Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard new information regarding class size?

Comment

• Hey there everyone,
      First time posting here, I got ranked 2862 in the entrance exam. Does anyone have an idea of approximately when they might process the next batch of applicants? I know we're still waiting on the first academy to begin but still was curious. I suspect I probably will get a call to come in for the physical testing with the next group. I'm wondering if I am looking at early fall maybe??? Thxs

Comment

• The latest... next class is supposed to be 235. We are being told there will be a Feb/March class of 175. This situation is fluid, and could change tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by cicirello2969 View Post
          The latest... next class is supposed to be 235. We are being told there will be a Feb/March class of 175. This situation is fluid, and could change tomorrow.
          Would they contact us via mail or email for the physical for the next class?
          2013 NYSP exam- 20XX 98.9%

Comment

• Is it normal to have not received a medial letter yet? I am assuming I've been DQ'd but I haven't received that letter either. I have completed everything. Any thoughts? I hope I don't receive a good letter in the mail, a day prior. I live 900 miles away.

Comment

Last edited by jayarr; 02-11-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayarr View Post
                Call member hiring asap

I have, all they can tell me is that I will be receiving correspondence soon. They can't tell me what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Police2013 View Post
                  On a serious note, this is the post that helped me the most before I went into the academy.
                  Thank you for re-posting this. I wasn't having much luck with the search engine and 350+ pages is a lot to wade through. I appreciate it.

Comment

• I'm heading up tomorrow good luck to everyone see you there

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave328 View Post
                      Good morning all. Been trolling around for a while and its been helpful reading all the posts even from the beginning. Unfortunately I received my dq letter June 12. Ranked early 1900's and was blown away at the fact I was dq'd. Just wish I could know why, but one will never know. Wish all you guys the best as you move forward
                      Dave- these are appealable and should be appealed if you really want the job. Was it a Psych or character dq? They typically will not give details of their Investigation, unless you decide to challenge it with NYS civil service Commision.
                      Last edited by Vista; 06-27-2014, 07:57 AM.
                      Problems with a psych exam?
                      Have an upcoming
                      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                      you make up your mind.
                      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

• I guess with a rank in the 23000's- no shot, eh'?
                        Problems with a psych exam?
                        Have an upcoming
                        PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                        you make up your mind.
                        WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                        http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Last edited by jayarr; 02-11-2015, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vista View Post
                            I guess with a rank in the 23000's- no shot, eh'?
                            23,000???? I wouldn't hold your breath.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone heading up there tomorrow!!
                              Last edited by Dave328; 06-27-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Vista - I am not quite sure what it may have been. Don't believe it could've been pysch, as I met with the doctor and 2 days later, got the call from my BI. But I did call up member hiring Tuesday morning and she said I can ask for an oral interview to review my disqualification. So that's what I did, typed up and mailed out my letter yesterday morning. Hopefully they'll review it soon and send me a date to head up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7009 users online. 334 members and 6675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X