Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my buddy graduated the 189th in may or june 04, and he has been in troop A for a year and 8 mos., so the 4 year thing isnt set in stone i dont think

Comment

• All I know is that when I saw the 5 minute dvd on the academy training at the orientation a couple of months ago, it was no joke. There was not one scene of PT where it didn't look like the recruits were gonna drop dead from exhaustion. Even the classroom scenes didn't look a bit less than eyes and ears. And that was only 5 minutes. It's gonna be a long 6 months.
      sigpic
      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
        All I know is that when I saw the 5 minute dvd on the academy training at the orientation a couple of months ago, it was no joke. There was not one scene of PT where it didn't look like the recruits were gonna drop dead from exhaustion. Even the classroom scenes didn't look a bit less than eyes and ears. And that was only 5 minutes. It's gonna be a long 6 months.
        I visited that academy last summer and viewed the video from the previous class. I would have to agree with everything you said. Although six months of enduring physical and mental "fatigue" is a small price to pay for the chance at a rewarding career in my eyes! But then again, I haven't been through it (yet ) so I really am just voicing my opinion. Although, the Trooper showing me around did say that only about 10% don't make it through and a majority of those that didn't, walked out the door on their own. Don't see myself walking out and it being my choice!
        Last edited by VZMan; 06-21-2007, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          Let me try to unconfuse you.

The investigator doesn't even see all of the data that goes into the decision to hire someone or not. A lot of that is done in HQ by people that work there.
          He doesn't see the results of the psych test, for example.

If the investigator finds something that is troublesome, then he has an idea that you won't be hired. If that troublesome data is found elsewhere, and not in his BI, then he has no idea. So it's perfectly plausible that he has found nothing to DQ a person who later gets DQ'd.
          Aah thanks for unconfusing me. Your explanation kind of sounds like good episode of Mythbuster’s with a plausible outcome.

Comment

• Update On Trooper Involved Shooting

http://www.wwnytv.net/72k/new-full-s...area=home+page

Not that I had any doubts at all, but definitly glad to see a positive outcome to the investigation. Still hoping for Tpr. Reif's speedy and full recovery.

Comment

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
              I visited that academy last summer and viewed the video from the previous class. I would have to agree with everything you said. Although six months of enduring physical and mental "fatigue" is a small price to pay for the chance at a rewarding career in my eyes! But then again, I haven't been through it (yet ) so I really am just voicing my opinion. Although, the Trooper showing me around did say that only about 10% don't make it through and a majority of those that didn't, walked out the door on their own. Don't see myself walking out and it being my choice!
              Once I'm there, they'll have to drag me away at gunpoint to get me out

For me, theres no turning back. If I don't do it now, I'll be too old to try again.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.wwnytv.net/72k/new-full-s...area=home+page

Not that I had any doubts at all, but definitly glad to see a positive outcome to the investigation. Still hoping for Tpr. Reif's speedy and full recovery.
                According to records, 45 year old Steven McUmber had a criminal history spanning the last 20 years.

McUmber was listed on the New York State Sex Offender Registry as a Level 3 sex offender, which means he was at a high risk of committing the crime again.

It dates back to a conviction from December 1997 for first-degree attempted sexual abuse.

His victims were two girls--ages 10 and 12.

According to the registry, he was sentenced to two to four years in prison and was released in September 2005.

According to the New York State Department of Corrections, McUmber was sentenced to another state prison term in 1989 for second-degree rape.

He was released in 1992.

The St. Lawrence County Sheriff's Department confirmed McUmber was arrested in 2002 for felony Driving While Intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle.

Sounds like this guy wasn't a total loss to society. I hope Tpr. Reif recovers soon and is well awarded for her bravery and sanitary contribution in disposing of garbage. God bless her and her family.
                sigpic

Comment

• Trooper Reif shot him with her .45 Glock pistol, which was issued to troopers at the beginning of the year.

An autopsy determined that McUmber died of a hemorrhage due to a perforated right lung from a gunshot wound.

I guess the new .45's are working pretty good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Once I'm there, they'll have to drag me away at gunpoint to get me out
                    For me, theres no turning back. If I don't do it now, I'll be too old to try again.

I agree with you 100% on that!

I liken it to the PAT to a certain extent. I’ll be the first one to admit that I spent a majority of my prep time focusing on the sit-ups and was not properly prepared for the run. I was pretty much gassed halfway through the run but am not the type of person who has given up on anything in life that I felt was important. The last three laps or so were sheer will and determination for me. I realize I will never win a marathon but when it comes down to finishing it, I will see the finish line at some point without having walked any portion of the course. Its all about your frame of mind and the type of person you allow yourself to be. As an experienced and wise man on these forums one said, “if you are motivated and not a knucklehead, you’ll do just fine.”

Just call me the RUDY of the bunch.

Comment

Trooper Reif shot him with her .45 Glock pistol, which was issued to troopers at the beginning of the year.

An autopsy determined that McUmber died of a hemorrhage due to a perforated right lung from a gunshot wound.

I guess the new .45's are working pretty good.
                      I believe that almost every individual that becomes involved with law enforcement hopes they never have to fire their service weapon. Unfortunately, with downward trend society has taken and the general disregard for life, each and every LEO has to accept that there may come a time when it may be necessary and hopefully they will rely on their training and instincts to act in whatever manner it takes to diffuse the situation. I believe this is one of those occasions where the “us vs. them” mentality is fitting.

I’m glad that Division finally equipped Troopers with a weapon that possesses some stopping power. To all the current Troopers on these forums and any other LEO for that matter, BE SAFE!

Comment

• testtesttesttest

Comment

I agree with you 100% on that!

I liken it to the PAT to a certain extent. I’ll be the first one to admit that I spent a majority of my prep time focusing on the sit-ups and was not properly prepared for the run. I was pretty much gassed halfway through the run but am not the type of person who has given up on anything in life that I felt was important. The last three laps or so were sheer will and determination for me. I realize I will never win a marathon but when it comes down to finishing it, I will see the finish line at some point without having walked any portion of the course. Its all about your frame of mind and the type of person you allow yourself to be. As an experienced and wise man on these forums one said, “if you are motivated and not a knucklehead, you’ll do just fine.”

Just call me the RUDY of the bunch.

Don't worry RUDY, you'll do good. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!...no!...and were not gonna give up now! (John Belushi "Animal House")
                          Last edited by ATrooper2b; 06-22-2007, 12:47 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't worry RUDY, you'll do good. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!...no!...and were not gonna give up now! (Jon Belushi "Animal House")
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love that movie!! One of the classics I always have to watch when I see it's on.
                            Last edited by VZMan; 06-23-2007, 05:18 PM.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love that movie!! One of the classics I always have to watch when I see its on.
                              One of my personal favs too.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I read last night that Tpr. Reif's condition was upgraded. The article did not state what her current condition is, but sounds positve nontheless.

I just found one of those big yellow envelopes in my mailbox this afternoon inviting me to further processing on July 21st and 22nd. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a large spring class!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7729 users online. 309 members and 7420 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X