Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 obvious tips for any academy or military boot camp: know and be good at hospital corners before the academy and shine the **** out of whatever pair of shoes/boots u have. It'll only save u time and stress. If u don't know what hospital corners are, you tube it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert_b_right_on View Post
      Morning, I was in the same situation, kinda. I was getting out of the USMC and didn't know how good my chances were in becoming a trooper so I was also processing with Va Beach police, I continued processing with both all the way until the end. If it came to it I would have started the va academy and left mid academy for the nysp. So my opinion would always be do both, if you have to leave the CO academy then so be it, it's very hard to do the complete process for nysp and you don't know if you def have the job or not. If you have to put in extra work processing with both it will be worth it
      Well said. Take what is offered first, then leave if u get a better offer. It doesn't matter if I are week 1 or week 8 of te corrections academy, leave it for the better opportunity. A friend of mine was week 22 of a local PD academy when he got the call for Nysp and he left. There are lots of people who leave other academies to enter Nysp.

Comment

• Contributor thanks for the advice anything else you think of please share.

Comment

• One week left, excitement and nervousness all balled into 1

Comment

• Worst thing I'm nervous about, the running, has a crazy month with EAS, moving, baby a few days ago, so haven't been able to stay on track with my PT

Comment

• Congrats on the baby!

Comment

• Originally posted by jship View Post
                Congrats on the baby!
                Thanks man

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert_b_right_on View Post
                  Worst thing I'm nervous about, the running, has a crazy month with EAS, moving, baby a few days ago, so haven't been able to stay on track with my PT
                  You won't be killed on the running...everything else PT wise they'll hammer u on. The running is a little more laid back so if u passed the entry don't worry about it at the moment

Comment

• At the orientation this past week the recruiter touched on bringing a raincoat, anyone have an idea what he meant, dress raincoat for suits or something like a poncho? Any information would be great, thanks.

Comment

• My recruiter said bring "rain gear" and said something cheap like from Walmart would be fine. I'm assuming it will be for running outside, based on what she had said.

Comment

• Good luck everyone.
                        Last edited by republicangopmh; 07-28-2014, 03:31 PM.
                        NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
                        Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

• Good luck fellas!!!!! I'm wishing you guys the absolute best!!

Comment

• Did anyone find out if we are bringing all of the cold weather stuff the first day? I plan on bringing it but if we can leave it until it starts getting cold that would be nice as far as storage space goes.

Comment

• Our troop was told that we need to bring everything that was specified, and that for example they may be asking us to wear our black winter gloves sometimes in the first week.

Comment

• Good luck guys!
                                For those of us who processed this wave but are going to the next class. Anyone know if we have to retest anything before the next academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7017 users online. 305 members and 6712 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X