300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert_b_right_on View Post
    I had the same worry when I was processing, didn't want the state police to look poorly in me because I process with the VA beach police and then turned them down last min. My background investigator for nysp told me that everyone does that, it's part of the process when trying to get into law enforcement. Good luck man, stay competitive during this time. I feel once you get in the competition isn't so much there anymore but more of a "push eachother" mentality do we all make it through, so be as competitive as you can be now
    Absolutely man. I greatly appreciate your response. A lot of cops whom I speak with say not to get discouraged regarding the wait.. they say that your going to come home from work one day when you least expect it and receive certifications left and right from the previous tests you took lol. Right now I'm just doing whatever I can to prepare myself for the challenge that awaits. This is how I look at it my time isn't right now but when it does come I'm going to make sure I'm ready.

Also the reason why I asked this question was because a LT who was once a background investigator for New Jersey state police came to do recruiting at the college I attend and he said that you can't process with anyone at the time of receiving a certification from NJSP.. If you are this resulted in a automatic DQ. I was actually shocked when he said that because I was of the mindset people are just trying to get on the job. But I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. So I was just curious as to see if it was the process for NY.

Comment

• I received a phone call asking if I'd be willing to be on the backfill list. I'll receive an official letter in the mail in a day or two. I was told this is going to be a large class, and from processing and on here most of the guys who are invited are former military. I personally doubt many will drop out during the first few weeks.

What are my realistic chances of being part of this class? I am more then a few names down on the list.

Thanks for any and all of your insight.

Comment

• I have read past posts that just because they are military doesn't mean they won't drop out. And since it is a larger class then statistically the number of quitters should be proportionately larger. Having said that I personally feel that since it is the first class off of the test and the fact that it is a majority of military I don't think there will be a lot of dropouts. But there may be just enough for you to get in. Good luck and be ready!

Comment

• Originally posted by Highbury View Post
          I received a phone call asking if I'd be willing to be on the backfill list. I'll receive an official letter in the mail in a day or two. I was told this is going to be a large class, and from processing and on here most of the guys who are invited are former military. I personally doubt many will drop out during the first few weeks.

What are my realistic chances of being part of this class? I am more then a few names down on the list.

Thanks for any and all of your insight.
          What is your approximate list number?

Comment

• Originally posted by Racecar View Post
            What is your approximate list number?
            I am above 7 on the list.

Comment

Last edited by jayarr; 02-11-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayarr View Post
                What's a good (local) source for the Oxford shoes?
                Any police/military uniform store should carry the Oxfords. I ordered mine from Bates.

Comment

Last edited by jayarr; 02-11-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• I went with high shine as well.

Comment

• I can vouch that Nunn Bush "Eddy" Oxfords pass the muster too. Feel free to PM me with questions or a list of things to bring.

Comment

I don't have my packet on hand. What model bates did u order? I remember it saying rubber soles and leather. High shine.....?
                        A friend of mine from the 199th said no preshine. Mine are just leather with rubber soles. They specifically say they're polishable. I saved some money ordering from LApolicegear.com

Comment

• I got mine from kholes store, but took me forever to find wrestling shoes

Comment

• Does anyone know if it is necessary for us to bring clothes hangers or an iron? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Comment

I don't have my packet on hand. What model bates did u order? I remember it saying rubber soles and leather. High shine.....?
                              Make sure they are "shineable" but not pre-shined.
                              Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
                              Tonawanda Police
                              Erie County Sheriff
                              Erie County Police

Comment

• Yes bring an iron and some hangers. Whatever hangers u use, they must match and make sure u don't mind buying a bunch of them when they break. Also, get the hangers that u can rotate the head on so u can hang ur clothes the opposite way without having to take the clothes off and turn the aroud manually. U will thank me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6878 users online. 389 members and 6489 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X