300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
    In addition to the psychological...does anyone have any input on the poly? Just wanted an overall outlook from anyone on it.
    Don't lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyofficer9207 View Post
      Don't lie.
      Slightly more complicated then that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy-O
        Thanks bro. Will do. A while back someone mentioned to me that a deferment is good for 2 years after the list expires or 2 years after I'm discharged, whichever is soone. Makes sense, except what defines when a list "expires"? Is it when the 2013 exam was first administered? Before or after? Probably more of a question for member hiring.
        Like I said, contact member hiring. Good luck.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
          Slightly more complicated then that...
          Whitty can you please expand on your post...

nyofficer9207 - I would of already guessed that you shouldn't lie
          NYSP
          Score: 97.x

Comment

• Originally posted by Xstioner View Post
            Whitty can you please expand on your post...

nyofficer9207 - I would of already guessed that you shouldn't lie
            In addition to not lying, you also need luck on your side. Though results often vary, there are very few cops I know that have not failed or gotten an inconclusive on atleast one polygraph. Its pretty much a crapshoot. Even the National Academy of Science has conducted studies, and recommended to their respective congressional oversight committees to discontinue its use. Certain states, like MA and NJ actually have outlawed its use. But I will leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
              In addition to not lying, you also need luck on your side. Though results often vary, there are very few cops I know that have not failed or gotten an inconclusive on atleast one polygraph. Its pretty much a crapshoot. Even the National Academy of Science has conducted studies, and recommended to their respective congressional oversight committees to discontinue its use. Certain states, like MA and NJ actually have outlawed its use. But I will leave it at that.
              Whitty...Thanks for the information.
              NYSP
              Score: 97.x

Comment

• Did anyone who did their psychological get a letter back yet regarding the next step or even a DQ letter?

Comment

• Hey everyone! I'm in the process of the NYSP for this coming class. If anyone has questions about the psyc interview let me know. Also has anyone heard anything from their background investigator or a date for their poly?

Comment

• How did your interview go? And no I didn't hear anything back yet.

Originally posted by Christang View Post
                    Hey everyone! I'm in the process of the NYSP for this coming class. If anyone has questions about the psyc interview let me know. Also has anyone heard anything from their background investigator or a date for their poly?

Comment

• It went well. Met with the psychologist, He was very professional and very straight forward, no small talk. .
                      Last edited by Christang; 10-02-2014, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Perhaps you should think twice about some of these posts. Some of the items being discussed might be considered sensitive information.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• cant wait.....
                          Last edited by netsfan549; 10-04-2014, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
                            Perhaps you should think twice about some of these posts. Some of the items being discussed might be considered sensitive information.
                            What he said...I wouldn't be sharing your information/experience on the internet.

Comment

• Backgrounds have started.

Comment

• Were you contacted by an investigator?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9427 users online. 469 members and 8958 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X