am excited as well as staying focused with training until they reach my rank number. Thank you as well for the luck as I hope that we both make it. I will continue to follow that regiment to run and lift until I can't anymore haha!

I just saw your rank.. You and I will probably get a call HOPEFULLY around the same time. I am ranked in the 6,0XX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7598 users online. 388 members and 7210 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X