Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received my offer! I'm on cloud 9 right now. See you on the 3rd!!!

Comment

• Sorry that you're a bills fan but congrats on offer see you on the 3rd

Comment

• When I was at the medical a couple weekends ago, I over heard one of the women receiving the completed packets that there were 393 RSVP's for the medical. I'm not sure how many were invited though.

Comment

• When I was at the medical a couple weekends ago, I over heard one of the women receiving the completed packets that there were 393 RSVP's for the medical. I'm not sure how many were invited though.

Comment

• Anyone ranked in the 1700s and 1800s hear anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by vg3 View Post
              Anyone ranked in the 1700s and 1800s hear anything?
              I'm ranked in the higher 1800's, non-military. Still haven't heard anything.

Comment

• You guys may get bumped to the next class depending on how many of the 393 make it.
                2013 NYSP exam- 20XX 98.9%

Comment

• If anyone declined then this week a few more invites should be sent out. Then the letters for the standbys as well.

Comment

• What's up fellas? I have a question and am seeking advice on what you guys would do.. I am about to receive a certification for Hudson county corrections as I am a New Jersey resident.. I'm in dire need for the job due to financial struggles in the household while trying to support my mother.. I want to become a New York State trooper first and for most but do I pass up on this opportunity? Would you? My rank is 3,6xx and was hoping to get processed for the next class.. I don't want to go through the whole process for Hudson county and have that hurt my chances for nysp.. Also I don't want to make it seem as if I'm unprofessional by going through the academy staying there for a few months and leaving for nysp. (If I'm fortunate enough to get through the process).. By the way I'm 22 and still in the process of getting my degree.. Just thought I add that in there to see what you would do if you were in my position at that age.. I'm in the mindset of whoever certs me first that's where I would go and stay till I got the job I ultimately wanted.. Thanks for reading guys.. I'm looking forward too seeing your opinions

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardwork=Success View Post
                      What's up fellas? I have a question and am seeking advice on what you guys would do.. I am about to receive a certification for Hudson county corrections as I am a New Jersey resident.. I'm in dire need for the job due to financial struggles in the household while trying to support my mother.. I want to become a New York State trooper first and for most but do I pass up on this opportunity? Would you? My rank is 3,6xx and was hoping to get processed for the next class.. I don't want to go through the whole process for Hudson county and have that hurt my chances for nysp.. Also I don't want to make it seem as if I'm unprofessional by going through the academy staying there for a few months and leaving for nysp. (If I'm fortunate enough to get through the process).. By the way I'm 22 and still in the process of getting my degree.. Just thought I add that in there to see what you would do if you were in my position at that age.. I'm in the mindset of whoever certs me first that's where I would go and stay till I got the job I ultimately wanted.. Thanks for reading guys.. I'm looking forward too seeing your opinions
                      Morning, I was in the same situation, kinda. I was getting out of the USMC and didn't know how good my chances were in becoming a trooper so I was also processing with Va Beach police, I continued processing with both all the way until the end. If it came to it I would have started the va academy and left mid academy for the nysp. So my opinion would always be do both, if you have to leave the CO academy then so be it, it's very hard to do the complete process for nysp and you don't know if you def have the job or not. If you have to put in extra work processing with both it will be worth it

Comment

• Thanks alot man.. I greatly appreciate the advice.. I was leaning on that route but wasn't to sure if New York State police will hold that against me and dq me.. I'm clean and am going to remain that way hopefully with no blemishes.. I've done everything I possibly can on my end to meet every requirement so I'm praying it pays off in the long run.. But I'm also not going to pass on a chance to get on somewhere in the mean time to at least get my foot in door.. I've taken 6 exams over the past two years scored fairly high and no word lol.. Guess that's the process though..

Comment

What's up fellas? I have a question and am seeking advice on what you guys would do.. I am about to receive a certification for Hudson county corrections as I am a New Jersey resident.. I'm in dire need for the job due to financial struggles in the household while trying to support my mother.. I want to become a New York State trooper first and for most but do I pass up on this opportunity? Would you? My rank is 3,6xx and was hoping to get processed for the next class.. I don't want to go through the whole process for Hudson county and have that hurt my chances for nysp.. Also I don't want to make it seem as if I'm unprofessional by going through the academy staying there for a few months and leaving for nysp. (If I'm fortunate enough to get through the process).. By the way I'm 22 and still in the process of getting my degree.. Just thought I add that in there to see what you would do if you were in my position at that age.. I'm in the mindset of whoever certs me first that's where I would go and stay till I got the job I ultimately wanted.. Thanks for reading guys.. I'm looking forward too seeing your opinions
                          Make sure you finish your degree...hope you have enough credits right now to get hired otherwise you will be passed over.

Comment

• Originally posted by UpNorth3816 View Post
                            Make sure you finish your degree...hope you have enough credits right now to get hired otherwise you will be passed over.
                            I'm actually going to have the credits by August 3rd.. I was pushed back 5 semesters due to my father passing away and having to work to help my mother out.. On the upside though I've been going to school straight through for going on 8 months to get the required amount of credits... I'm on a vision quest man to finish strong lol.. Whatever it takes by all means necessary to get to my ultimate goal needs to be done.. Nothing is going to be easy.. Thanks for the advice and replies fellas.. I greatly appreciate it..

Comment

Thanks alot man.. I greatly appreciate the advice.. I was leaning on that route but wasn't to sure if New York State police will hold that against me and dq me.. I'm clean and am going to remain that way hopefully with no blemishes.. I've done everything I possibly can on my end to meet every requirement so I'm praying it pays off in the long run.. But I'm also not going to pass on a chance to get on somewhere in the mean time to at least get my foot in door.. I've taken 6 exams over the past two years scored fairly high and no word lol.. Guess that's the process though..
                              I had the same worry when I was processing, didn't want the state police to look poorly in me because I process with the VA beach police and then turned them down last min. My background investigator for nysp told me that everyone does that, it's part of the process when trying to get into law enforcement. Good luck man, stay competitive during this time. I feel once you get in the competition isn't so much there anymore but more of a "push eachother" mentality do we all make it through, so be as competitive as you can be now

Comment

• I doubt the NYSP would care if you processed with another agency first. I know some people that graduated another agency and went right into the Academy with literally 2 weeks in between.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12365 users online. 477 members and 11888 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X