300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
    Perhaps the NYSP chose the top 200 candidates from the first 2,000 processed and moved on to the next 2,000. Considering the number of people who scored really high, it is in the best interest of the NYSP to choose only those who are highly qualified (college degree, unique work experience, spotless background, great financial records, great personal references, community involvement) rather than simply those who just passed the various screenings and exams.

There's no evidence time of processing means anything other than to space out all the recruits throughout the day. You'll see when you get there.

Comment

• It might be rank. I'm 21xx. Thats a good idea, I'll probably have a banana and boiled egg whites. Do you have any idea how long it will stretch out for? Do you think going at 6am we will be out by 8 or 9? Or do you think it will be an all day event?

Originally posted by krower89 View Post
      I am female. However, Id like to think my ranking of 20xx got me processed this early, not my gender! I'm feeling ready. The only part I'm not 100% confident in are the sit ups. So I'm still working on those.

Normally that early in the morning Id have a banana or oatmeal or a Special K yogurt bar.

Comment

• What is everyone wearing to orientation? I'm not sure if you are supposed to dress up or not.

Comment

• The first day you wear clothes to do pt in. That day is an all day event if your lucky and move quickly and have no real hiccups you should be out round 1-2 but people will be there til around 5. The second day dress nice do your things and head out lucky ones are out by 10 but normal time out by 12-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
            What is everyone wearing to orientation? I'm not sure if you are supposed to dress up or not.
            The orientation this week? I was told to wear a suit
            NYPD Exam 3309

APD: 07/14
            Medical: 01/15
            Written Psych: 01/15
            Oral Psych: 02/15 Passed
            BI: 03/15
            JST: 04/15 3:00 Passed
            Mini Medical: 06/15

Comment

• Originally posted by naps89 View Post
              The orientation this week? I was told to wear a suit
              oh you are talking about orientation with the recruiter, thats totally business casual as that is voluntary

Comment

• I'd recommend dressing your best during every phase throughout the hiring process. This is a respectful and professional career that you are dedicating your life towards and your attire should reflect that.

Comment

• Anyone want to give a quick summary of what was said at their orientation. I was busy at school so I could not attend.
                  2013 NYSP exam- 20XX 98.9%

Comment

• Per the orientation, the officer stated if you don't have your visible tattoo/s removed prior to the 6th, you must defer and cannot proceed to do any activities for Saturday/Sunday. Is this true? I thought you were able to begin the process on the 6th but before the academy you must have them removed.

Comment

• 10characters
                      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nike333 View Post
                        Per the orientation, the officer stated if you don't have your visible tattoo/s removed prior to the 6th, you must defer and cannot proceed to do any activities for Saturday/Sunday. Is this true? I thought you were able to begin the process on the 6th but before the academy you must have them removed.
                        That's a little unreasonable. What if someone couldn't attend orientation? Crazy
                        NYPD Exam 3309

APD: 07/14
                        Medical: 01/15
                        Written Psych: 01/15
                        Oral Psych: 02/15 Passed
                        BI: 03/15
                        JST: 04/15 3:00 Passed
                        Mini Medical: 06/15

Comment

• That's not true. If you have the tattoos, they take pictures of them, tell you whether or not you have to get them removed, and continue with processing.
                          Originally posted by naps89 View Post
                          That's a little unreasonable. What if someone couldn't attend orientation? Crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                            That's not true. If you have the tattoos, they take pictures of them, tell you whether or not you have to get them removed, and continue with processing.
                            That's why I thought as well but that was not the case via the orientation. Also for people who wear contacts, they want you to wear glasses on Saturday... Don't get that one either.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonz333 View Post
                              That's why I thought as well but that was not the case via the orientation. Also for people who wear contacts, they want you to wear glasses on Saturday... Don't get that one either.

I wear contacts and was required to test wearing my glasses in the event that I am on duty while wearing glasses. If you can effectively wear glasses while being physically active than wearing contacts will obviously be easier. They have to train you for the worse case.

Everyone that is picking a part every little detail that the NYSP requires need to realize that they have their reasons beyond our individual opinions. There is a reason for everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                                I wear contacts and was required to test wearing my glasses in the event that I am on duty while wearing glasses. If you can effectively wear glasses while being physically active than wearing contacts will obviously be easier. They have to train you for the worse case.

Everyone that is picking a part every little detail that the NYSP requires need to realize that they have their reasons beyond our individual opinions. There is a reason for everything.
                                Makes sense now. Thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9354 users online. 365 members and 8989 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X