Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in the same boat as whitty maybe even a little further on i got through everything processing weekend, bi, and poly and then i got injured and only had the medical review to do. Now i am getting back on for this round as soon as i get released by my doctor this week so it happens but like he said its a case by case thing and its not the norm

Comment

• Does anyone know what happens during the psychological interview? Is it just an interview or do they do your polygraph too?

Comment

• What do you mean backgrounds go out? The investigators start interviewing references and such?

Originally posted by Whitty View Post
        Ok. I am from the last batch of testing and through a series of events had to defer until now. I didn't have to participate this weekend in the processing, but received a phone call from HR / Member hiring stating that backgrounds (to include mine) go out Oct 1. Just so everyone is aware...

Comment

• [QUOTE=c_ob;3519370]What do you mean backgrounds go out? The investigators start interviewing references and such?[/QUOTE

yes backgrounds are assigned to investigators at that time.
          Last edited by Whitty; 09-10-2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Wow it feels like everything is happening so fast. When are the polygraphs done ?

[QUOTE=Whitty;3519378]
            Originally posted by c_ob View Post
            What do you mean backgrounds go out? The investigators start interviewing references and such?[/QUOTE

yes backgrounds are assigned to investigators at that time.

Comment

• Whoa slow down one step at a time here. This is not actually to fast this is normal the spring class had it fast psyc was like 1 to 2 weeks after processing week then right after bi and during that time is when you will do your poly. Just wait and watch things will move for you and they will tell you along the way what you need to do. All you can do is get all your personal stuff in order and just take it step by step

Comment

• My psych is a week from now! So I guess it is moving at the same rate as last class. Thank you for getting back to me!

Originally posted by wnybills10 View Post
                Whoa slow down one step at a time here. This is not actually to fast this is normal the spring class had it fast psyc was like 1 to 2 weeks after processing week then right after bi and during that time is when you will do your poly. Just wait and watch things will move for you and they will tell you along the way what you need to do. All you can do is get all your personal stuff in order and just take it step by step

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                  I'm from troop NYC
                  Send me a PM

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
                    can't wait until april or so for the next physical testing
                    ugh I hope I get a call.. I am in the 6000 grr

Comment

• well good the psyc is quick again but if the academy is expected to start in feb or march time frame you have plenty of time still, last class was April processing medical review for academy June. I don't think that this will be that fast since medical for this will not be until January time frame. all im saying it take it one step at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                        Send me a PM
                        I tried but it says you have your private messages turned off.

Comment

• Anyone do the psychological yet? I heard it was intense.

Comment

• In addition to the psychological...does anyone have any input on the poly? Just wanted an overall outlook from anyone on it.
                            NYSP
                            Score: 97.x

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy-O
                              So here's a question:

I am active duty Air Force and took the 2008 exam. When my number came up for candidate in processing weekend I still had a few years left on my commitment, so I asked to be put on the deferment list. Deployments and real-world contingencies have precluded me from taking the 2013 exam. I am set to separate this coming July, and was looking to reactivate my status as a NYSP candidate. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would appreciate any advice.
                              I may be wrong, but the 2008 list is completely gone. I don't know if the military exception would still apply. With proof of being unavailable, they may still be able to arrange for you to take the 2013 exam. Call the military recruitment, as they will have the accurate answers.
                              Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
                              Tonawanda Police
                              Erie County Sheriff
                              Erie County Police

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy-O
                                So here's a question:

I am active duty Air Force and took the 2008 exam. When my number came up for candidate in processing weekend I still had a few years left on my commitment, so I asked to be put on the deferment list. Deployments and real-world contingencies have precluded me from taking the 2013 exam. I am set to separate this coming July, and was looking to reactivate my status as a NYSP candidate. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would appreciate any advice.
                                I was deployed during the '04 test, but took the '06 military supplemental test (part of the '04 list), and deployed again. I got called to process for the 196th but was still on active duty. Thankfully I got out and got picked up for the 197th. The only issue I foresee is a deferment spanning 2 lists. Call member hiring. Good luck.
                                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9223 users online. 426 members and 8797 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X