Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yes for the tattoos they will take a picture of them tell you either yay or ney and then ask if you are willing to get them removed. they will defer you and i believe you can do the first part of processing. I know that there were people there last time with a sleeve going through that weekend so i guess i can only go on what they did back on April

Comment

• They said wear your glasses, but bring contacts

Originally posted by toonz333 View Post
      That's why I thought as well but that was not the case via the orientation. Also for people who wear contacts, they want you to wear glasses on Saturday... Don't get that one either.

Comment

• Originally posted by wnybills10 View Post
        And yes for the tattoos they will take a picture of them tell you either yay or ney and then ask if you are willing to get them removed. they will defer you and i believe you can do the first part of processing. I know that there were people there last time with a sleeve going through that weekend so i guess i can only go on what they did back on April

Correct me if I'm wrong. If you defer, but continue within the (1st) process, then your scores are invalid. The reason is because you're defering until next "potential class", not academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dom1220 View Post
          Does anyone care to share to what list number they reached to be called for the actual current academy class??.... And also how do the situps and pushups get counted by another candidate or by an actual trooper ??
          What's up Dom? Right now they are at rank 3,609.. I know because I called troop NYC and troop k to confirm.. I was ranked 3,75X and didn't receive anything so I was really worried when they said they invited the next 2,000 online Lol. I was like thank god! I thought my packet was lost by my mailman lol
          Last edited by Hardwork=Success; 08-30-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• can't wait until april or so for the next physical testing

Comment

• As far as the tattoo documentation goes, if you have a tattoo deemed visible in the shirt, do they let you continue with the physical test and processing if you agree to remove it? Or do you immediately have to defer and are no longer able to continue
              NYPD Exam 3309

APD: 07/14
              Medical: 01/15
              Written Psych: 01/15
              Oral Psych: 02/15 Passed
              BI: 03/15
              JST: 04/15 3:00 Passed
              Mini Medical: 06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by emlaxstar9 View Post
                can't wait until april or so for the next physical testing
                Is this information reliable?

Comment

• no this is not yet there are already rumors of a freeze for a little after this next wave but everything is always a rumor and changing

Comment

• Good luck to everyone going up to Albany this weekend

Comment

• Thank you! Any last minute advice for us?
                      2013 NYSP exam- 20XX 98.9%

Comment

• How did everyone do this weekend? Anyone get any good word on when the next Academy is expected or any timelines?

Comment

• The paperwork we were given at processing said the next academy is tentatively slated for Spring 2015.

Comment

• Ok. I am from the last batch of testing and through a series of events had to defer until now. I didn't have to participate this weekend in the processing, but received a phone call from HR / Member hiring stating that backgrounds (to include mine) go out Oct 1. Just so everyone is aware...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                              Ok. I am from the last batch of testing and through a series of events had to defer until now. I didn't have to participate this weekend in the processing, but received a phone call from HR / Member hiring stating that backgrounds (to include mine) go out Oct 1. Just so everyone is aware...
                              You took the physical and medical before and were able to defer all of that until now? The reason I ask is because HR told me that the physical and medical and other processing that took place this weekend correlated with the upcoming Spring 2015 Academy and you could not take the physical and further processing this weekend unless you were committed to the Spring 2015 Academy. That is why I decided to defer the upcoming academy and processing this weekend since I cannot commit to the Spring 2015 Academy.
                              Last edited by Bliskin; 09-08-2014, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• I honestly dont understand your statement or question. I completed the first processing weekend but had to defer during my background. They allowed me to reactivate for this academy. Hopefully that makes sense. I may be an exception to the rule. Not sure.

For what its worth, my situation was an unusual one. As the website says, deferements are handled on a case by case basis. They dont want you to process for an academy your not going to attend, which is why it sounds like they told you to defer or process based upon your willingness to commit to the spring academy.
                                Last edited by Whitty; 09-08-2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8058 users online. 378 members and 7680 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X