Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know who I have to contact regarding the rank they are up to in the eligibility list. I called troop K and spoke to them earlier today the guy told me that he knows there in a couple thousand now. Idk what that means but my rank is 3,75X and I have not received anything. They asked me if all my information is kept up to date if so I would receive something. I'm freaking out hoping it didn't get lost in the mail if it was on its way here. If they haven't reached my rank I'll be fine. I just want to make sure something doesn't hamper my ability to process. I've been preparing physically for two years now for the nysp processing weekend.. Lol. I just want to make sure

Comment

• Anyone who is familiar with the background check can I private message you?
      2013 NYSP exam- 20XX 98.9%

Comment

• I plan on getting a room in Albany on Friday Sept 5th. I know they provided us with a list of motels/hotels. Any suggestions on which ones are not disgusting lol

Comment

• If u are up to get hired, do it. They could freeze the academy and u might not get hired for years again if I defer. U can also finish college part time if I really have a semester left

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
            I talked to HR today and asked when the academy would take place because I was concerned about graduating college in May. She said that the academy will most definitely be before then and said that I could request deferment for education reasons.

In addition, I asked if I could continue processing and defer entering the next academy if I was able to make it that far and she said that you cannot defer the appointment of academy even if you passed preliminary processing. So if I were to continue processing, I would have to commit to the next academy if selected. However, deferment can allow you to defer the coming processing and academy and allow you to process and if chosen, enter the next academy after the Spring 2015 academy (hopefully there will be one in the Fall..)

Personally, I will request deferment in order to finish my degree. HR stated you must write a letter requesting this. Just a heads up to any of you out there in a similar dilemma.
            I'm curious as to why you'd want to finish your degree over gaining a full time job?

Comment

• Finishing a degree is smart.

Comment

• I think it's crazy that I will have to get my tattoo removed, during the application process and not during the academy. To spend the $ and remove something that has a special meaning to me before knowing "I made it" sucks..

Comment

• Originally posted by toonz333 View Post
                  I think it's crazy that I will have to get my tattoo removed, during the application process and not during the academy. To spend the $ and remove something that has a special meaning to me before knowing "I made it" sucks..
                  It would suck if you don't qualify, but "scared money don't make money"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwork=Success View Post
                    Does anyone know who I have to contact regarding the rank they are up to in the eligibility list. I called troop K and spoke to them earlier today the guy told me that he knows there in a couple thousand now. Idk what that means but my rank is 3,75X and I have not received anything. They asked me if all my information is kept up to date if so I would receive something. I'm freaking out hoping it didn't get lost in the mail if it was on its way here. If they haven't reached my rank I'll be fine. I just want to make sure something doesn't hamper my ability to process. I've been preparing physically for two years now for the nysp processing weekend.. Lol. I just want to make sure
                    I received a packet in the regular mail as well as an email requesting a response to confirm that I'll be attending. I have a feeling they haven't reached your rank. Just a hunch because I hear there's still a lot from the last round going into the next academy so they don't need to process as many.

Comment

• Originally posted by krower89 View Post
                      I received a packet in the regular mail as well as an email requesting a response to confirm that I'll be attending. I have a feeling they haven't reached your rank. Just a hunch because I hear there's still a lot from the last round going into the next academy so they don't need to process as many.

Thanks for the reply man! That's exactly what I was thinking. I knew they had a lower number of recruits to invite due to the amount of people left over from the first class. Do you know who I can contact to make sure of this? I've been thinking my packet has been lost in the mail because there close to my rank.. As you read earlier bliskin is in the 3500s so I thought they were right there by me.. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity man so I just want to make sure of everything first and I don't miss out. I haven't received an email regarding voluntary orientation as well so that made me think they are not up to me because if I was sent a packet I would've received that email.. Wish you guys the best!!!
                      Last edited by Hardwork=Success; 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• This site has the contact info for all the recruiters. I would just find which one applies to you and contact that recruiter for more ifo.

http://nytrooper.com/recruitment_officers.cfm

Comment

• Originally posted by Merlin_ownz View Post
                          anbody know whats the next ranks they well be calling ..? and anybody from trooper nyc .??
                          I'm from troop NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by Falcgun View Post
                            It's official, I will be there September 6th for the fitness test! Who else got the invite?
                            Me too! I'm processing at 6am. What about you?

Comment

• My list number is 21xx. They probably processed, at the most, 2000 people.
                              Originally posted by joe_dort View Post
                              Are you saying your list number is around 21xx or that they are processing around 2100 more people?

Comment

• It says they're processing the next 2,000 and I still have not received anything not even an e-mail.. I should be in this next wave of applicants looks like I will be calling again later today.. I have no idea what has happened I've literally kept up to date on everything and check the website frequently smh.. I hope I wasn't passed up or disqualified..
                                Last edited by Hardwork=Success; 08-20-2014, 01:20 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10500 users online. 468 members and 10032 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X