300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by c_ob View Post
    Me too! I'm processing at 6am. What about you?
    I'm from Long Island and I'm scheduled for 6am as well.

Comment

• You also need to take in account for those who had a deferment from the first round of processing you might have just missed it if you are around 3700 or higher. I know they had something like 400 people defer

Comment

• I am list number 38xx and haven't heard anything. I must have just missed it. Oh well more time to prepare for the physical

Comment

• Originally posted by 14recruit10 View Post
          I am list number 38xx and haven't heard anything. I must have just missed it. Oh well more time to prepare for the physical

good way to look at it , i will be in the next wave of people to get canvassed after the recruits in september do there processing. Long wait but lets hope its worth it

Comment

• Speaking of physical, is anyone else struggling with the sit ups?

Comment

Last edited by c_ob; 12-26-2014, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonz333 View Post
                Speaking of physical, is anyone else struggling with the sit ups?
                No but I'm struggling with pushups !

Comment

• How fast is everyone running the 1.5 miles?

Comment

• Originally posted by toonz333 View Post
                    Speaking of physical, is anyone else struggling with the sit ups?
                    Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                    No but I'm struggling with pushups !
                    Warning, generalizing a lot here. I know not everyone will fit these molds. Those who find the run easy, usually struggle with pushups and vice versa. Females generally have the easiest time with sit-ups.
                    Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
                    Tonawanda Police
                    Erie County Sheriff
                    Erie County Police

Comment

Last edited by c_ob; 12-26-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone care to share to what list number they reached to be called for the actual current academy class??.... And also how do the situps and pushups get counted by another candidate or by an actual trooper ??

Comment

• 21xx
                          and they get counted by a trooper.

Originally posted by dom1220 View Post
                          Does anyone care to share to what list number they reached to be called for the actual current academy class??.... And also how do the situps and pushups get counted by another candidate or by an actual trooper ??

Comment

I'm a female and I struggle with the pushups. I have to do 18 and I'm only able to do 20- not leaving a lot of room for error which worries me. My run has to be done in 14:55 and I'm doing it in 14:20, and I have to do 35 sit-ups in 1 minute and I usually have 35 done by 50 seconds. I'm barely cutting it!
                            Since the push ups are not timed, I believe you will be just fine.

Comment

• Perhaps the NYSP chose the top 200 candidates from the first 2,000 processed and moved on to the next 2,000. Considering the number of people who scored really high, it is in the best interest of the NYSP to choose only those who are highly qualified (college degree, unique work experience, spotless background, great financial records, great personal references, community involvement) rather than simply those who just passed the various screenings and exams.

Comment

Awesome! Are you a female? I heard a rumor they were processing women first but wasn't sure how accurate that. Are you ready for the physical? Also, what are you going to eat so early in the morning!?!
                                I am female. However, Id like to think my ranking of 20xx got me processed this early, not my gender! I'm feeling ready. The only part I'm not 100% confident in are the sit ups. So I'm still working on those.

Normally that early in the morning Id have a banana or oatmeal or a Special K yogurt bar.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8587 users online. 272 members and 8315 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X